• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Practising in HSC writing booklets? (1 Viewer)

Marc26

HSC
Would it be a good idea to get a better feel with HSC writing booklets?
And if so, where can you access them?

Girls

HSC
I can't see it mattering that much unless change legitimately disorients you. Plus it makes you feel kinda good when a 6 page response turns into a 3 booklet one. . . :guitar:

forgot

HSC
Uni Grad
Would have to agree, it might have such a big difference, but not a bad idea. you can usually get them from the left papers from HSC students.

ahdil33

HSC
The booklet is in the link given. personally, I printed 200 A3 sized booklets. Practised folding them everything...people were just like wtf are you doing, but imo helped heaps for Maths, since I use so many booklets, transitions between booklets were seamless lol. ultimately I think anything that results in your papers being more realistic helps when it comes to the real thing. The last thing you want to do is panic in the exam.

In English they gave us 6 booklets straight up for both Paper 1 and Paper 2, and they're only 3 pages each so you'll probs need more.

For Eco the extra writin paper was in booklets.

For maths they were custom but they still similar to these.

Aysce

HSC
Personally, I don't notice any difference between the HSC writing booklets and just normal lined paper, but as aforementioned by a user, it doesn't hurt to get a feel of the real thing. Try what's best for you and stick with it.

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
The booklet is in the link given. personally, I printed 200 A3 sized booklets. Practised folding them everything...people were just like wtf are you doing, but imo helped heaps for Maths, since I use so many booklets, transitions between booklets were seamless lol.
haha, i got my english teacher to print me around 50+ booklets for stuvac

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
We used them for our trials + some assessments so I never felt the need. It just makes your responses seem longer :p

Omg, the most annoying thing. SUpervisors at my school refuse to give extra booklets out before exams start, and then proceed to talk to you in the exam while trying to tick that blue sheet....so annoying.

RishBonjour

HSC
Yes it helps A LOT! Personally, I gathered all my trial writing booklets (almost identical to HSC ones) and had heaps of free pages on the maths ones and english ones so used them to practice. Also, I had a few from deputy's office lol. It was certainly helpful for me considering my hand writing is borderline illegible so needed to figure out how to grip + write (changed my writing style 1 week before HSC).

also, during HSC, ask for as many booklets as you want. for maths I spaced out my working so much, the supervisor got pissed and started giving me 2 booklets at a time

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Yes it helps A LOT! Personally, I gathered all my trial writing booklets (almost identical to HSC ones) and had heaps of free pages on the maths ones and english ones so used them to practice. Also, I had a few from deputy's office lol. It was certainly helpful for me considering my hand writing is borderline illegible so needed to figure out how to grip + write (changed my writing style 1 week before HSC).

also, during HSC, ask for as many booklets as you want. for maths I spaced out my working so much, the supervisor got pissed and started giving me 2 booklets at a time
This post applied to me as well. For maths, my working was also spaced out I used about 50 booklets for 3U in trials. This was due to not being use to working with booklets having practice on line paper all the time. My handwriting and speed improved and in the HSC I only used about 12.

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
It definitely helped me. The consistency of A4 paper and the line spacing on the HSC booklets is very different to what you'd get in normal notebooks. My pen nib used to scribble and slide a lot in exam situations because I was unaccustomed to the paper. I fixed that for the HSC.

ahdil33

HSC
This post applied to me as well. For maths, my working was also spaced out I used about 50 booklets for 3U in trials. This was due to not being use to working with booklets having practice on line paper all the time. My handwriting and speed improved and in the HSC I only used about 12.
Spiral you madman 50 booklets! That's like 8 for each questions...lol

12 is reasonable but still heaps seeing as there were 4 questions. That's like 9 pages for each? assuming you did less on your first 2 questions, damn you must write big.

funstudy

HSC
I photocopied blank pages from my trial papers (which were in hsc format), practised with thsoe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)