Predictions for Chemistry 2014 HSC? (1 Viewer)

timeflies

HSC
Said that in my trial, got absolutely smashed for it don't even go there. Apparently you're supposed to say 'nitrates' there instead of 'ammonia'. I seriously lost two marks for this shit.
Oh wow two marks for that seems harsh... thanks for that though :)

zhertec

HSC
What question? The one I asked? Because they don't... that's why I asked
For the one you and I asked, eutrophication one. Answer was from success one so it's gotta be at least a b5 response right?

zhertec

HSC
I feel aas hasn't been asked enough so it might be that. My friends believed that it won't be ozone this year.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
hmm but guys it makes sense, because technically the priority was having nitrogenous raw materials. So like ammonia simply offered them a method of obtaining nitrogen, but the priority was always nitrogen/nitrates

As SSH said, always link back to nitrates/nitrogen whenever you mention ammonia
Yeah, it does make sense. And it's not like it's unusual for chem to be picky about language choices. Just a really harsh deduction for one wrong word.

For the 6-7 marker it really should be nuclear chemistry (particularly medical isotopes). Hasn't come up in a fair while. But it will probably be some environmental thing instead.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I feel aas hasn't been asked enough so it might be that. My friends believed that it won't be ozone this year.
Ozone was the extended response last year, it's really unlikely they'll do it twice in a row so I'm definitely with your friends on that one

SuchSmallHands

HSC
there's really not more than 5 marks they can ask on Haber. Like unless they somehow manage to combine haber's discovery crap with the process itself and the need for monitoring, which imo is probably the easiest 7 marker they could give from the syllabus

I think Haber will be coming up this year though (its due), just probably like a 4 mark question tho

I think galvanic cells chemistry stuff could be a potential 6 marker
Yes, I agree completely. The only extended response they've had recently that was related to electrochem was that stupid 2012 question where you didn't even need to know much about the actual cell, just it's environmental impact.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Oh my god people are talking about chem of art on the HSC discussion group. Who knew that others existed?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
again with aas, probably limited to a 5 mark question. Like the only sub categories they have are the principles of aas (how it works, electron crap, draw a diagram), positives and negatives, uses

Ozone is unlikely I agree. but study anyways lol BOSTES likes screwing us over

IF ITS NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY I WILL PARTAYYYY

jks maths next day
Nuclear chem is where it's at, best and most untested section of the course

SuchSmallHands

HSC
OMG PLS REPLY TO MY CHEM OF ART THREAD xxoxooxox

its so lonely I have no idea what I'm doing :((
There are threads on the chem of art forum?! I'm so ridiculously screwed for that section. The rest of my class did shipwrecks and I taught myself chem of art with no textbook. I know notthhiiinggg. I look at some of the past paper questions like 'what? Is that even on our syllabus?'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)