Preliminary 07'ers (2 Viewers)

anarekrap

HSC
honestly try hard in year eleven, but by no means is it the be all and end all of your education... so don't freak if you do shit. it gives you a good basis for year 12, but i chucked 95% of my work away because it had absolutely no relevance. all you get at the end is a certificate saying, 'preliminary course completed.' so have fun this year! party heaps!

frieda

Premium Member
HSC
sophiaaah said:
selective schools are public schools. i know that my best friend who goes to a 'normal' public school pays more for her uniform than i do at a selective school.
it's not like we pay extra to get into our school. that's not how it works.
I got to a selective school and i really think that the price of school uniforms range depending on whether the school gets tailored uniforms etc. (whereas some just sell theirs through lowes). Personally i think it is probable that our school contributions considerably higher (we're not allowed sign out without paying them! so they're really more compulsory) and the price of my uniform is still pretty hefty.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
frieda said:
I got to a selective school and i really think that the price of school uniforms range depending on whether the school gets tailored uniforms etc. (whereas some just sell theirs through lowes). Personally i think it is probable that our school contributions considerably higher (we're not allowed sign out without paying them! so they're really more compulsory) and the price of my uniform is still pretty hefty.
Try going to a school where they encourage you to donate +$750 for the rowing community , and you will get your name inscribed on one of the rowing shed's bricks.

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
Try going to a school where they encourage you to donate +$750 for the rowing community , and you will get your name inscribed on one of the rowing shed's bricks.
Oh, so is that why I hate the school, now?
Yes, this is a reason...

Also, if you don't pay school fees, they withhold your report. And if you don't pay money towards the construction of buildings we'll even never use, they'll hassle you, and ring you all the time.

And, while I suppose they do try to set the lowest fees, the school may alter them accordingly, to whatever they wish.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Oh, so is that why I hate the school, now?
Yes, this is a reason...

Also, if you don't pay school fees, they withhold your report. And if you don't pay money towards the construction of buildings we'll even never use, they'll hassle you, and ring you all the time.

And, while I suppose they do try to set the lowest fees, the school may alter them accordingly, to whatever they wish.
Wow, that sucks. Withholding reports sounds shoddy. Our school withholds them til the last day to encourage us to stay in school, that's my theory anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)