Predictions for Chemistry 2014 HSC? (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
look dw.

I was calculating the other day when assessing my options i.e. how screwed I was.

If you're worried about the applied theory questions, they compose of approximately 12 marks of the paper. Assuming, worst case scenario and you can't do ANY of them (highly unlikely), you end up with 88%.

Of the remaining 88%, say you lose a few marks on multiple choice/silly mistakes, you'll still end up with approx 85%.

That will most likely align to 92.

You'll be okay. Keep the faith :) You don't have to get 100 lol, just make sure that you get everything that is straightforward right.
thanks HPF, means a lot :D I'm just relying on internals, because I have done no phys since trials :/

mreditor16

HSC
not being a snake? thats new :p

hmm doesnt matter if you do (doubt it though I'm sure you can AT LEAST get like 93), your internal will probably be 96ish
lol internal will be nowhere near that. from doing some research and looking at past years baulko results, I've estimated my internal will be 93. so hopefully it can drag me up :)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
thanks HPF, means a lot :D I'm just relying on internals, because I have done no phys since trials :/
I wish I could do this! I need to bring up my crappy internals so badly (for the millionth time on this thread: screw prac assessments...)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
don't do chem hsc. didn't even try in year 11, although I did it for the units.
I did it for the units too, then my teacher wouldn't sign the form to let me drop because he knew that I loved it even though I suck haha

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
what are people's predictions for industrial chem extended response?

emilios

HSC
Yay we're finally back on track with actual predictions...

Also expecting the three cells as the largest marker in Industrial, probably with some link to the environment. I think the 'renewable resources' part (dotpoint 1) could also come up as a 2-3 marker. Feeling a Solvay process calculation (the ones in tonnes) and the usual generic equilibrium q's and soap q's

QZP

HSC
Any predictions on 6-7 marker for core? o:

Last edited:

emilios

HSC
^ probs not something generic. may try to combine different parts of the syllabus in a creative way

zhertec

HSC
Any predictions on 6-7 marker for core? o:
If it's something about water, tables will be flipped.

Btw what are your internal rankings for Chem? Mines around 50s :( praying to scrape a b6

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)