Preliminary HSC Assessments-Thoughts/Results (1 Viewer)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Re: Preliminary HSC Assessments-Thoughts/Results v1.0

@ Airie, show all your number "3's" from your maths exams or something to the head teacher (if you haven't). It is 'just' 10% but it'd feel good to make your teacher feel bad. Oooookay, that's a bit mean but you deserve that one mark :) I heard it was BOS policy to put the rankings up.

All my "4's" look like y's without the bottom curly bit so I always have to be asked what it is -_-"

And, (not very relevant) but my friend was born on July but her dad writes his "7's" with a little dash through it and the birth certificate people thought it was a "1" so now she celebrates her birthday in January.

EDIT// Man, I have such a habit with writing uber-long posts -_-"

yinyin

HSC
N/A

i stuff my prelim already
english- change speech i have no idea
maths: 2u--- tomolo- 3u next term
bio: 13/16 speech
economic--- damn 11/20(OMG) 16/20
legal: 30/40
jap: 18/20, 19/20
far out... i hate my rescults.... i dont know why ive got so shit for legal and eco....
T.T......
if 1 continue like this, im wont get a uai of 93plus and cant do the commerce degree... OMG.... help~~

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC

m0ofin said:
@ Airie, show all your number "3's" from your maths exams or something to the head teacher (if you haven't). It is 'just' 10% but it'd feel good to make your teacher feel bad. Oooookay, that's a bit mean but you deserve that one mark :) I heard it was BOS policy to put the rankings up.

All my "4's" look like y's without the bottom curly bit so I always have to be asked what it is -_-"

And, (not very relevant) but my friend was born on July but her dad writes his "7's" with a little dash through it and the birth certificate people thought it was a "1" so now she celebrates her birthday in January.

EDIT// Man, I have such a habit with writing uber-long posts -_-"
Maths exams? That's irrelevant but :p I mean if it weren't for that line it would have been a pretty obvious 3 :( And yes, the teacher who marked that question was in fact the head teacher XP

Talking about maths exams. Won't get mine back till next term. Kaboom.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A

airie said:
Maths exams? That's irrelevant but :p I mean if it weren't for that line it would have been a pretty obvious 3 :( And yes, the teacher who marked that question was in fact the head teacher XP

Talking about maths exams. Won't get mine back till next term. Kaboom.
I assumed that you'd write numbers in your maths exams (i.e a "3") :p

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

yinyin said:
i stuff my prelim already
english- change speech i have no idea
maths: 2u--- tomolo- 3u next term
bio: 13/16 speech
economic--- damn 11/20(OMG) 16/20
legal: 30/40
jap: 18/20, 19/20
far out... i hate my rescults.... i dont know why ive got so shit for legal and eco....
T.T......
if 1 continue like this, im wont get a uai of 93plus and cant do the commerce degree... OMG.... help~~
hey they are really good marks, esp since you just started the year! don't be sad about them and remember the point of year 11 is so that you can learn from it. make heaps and heaps of mistakes, because once you hit year 12 you'll be set and you'll be killing every assessment you'll do =]

and no you did not stuff you prelims. for example for business studies i got 28/55 for my first assessment, which was near the bottem of my class. i then did really well in every other assessment and came second in the subject.

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

Good advice their hopeles5ly! :)

It is a good thing to 'stuff up preliminary' I am sure you would rather 'stuff it' then your HSC where all your marks count. Try not to worry to much I know right now it seems important but when you get to the HSC you will wonder why you worried so much about something that doesn't even matter towards your HSC.

Preliminary is a learning experience it gives you the skills you need to know and what you should expect in the HSC it doesn't matter if you are ranked 1st or last as long as in the HSC your ranked 1st. Good Luck, once again 07ers and try to take mine hopeles5ly and the other <06ers advice! :)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC

Airie... you've got a good teacher...
It's only the prelim... the marks you get now account for nothing... just the assumed knowledge...

The point is in the HSC, if your 3 looks like a 2... you can't take the test back to them and ask them to fix it... infact you never see your HSC exam.

So its a valueable lesson... i bet you'll never make that mistake again...

