Prelim 2016 Maths Help Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
If you ask me 4U requires creative thinking but maybe that's just me and my insane artistic viewpoint of mathematics.

No, that can't be right, I'm definitely correct.
No you're right, requires a collaboration of creativity and critical thinking

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
How does that make a difference to thinking for yourself? lol
Well you can't really say things unless you've done/experienced it b4

E.g. I hate doing modern history. I've never experienced that before however it seems like a boring subject which I would hate as I have done some sort of modern history in the past. You get what I mean

4U maths is on a different tangent to 2u maths (considering the scaling)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Critical thinking helps but is not necessary.

I live the insane life, I would know.
Well im not as crazy as you, but i find that critical thinking lets me come up with eloquent and creative ways to solve the question.
Idk, each to their own

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

E.g. I hate doing modern history. I've never experienced that before however it seems like a boring subject which I would hate as I have done some sort of modern history in the past. You get what I mean

srs

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC

You contradict your own argument becoz i can probs count over 10+ times where you've jumped into a maths thread and said shit like "4u requires critical thinking" despite you never doing it in your life

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
You contradict your own argument becoz i can probs count over 10+ times where you've jumped into a maths thread and said shit like "4u requires critical thinking" despite you never doing it in your life
If you were talking about the thread I made (about how to think in extension 2), I think you need to read that again carefully DatATARLyfe

My first sentence was, I heard that extension 2 maths is about critically thinking wheras 3U is about doing

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Anyways can we please come back to doing some maths now

We've gotten off track

leehuan

HSC

We've gotten off track
I reckon, you should go back to maths at your difficulty before you try going for stuff like inverse functions and motion and blah blah blah. The furthest skipping you should ever do is just two topics.

At this rate, you're doing far more damage than harm to yourself in your quest to do 4U. Focus on the stuff you're currently being taught; get good at it, then when the hard stuff comes you WON'T have to even ask 90% of what you ask right now

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

We've gotten off track
Sure.

On a side note ....

If you can't do an entire set of Q's (set after set) it is probably a sign that you need to go back down to the simple stuff before you tackle the harder ones.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I reckon, you should go back to maths at your difficulty before you try going for stuff like inverse functions and motion and blah blah blah. The furthest skipping you should ever do is just two topics.

At this rate, you're doing far more damage than harm to yourself in your quest to do 4U. Focus on the stuff you're currently being taught; get good at it, then when the hard stuff comes you WON'T have to even ask 90% of what you ask right now
True, but I almost finished learning inverse functions by myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)