Preferences? (1 Viewer)

hiddenagenda

HSC
Re: First Preferences?

Is it better to do just bc Com at a reputable Uni such as newsouth or Should I just do com/law at Mac or some other uni lol xD. I got my mind set on investment banking =] mmm soo much moneeyyy :D my friend got 800k/yr.. in his second year outa uni. True he looks 40 though xD

Buiboi

HSC
N/A

800K a year?
HOT DAMN!

bokiniec

Not a New Member
HSC

mine would be Bachelor of Law/Business but knowing that i shall not get into it i will go for Bachelor of Medical Scince then after a year transfer into B of MEdicine then after a year of that go to Sydney uni :D:D:D

then eventually have a family with my mates :D

bellinda

HSC

omg.. u lot are making me have a tummy ach.. lol..

my first choice was bachelor of architecture .. but my UAI isn’t gonna get me there.... so im starting to reconsider and maybe bachelor of interior design.. dont know if im gonna even get there with the trials i just had..agh..lol

beentherdunthat

HSC

hiddenagenda said:
Is it better to do just bc Com at a reputable Uni such as newsouth or Should I just do com/law at Mac or some other uni lol xD. I got my mind set on investment banking =] mmm soo much moneeyyy :D my friend got 800k/yr.. in his second year outa uni. True he looks 40 though xD
:wave: Are you sure about that?? Dentists are usually the highest paid straight out of uni... something like 60-70 thousand a year I thinks... 800 K??? That's a damn load of money!!! and he's too inexperienced... hows that possible???

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC

:wave: Are you sure about that?? Dentists are usually the highest paid straight out of uni... something like 60-70 thousand a year I thinks... 800 K??? That's a damn load of money!!! and he's too inexperienced... hows that possible???
lmaooo
i think he meant 80K
but was a bit too enthusiastic wen clicking the zero button :p:p

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC

My first preference is still B Commerce/B Science (Computer Science) @ UNSW.

subjectiv

HSC
N/A

Arts/Law at Usyd. Chances are that I'll miss the cut, but I'm hoping for the best.

subjectiv

HSC
N/A

SoulSearcher said:
Guess I'll still see you with the law component over there then :)
I hope so! :) Lol, I've let go of commerce. Being numerically dyslexic closes many doors.

hiddenagenda

HSC

Ahmed A said:
lmaooo
i think he meant 80K
but was a bit too enthusiastic wen clicking the zero button :p:p

lol if you could only make 80k I'd do something like accounting =]
ahaha its coz his base salary is 400k, and goldman sacchs did really well that year and his bonus was another 400k xD But its very stressful.. not really a 9-5 job loL

ssglain

HSC

I need some advice please: B Sci (Adv)/MBBS @ USyd (cut-off 99.95) or MBBS @ UNSW (cut-off 95)?

It's a tough toss. I was told by a family friend who worked in the med faculty at USyd that their course structure is very poor. She kind of implied that I shouldn't bother to apply, but the prestige of the combined program is still very tempting and I like the idea of gaining two degrees in 7 years compared to one degree in 6 years at UNSW.

What do you (especially you fellow med candidates) think?

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC

wow, hardly any engineering students here.

B Civil Engineering [Structures] w/ DipEngPrac @ UTS

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC

ssglain said:
I need some advice please: B Sci (Adv)/MBBS @ USyd (cut-off 99.95) or MBBS @ UNSW (cut-off 95)?

It's a tough toss. I was told by a family friend who worked in the med faculty at USyd that their course structure is very poor. She kind of implied that I shouldn't bother to apply, but the prestige of the combined program is still very tempting and I like the idea of gaining two degrees in 7 years compared to one degree in 6 years at UNSW.

Hmm, apply for both and see where it goes from there? I'm not sure really, I don't know anything about the quality of the medicine programs at either university nor do I know too many people doing those programs, so I would just say to you to apply for both, talk to current students at both programs, look at the course outlines, structure, topics etc. see what each program offers to you.

Good luck with your choice :)
nichhhole said:
HAHAHA.
Oh dear.
i wish i was so confident that i was choosing between a course with a UAI 0.05 off total intellectual superiority... [ well at least the intellectual ability determined by the HSC/UAI ie. WORK ETHIC!]
So um guyz, i need some advice please: CHildcare diploma at TAFE [cut off SC] or Hairdresser apprenticeship.

They're currently my options.

haha :)
Trust you with my hair or trust you with our kids? Hmm :)

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

LottoX said:
BSc (Med) Hons. is capped at 30 students a year, with a drawn out approval process and a distinction average over the first 2 years (from subjects in the Medicine course). You'll have to be rather awesome.

Arts, on the other hand, isn't so elite.

I'm not sure about the doing it somewhere else thing. UNSW Medicine subjects aren't counted by other universities...
I know about the cut-off and i've looked at the med sci UNSW course, first year is basically yr 12 equiv and foundation studies really. I've spoken to the guy who's ranked 2nd in med sci at the moment as well. The cap is less than 20 realistically since there DFEE places and international student quota's.

I don't care if other people rubbish arts, it's what i want to do.

I was talking about the subjects offered in art's not medicine.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC

beentherdunthat said:
ahaha , we had some dentist/doctor lecturer dude come to our school to have a chat to the seniors.

all the bloody year 11s came to miss out their classes ==" and stole all the booklets ! bastards.

anyway , the lecturer said that on average dentists earn around 120k in their first year , which progressively increases until about 500k.

lol thats heaps ... although like all of it goes to tax anyway ahaha.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

ssglain said:

Alot of Graduate med courses have problems with content, esp anatomy. But essentially you end up with the same qualification an MBBS.

I'm looking at the B. Arts/MBBS course at UNSW 7.5 years, If you really want to do science adv go for it. But you must maintain set standards in the combined med program at Usyd and do compulsory non-credit extra-curricular subjects, i've spoken to one guy from ruse who got in but was kicked out of the program. The only real benefit is that you dont have to do GAMSAT.

http://www.medfac.usyd.edu.au/futurestudent/combineddegree/admission/sci-med.php
http://www.science.usyd.edu.au/fstudent/undergrad/course/com-scimed.shtml

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)