Pregnancy / Periods (1 Viewer)

Danoz The Great

HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
and girls, has your period ever been over a week late and the reason not been pregnancy? what are other reasons your period could be this late?
Endometriosis? The Pill maybe? I've heard they can make your cycle irregular.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
AlleyCat said:
whaa?? brain tumours! jeez!

it makes me all paranoid to think back on it and wonder if something was wrong with my body, considering it was a little while back now. do you think they should have done tests?

btw what are you studying for?
medicine exams..?
well if u had the others.. u might have blindness too or massive weight problems (lik pathological.. not like "I cant say no to chocolate") or a mass in ure pelvis.... so lik its all lik a big picture thing... its not just wally.. its the wizard too!... ;)
also
hormone levels would tell us
and blood counts..
lots of fail safe mechanisms..

Endometriosis- she would be in so much pain and have such a large period.. also she would kill her signifiicant other.. especially if they asks for sex.... :) so no.. prolly not the cause of irregular or stopping period..

stress... weight loss... excessive exercise are usualli the culprits..

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
medicine exams..?
well if u had the others.. u might have blindness too or massive weight problems (lik pathological.. not like "I cant say no to chocolate") or a mass in ure pelvis.... so lik its all lik a big picture thing... its not just wally.. its the wizard too!... ;)
also
hormone levels would tell us
and blood counts..
lots of fail safe mechanisms..

Endometriosis- she would be in so much pain and have such a large period.. also she would kill her signifiicant other.. especially if they asks for sex.... :) so no.. prolly not the cause of irregular or stopping period..

stress... weight loss... excessive exercise are usualli the culprits..
oh, im totally lost. but since my periods returned to normal it seems that there isnt anything wrong with me. i was a healthy weight, although i gained weight the first few months on the pill. and there is no risk of over excersize hahaha.

thanks though, thats very helpful. best of luck with medicine. i think i would have liked to do medicine if i got the marks. but i wont so oh well...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
Stress makes lots of girls a lil late... oh and the other thing is sometimes it might be normal
but then
condom + pill usually stop them from getting pregnant.. its very handy..

exams not startin yet.. ill be fine..

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Girls can be late for many reasons, esp when its only a week late, its usually something normal

I remember I skipt after the 1st time I got my period (I was like 11 and hoped that, it was a mistake the first time lmao :rolleyes: )

Also when I am really badly anemic I either skip or am late coz my iron levels are low, something to do with your bodies reaction to low iron levels or something

and as others have said stress can also make you a bit late

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
My cycle is so irregular.Mine are always late, and each month they usually get later,one time I waited almost 60 days(I was worried,then relieved when I finally got them)Mine only last for 2 days or less.The first day is the worst, I always feel so sick.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I've only ever been late once. I'm like clockwork the rest of the time, so being over a week late scared the crap out of me. That's the only scare I've ever had and the only scare I ever want to have.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
mine were regular for quite a while (ie, around the same time each month), and then suddenly, they didn't come. i was so fucking scared... and then they arrived two weeks later. i nearly cried :p and since then they've been all over the place, which is really annoying.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I'd say definantly go on the pill or some other contraceptive eg implanon. It will probably even make sex better as there wont be the 'what if it breaks?' thought lurking in the back of you're head...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
bubz :D said:
mine were regular for quite a while (ie, around the same time each month), and then suddenly, they didn't come. i was so fucking scared... and then they arrived two weeks later. i nearly cried :p and since then they've been all over the place, which is really annoying.
mine were like that.. but ive been on the pill for almost a year and now its fine, they come the same time every month and they're heaps shorter and lighter.. its great :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
bubz :D said:
sounds like me.
Through school i was heaps regular. Never on time (28 days) but always the few days early or late. Now though, its fucked. 2 weeks early for a while, then a week late then 1 week early. A few months ago it came 2 1/2 weeks late and i was like what?
Periods suck.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
sounds like me.
Through school i was heaps regular. Never on time (28 days) but always the few days early or late. Now though, its fucked. 2 weeks early for a while, then a week late then 1 week early. A few months ago it came 2 1/2 weeks late and i was like what?
Periods suck.
thats realli weird? u getting that checked up?

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
The pill basically controls your hormone levels so you don't ovulate. Thats the pregnancy stopping part...

The fact that is controls your hormone levels also means it can make your periods more regular, lighter, less painful.

It can also be used to clear problem skin (which tends to be a hormonal problem).

On the downside it can make you crazily depressed and moody, put on (or lose) weight, and is now listed by the World Health Organisation as a known carcinogen (cancer-causing).

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
well the oestrogen/progesterone one is... listed as carcinogenic..

but the 'mini-pill' (progesterone only) isnt.. :) similar functions.. but the mini-pill doesnt work in certain ppl and isnt as effective as the mixed pill.. but then its usualli given to older women too..

anyways.. its lik a 1 in 1000 chance higher than normal compared to the average women... who already has a 8% lifetime risk of breast cancer..
i say.. dun worry about that risk its minimal.... the WHO made a "technically" based decision.. and i dun even think its that good.. if ure worried talk to ure doctor.. :)

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
thats realli weird? u getting that checked up?
well i got worried about it earlier this year because i was also getting tired really easily and always feeling weak and shit so i went to the doctor, got a blood test etc. told her whats been happening. She didnt find anything, everything was in the healthy/normal zone except my iron (which was on the lowest before it would be a problem).. so it could be that? who knows....

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah my mum has the same thing, lack of iron seems to really hit females harder than males.

My ex had completely irregular periods, sometimes 5 weeks, sometimes 7 sometimes 3 or 4 but yeah.

cyclonesarah

ive been on the pill for bout 8 months and the only problems ive had with it is when i forget a day and my period comes like a week early. but when i remember and i take it correctly then its fine! No problems!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
*~Dazed~* said:
well i got worried about it earlier this year because i was also getting tired really easily and always feeling weak and shit so i went to the doctor, got a blood test etc. told her whats been happening. She didnt find anything, everything was in the healthy/normal zone except my iron (which was on the lowest before it would be a problem).. so it could be that? who knows....
iron is good :) beef/lamb 200g/ wk is ure min. iron intake for the week for women :)
with vitamin C .. iron absorption is improved..btw spinach.. is not that great for it..

the diagnosis sounds right.. but then clinical medicine is not a definite science somedays.. :p

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
200g of beef/lamb a week doesnt seem that much.. isn't that like one serving? so basically eating beef at one dinner would be sufficient?.. doesn't seem right but hey im sure you know more than me.

Although having said that, my body is lucky to even get that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)