• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Predictions for Chemistry 2014 HSC? (1 Viewer)

harrypotterfan

HSC
wow lol I'm actually scared shit for tomorrow, more than I have been for any other subject this exam period

I think its because chem takes up 70% of my total study time lol :/

ughh. Okay good luck guys :)

HSC
wow lol I'm actually scared shit for tomorrow, more than I have been for any other subject this exam period

I think its because chem takes up 70% of my total study time lol :/

ughh. Okay good luck guys :)
I'm worried too! Chem is brutal
2013 was unbelievably easy, especially options.

But idk some people that actually did it last year found it hard...
Yeah i found the paper easy too however it all comes down to marking criteria and how bitchy they want to be.

Emma Watson

HSC
so guys what predictions do you guys have for the upcoming paper tomorrow?

i've been analysing past papers and they are bound to ask AAS, lead/button cell, ozone & oxygen and for industrial chems probs something on that rubber from trees or ivory from elephants. Also arrhenius etc. All calculations are ezpz.

harrypotterfan

HSC
so guys what predictions do you guys have for the upcoming paper tomorrow?

i've been analysing past papers and they are bound to ask AAS, lead/button cell, ozone & oxygen and for industrial chems probs something on that rubber from trees or ivory from elephants. Also arrhenius etc. All calculations are ezpz.
ozone made up 6 marks last year though...

AAS, batteries I agree. I also think some marks on Haber and eutrophication

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I would like to wish everyone who is doing the Chemistry paper tomorrow a massive good luck from me, just one thing I would like to say, don't burn out and get enough sleep for tomorrow!

Thanks guys!

emilios

HSC
I would like to wish everyone who is doing the Chemistry paper tomorrow a massive good luck from me, just one thing I would like to say, don't burn out and get enough sleep for tomorrow!

Thanks guys!
this is truth. only got like 6.5 hrs of sleep the night before 4U. fucked up catastrophically.

HSC

Thanks guys!
Thank you :D

this is truth. only got like 6.5 hrs of sleep the night before 4U. fucked up catastrophically.
hahaha I hate when this happens
What band or marks are you expecting from 4U man?
He is going to get 91+ (HSC mark)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Guys I know this is a chem forum but can you people please give me tips on how to survive and do the best in 3U Maths! Thanks you are all legends btw and will do well later in life to become aspiring leaders professionals at what you want to become. :)

zhertec

HSC
Guys I know this is a chem forum but can you people please give me tips on how to survive and do the best in 3U Maths! Thanks you are all legends btw and will do well later in life to become aspiring leaders professionals at what you want to become. :)
I'm in prelim-early y12 but these methods have kinda helped me during my ext 1 exams:
-get plenty of rest beforehand, cause when you lack sleep everything becomes much more "complex" in your head.
-Try to calm yourself down before the exam starts, nothing worse than a frantic mouse attempting to calculate sht hard questions.
-Before deeming questions are too hard, attempt them first, they might be easier than you think. So many times during my prelim years have I skipped questions cause I though they would waste too much time, and then after the exam realizing how easy the question was.
-Have some confidence in yourself, if you've done enough past papers and practice papers, assure yourself that you are ready to make ext 1 your little bitch.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Thanks guys! Btw for the quantitative test for hardness with EDTA, how much do we need to know about it? Can someone provide some details about it? Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)