• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pregnancy / Periods (1 Viewer)

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
its like a state law that state schools cant administer tablets.....something to do with whetehr there might be side effects or something and then the state government is liable. anything to cover their arses!

django_

HSC
nah i think its a thing for the schools to cover their asses...in our school diary theres a thing parents have to sign to say how many panadol we can have...cuz if kids just go in and get them and something happens, without the parents permission the school can get sued.

edit: sorry twisted emily i read ur post wrong...yeh i agree with u lol

arooshika...

HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:
this is mainly for the girls, but guys can post aswell...

what would you do if you found out you (or your partner) was pregnant? would you keep? have an abortion? put it up for adoption? tell your parents about it..?

and boys, if your gf was pregnant would you stay with her, or leave her?

and girls, has your period ever been over a week late and the reason not been pregnancy? what are other reasons your period could be this late?

if i found out i was pregnant id keep the baby and move in with my partner, but if my partner wants nothing to do with me then id run away

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
lil_dudette said:
if i found out i was pregnant id keep the baby and move in with my partner, but if my partner wants nothing to do with me then id run away
why run away?
If he wanted nothing to do with me I doubt I'd keep his baby. I'd abort.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:

what would you do if you found out you (or your partner) was pregnant? would you keep? have an abortion? put it up for adoption? tell your parents about it..?

and girls, has your period ever been over a week late and the reason not been pregnancy? what are other reasons your period could be this late?
omg yeh...and i told my friend and she asked me if i was pregnant and i was like kah! how could you think that...and if i did get pregnant (which i know i wont) i wouldnt have an abortion or put it up for adoption...id probs be dead b4 the child is even born but yeh id keep the child if i was still alive...i had a dream that i had a baby when i was 16 with the guy i used to like...it was freaky...but the baby was cute...and i love babies so i would never even consider abortion or adoption...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
lil_dudette said:
i cant kill life even inside me
technically, well "scientifically", it isn't a life until it becomes a foetus, and that's not until after a month of being pregant. but anywho, lets not get into a debate about abortions.

ghostofme said:
[mine have always been regular until the HSC stated so for the last 2 months they have been comming late...but they get here eventually, still it is very scary
especially since one of my best friends has recxently become pregnant...it worried me
sometimes your body goes a bit whacky when you're stressed. so getting late periods during hsc or other stressful times is REALLY common. if it keeps happening, you should see a doctor, coz there could be something wrong.

also, a lot of girls around the ages of 16-24 have anemia and don't even know it. so if you're body is lacking blood, then it's going to have no blood to give out when your period is meant to come, if that makes sense.

ariande

The Don
HSC
I would never have an abortion, if I got pregnant now, I would have the baby.

Also my period fucks up all the time, it either comes too early or too late... It is badly affected by stress and other circumstances.

Jonathan A

HSC
There were issues raised of abortion and the option to abort.

To clarify this, Abortion is generally illegal in NSW. The exceptions to this are that there is consent of the female and the procedure is performed by a qualified medical practitioner. The Practitioners must also be of the belief that it is necessary to preserve the female from serious danger to her life.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Jonathan A said:
To clarify this, Abortion is generally illegal in NSW. The exceptions to this are that there is consent of the female and the procedure is performed by a qualified medical practitioner. The Practitioners must also be of the belief that it is necessary to preserve the female from serious danger to her life.
The current law in relation to abortion in NSW is contained within statute and common law. Section 82 of the Crimes Act NSW makes it an offence for a woman to unlawfully administer herself with a drug or use any instrument or other means with intent to procure a miscarriage. This is punishable by 10 years gaol. Section 83 makes it an offence for any other person to unlawfully administer a drug or cause a pregnant woman to take a drug or use any instrument with the intent to procure a miscarriage. This is punishable by 5 years gaol. In 1971 District Court Judge Levine in the case of Wald found that there was no wrongdoing if the miscarriage was procured on the basis that there was an honest and reasonable belief that the termination of the pregnancy was needed in order to protect the pregnant women from serious danger to her mental or physical health. This danger presented by the procedure must not be out of proportion to the danger which is intended to be averted. In the case of CES v Superclinics President Kirby (as he was then) expanded the scope of the danger to the pregnant women’s health to after the birth of the child as well as allowing the consideration of economic and social circumstances affecting the health of the pregnant woman.

1. Women wants abortion

2. No wrongdoing if the miscarriage was procured on the basis that there was an honest and reasonable belief that the termination of the pregnancy was needed in order to protect the pregnant women from serious danger to her mental or physical health. The scope of the danger now applies to after the birth of the child as well as allowing the consideration of economic and social circumstances affecting the health of the pregnant woman.