Riviet

HSC
N/A

Remember kiddies: you're not doing the HSC [yet]. Therefore nothing counts towards your UAI. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try hard this year. :p This year is a good year to see how you are going in your studies, if you stuff up, learn from your mistakes and work on them. By the time you get to term 4, you should be confident and ready to tackle the HSC. Good luck to you all.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

yeah enjoy year 11. despite all the stress and assessments i had, it was one of the best years ! good luck =]

Zero Infinite

HSC

My first English assessment went well, got 19/20, and it's worth 10%. But I'm always pretty good at English.

Just had the first week of my half-yearlies. English went well, while everything else was OK/random. Studied for Economics which I have tomorrow, need to study for Physics next. My 3U Maths exam is also this week, so it's a hard week ahead...

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC

sam04u said:
Airie... you've got a good teacher...
It's only the prelim... the marks you get now account for nothing... just the assumed knowledge...

The point is in the HSC, if your 3 looks like a 2... you can't take the test back to them and ask them to fix it... infact you never see your HSC exam.

So its a valueable lesson... i bet you'll never make that mistake again...
I know that. And in fact I've never made that sort of mistakes before, this was the first time :mad1: And to think that I kept reminding myself not make dumb mistakes like these! >.< The fact that I stuffed my physics test doesn't help either...:( (And it was a mistake that I reminded myself not to make just the day before. Aaarrgggh.)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC

i had an english in class essay on friday, chem this tues, and sor 2 this tues, then holidays

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

I screwed my Maths Ext 1 test last week, half the people at my school failed.

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC

Well turns out i stuffed up the english thing too @.@ Handing in ext. english essay tomorrow, and a modern history thing. I think I buggered the Geog test, but went well in the Business studies one. *fingers crossed*

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC

Damn! I've done 7 Assessments and have only gotten one result back.

And I woke up at 6:30 last wednesday to attend Eng Ext and give my speech but the class was cancelled.

I've screwed up my Chem assessment, I'm now ranked 58th out of a cohort of 68 :(. Not happy since Chem is my favourite subject and all I did was a make few silly mistakes and the test was so easy that a few marks made a big difference e.g My friend got 2 marks more than me but ranks 10 places above me.

Basically I'm venting because I'm angry at myself for screwing up my 1st chem assessment.

vizman

HSC

we've only done 4 assessment tasks this term. economies assignment, maths common test, english in class essay and english ext. speech. only got english essay back so far, which was purely a miracle :D

moco

HSC

You feel relieved after all the assessments are over. But then there are the half-yearlies that follow soon after. Sometimes it seems like there is no break.

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC

BAH i knew i would stuff up my physics exam...20/30...it was worth 20 percent so thats a pitifull 13/20 :(...but ranking wise...my rank is quite high :)

greycats

Mister Monday
HSC

~shinigami~ said:
Damn! I've done 7 Assessments and have only gotten one result back.

And I woke up at 6:30 last wednesday to attend Eng Ext and give my speech but the class was cancelled.

I've screwed up my Chem assessment, I'm now ranked 58th out of a cohort of 68 :(. Not happy since Chem is my favourite subject and all I did was a make few silly mistakes and the test was so easy that a few marks made a big difference e.g My friend got 2 marks more than me but ranks 10 places above me.

Basically I'm venting because I'm angry at myself for screwing up my 1st chem assessment.
Poor you :( My Ext. English speech was awful 11/20 for it. On a side note, what're you doing for Ext. English? As for chemistry.. I failed that last year, gl with it.
Got 33/50 for my Business studies test, that sucks. Geog I'm pretty sure is a goner. TAFE exam tomorrow x.x im so dead for that

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC

greycats said:
Poor you :( My Ext. English speech was awful 11/20 for it. On a side note, what're you doing for Ext. English?
I'm doing fairytales and we've been analysising various versions Little Red Riding Hood.

greycats said:
Geog I'm pretty sure is a goner.
Geography...my most hated subject. :p GL with it though! :)

greycats said:
TAFE exam tomorrow x.x im so dead for that
TAFE should be easy, right? :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)