Poor choice of subjects? (1 Viewer)

ohai

HSC
While i'm only in Year 11, lately i've put some thought into what university course i'll be studying after the HSC. As a result i'm worried about the ATAR cut-off's being above 90.

Do you think that with substantial effort, I could still get an ATAR above 90?
My subjects are:
General Mathematics, IPT, Physics, Chemistry, English Advanced, Religion (I).

Cheers.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
While i'm only in Year 11, lately i've put some thought into what university course i'll be studying after the HSC. As a result i'm worried about the ATAR cut-off's being above 90.

My subjects are:

Cheers.
Most subject combination can get you even the top ATAR (i.e. 99.95 ATAR) as long as you get good marks.

hollaholla

HSC
in year 11 i changed subjects about 4-5 weeks before the end of the course....:haha:..
i dont believe you can get a uai of a 100 with like..ANY combination (general maths cafs music eng stand etc) .. but looking at your subjects ..there is no doubt you can. Work hard. for my sake dont drop a science:p lol jk

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
The only way a combination of subjects can be 'poor' is if you chose them based on whether your friends are in the class, whether a particular teacher is teaching them (or anything else that's just lame). If you chose those subjects based on what you're good at, or what you enjoy, with the consultation of teachers (careers advisor, year advisor, principal etc), and family, then it's a great group of subjects to be doing.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
It's just as the others have said, you can get it but it's hard.

Make sure you gun general and IPT and you'll have a good chance ^^

Scinery

HSC
the reason some silly teachers say "theres no such thing as scaling" is because a "shit scaling" subject wont affect your atar at all if you can get 98-99 for that subject lol

so for subjects like general maths, you may be doing well in your class, but you actually have to be getting 95+ to avoid poor scaling in the HSC.

and do well in English Advanced, because that is where the money is at =]

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

My subjects are:

Cheers.
well you need to ensure you get about 3 band 6's in those subjects and the rest well 85+. If you get a band 6 in english thats a bonus.

and do well in English Advanced, because that is where the money is at =]

My point exactly!

youngminii

Banned
HSC
No man ==;;
You need to do well in your lower scaling subjects, and you can afford to drop a bit in higher scaling subjects. Eg if he got 95 in Phys/Chem/Adv but 80~ in the other subjects, then it wouldn't anywhere as good if he got 95 in IPT/General/Adv but 80~ in Phys/Chem

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)