3. The danger presented by the procedure must not be out of proportion to the danger which is intended to be averted.

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Jonathan abortion is not illegal, nor should it ever be.
Im assuming you are reffering to s 83 of the CA, but you should read carefully because it says 'unlawfully'....it is unlawful to do it against her will etc, not illegal altogether. Lots of common law on this.

In SMH today it tells us that the Howard government are considering lifting the ban on RU486 (pill used for medical abortion as an alternative to surgical abortion) which is legal in the US, Canada, NZ, the UK.....

I believe 100% in a woman's right to choose, and will not give pro-lifers the time of day. If I was ever in the horrible position of having to make a decision to terminate (many people fail to see that it is never a decision taken lightly) and was approached by a pro-lifer, I would take them straight to court for harrassment and assault.

Last edited:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
http://www.cdp.org.au/fed/mr/050217f.asp said:
Babette Francis shared alarming new evidence of the direct link between abortion and breast cancer which helps to explain the dramatic increase of breast cancer in developed nations, including the USA and Australia. Mrs Francis showed a new USA film which depicted medical experts explaining this new evidence. Not all women however who have breast cancer necessarily have had an abortion; there could be other factors.
There is no link between abortion and breast cancer, it has been disproven time and time again. This makes me so so angry.

same fucking idiots said:
Gail Instance spoke of the harmful aspects of sex education in schools which encourage promiscuity and teenage pregnancies. Such education obviously destroys the natural modesty and shyness in girls.
This says it all. Another reason why Ms 12 is against organised religion in any way shape or form.

oh2sxc

HSC
pinkblinkbarbie said:

i had this experience with this random chick a few weeks ago. we thought she was pregnant because she was staying quiet and not talking and stuff but we talked about it and it was all good... but if you are responsible for getting a girl pregnant then the right thing to do in most cases (at our age) is to get an abortion and support the load between the two of you.

On the contrary - a funny (well for some it will be funny) story - my sister has this guy friend who went on a gap year and he returned after his year off and said he was going to stay at this girls place he had met on his gap year. so he went to her place in sweden or norway or watever it was for 3 months and he came back and went to uni. A few weeks into uni and he got an email from the swedish chick saying she was pregnant.... his reply being a man was to change his email address...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Jonathan A said:
There were issues raised of abortion and the option to abort.

To clarify this, Abortion is generally illegal in NSW. .
17 year olds drinking is illegal too, but who listens to that??

oh2sxc said:
On the contrary - a funny (well for some it will be funny) story - my sister has this guy friend who went on a gap year and he returned after his year off and said he was going to stay at this girls place he had met on his gap year. so he went to her place in sweden or norway or watever it was for 3 months and he came back and went to uni. A few weeks into uni and he got an email from the swedish chick saying she was pregnant.... his reply being a man was to change his email address...
lol oooops!

they're called CONDOMS PEOPLE! that's why they were made! and yes, condoms aren't 100% protective, but thats why they have THE CONTRACEPTIVE PILL! use them kiddies!

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Ms 12 said:
In SMH today it tells us that the Howard government are considering lifting the ban on RU486 (pill used for medical abortion as an alternative to surgical abortion) which is legal in the US, Canada, NZ, the UK.....
There has been a long running battle between the pro choicers, the government and the pro life lobby over RU 486. It was imported into Australia for medical trials towards the end of the Keating government. There was a massive fuss as the pro life lobby characterised it as a month afterpill.

But by the time the issue had got back on the agenda the Libs were in power and it was banned. It is interesting to note that it has been imported a few times for treating tumors (I think).

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I did an essay on the RU486 debate in year 10 commerce....it was passed onto every teacher in the school, they were suprised at how passionate and I was about my views and how much research I had done.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
grk_styl said:
technically, well "scientifically", it isn't a life until it becomes a foetus, and that's not until after a month of being pregant.
"Scientifically" as soon as conception occurs it is technically living because it is a cell, with DNA, Enzymes etc. If a single-celled bacteria can be classed as a living organism, then so can a zygote. Its just a political/legal thing that has changed the definition.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
grk_styl said:
17 year olds drinking is illegal too, but who listens to that??
I thought the supply to a 17 yr old is illegal not the drinking..
u cant buy alco.. but u can drink it at 17....

grk_styl said:
yes but it's just that "a living organism" - it has no thought, feeling, emotion. so it isn't "technically" speaking, killing a human life.
im all for abortions.. but we dun kno tat..
cos there is some indication that prior to 20-22 weeks there is no pain if ure talking scientifically.. but we dun have mind reading machines... EEGs are crap that way..

edit: actually there is evidence it is up to 28 weeks now..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)