Physics-how do you do it? (1 Viewer)

hul0

HSC
how do you get over 90 in the physics course (if you have)
like how many hours spent in revision because my teacher said 'NO ONE IN THIS CLASS WILL GET OVER 90 IN PHYSICS"
:\
i know puts us down but maybe its reverse psychology :idea:
anyway how do you guys do it

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I hardly did much physics at home unless it was in preparation for exams/assignment work. Past papers were my secret and i did make notes as part of group in the weeks leading up to the HSC.

And yes, your teacher was most likely using reverse psychology :)

hul0

HSC
I hardly did much physics at home unless it was in preparation for exams/assignment work. Past papers were my secret and i did make notes as part of group in the weeks leading up to the HSC.

And yes, your teacher was most likely using reverse psychology :)
lol thanx that really helped... i think i shud start with the past papers
:read: btw congratz on your atar an epic result !

Tofuu

HSC
'Business Studies didn't choose it i was forced to'

for me, business studies is one of the most boring subjects EVERRRR, and if you don't want it, you're in for hell,..well, unless you somehow found a passion for it

reverse psychology, LOL, well, its a possibility

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
My personal secret was knowing what my teacher was teaching the lesson before he taught it. The constant revision helped, and that way if my teacher said something completely wrong, I could say so! XD

I didn't have a very good teacher :S There were times where people like myself explained things to the rest of the class better than he did.

I got in the 90's btw =] Physics was my best result =]

HSC
Uni Grad
I went shithouse in physics but main thing really is to know your formulas and how to use each and every one of them inside out, back to front, upside down and any other way you can think of.

As for the memory/written content, class discussions and light reading will be enough really, just a few points on each thing and you're good cos it's mainly maths (or at least seemed like it to me).

hul0

HSC
My personal secret was knowing what my teacher was teaching the lesson before he taught it. The constant revision helped, and that way if my teacher said something completely wrong, I could say so! XD

I didn't have a very good teacher :S There were times where people like myself explained things to the rest of the class better than he did.

I got in the 90's btw =] Physics was my best result =]
superb result lol
same thing happens in my class at times the students can explain better than the teacher...

I went shithouse in physics but main thing really is to know your formulas and how to use each and every one of them inside out, back to front, upside down and any other way you can think of.

As for the memory/written content, class discussions and light reading will be enough really, just a few points on each thing and you're good cos it's mainly maths (or at least seemed like it to me).

formulas aye ...i make acronyms to remember them
like FAMA (f=ma) and VUAT (v=u+at) lol i know i need to make acronyms to remember even the most basic of them :uhoh:

naww... thanks i hope i don't have to drop the subject because i have something to prove to my pessimistic teacher :)

hul0

HSC
'Business Studies didn't choose it i was forced to'

for me, business studies is one of the most boring subjects EVERRRR, and if you don't want it, you're in for hell,..well, unless you somehow found a passion for it

reverse psychology, LOL, well, its a possibility
haha yup totally agree and business is an ugly subject had enough and its only been 3 wks :(

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Just study hard and you'll be fine. Physics was my worst subject, and I hated it, but I still got 90+

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
lol thanx that really helped... i think i shud start with the past papers
btw congratz on your atar an epic result !
Thankies :)

formulas aye ...i make acronyms to remember them
like FAMA (f=ma) and VUAT (v=u+at) lol i know i need to make acronyms to remember even the most basic of them :uhoh:

naww... thanks i hope i don't have to drop the subject because i have something to prove to my pessimistic teacher :)
Use the formula sheet and just remember which formulae are not on it - these ones you should know how to derive :)

ilikebeeef

HSC
how do you get over 90 in the physics course (if you have)
like how many hours spent in revision because my teacher said 'NO ONE IN THIS CLASS WILL GET OVER 90 IN PHYSICS"
:\
i know puts us down but maybe its reverse psychology :idea:
anyway how do you guys do it
I got 90+ for Physics for Prelims and what helped me remember the stuff the most was my own handwritten notes. I don't know how many hours spent on revision because I don't count them. Lol your teacher's making a sweeping assumption.

Practice would also be good for the calculation questions.

Use the formula sheet and just remember which formulae are not on it - these ones you should know how to derive :)
I wouldn't use the formula sheet. Knowing all of the formulas helps, as it is a waste of time looking through the formula sheet. Having to remember which formulas were on the sheet and which ones are not would be a drag --> why not just know them all so you don't have to worry about it! :)

Last edited:

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I must admit, I knew a lot of the formula's off by heart so I wouldn't have to search the formula sheet. I remember only having to refer to the sheet once or twice in the exam, and that was just to double check some of the projectile motion equations. This saved me heaps of time. I had about 45-50 minutes to check the paper XD.

Know all the basic ones off my heart, yes, but more importantly, be able to recognise which formula you have to use when you see the question. That way you can go straight to that part of the formula sheet rather than searching. Also, as Anna said, it is VITAL you know how to derive the formula's that aren't on the sheet.

MetroMattums

HSC
Physics is like a blend between really basic applied Maths and Chemistry's social implications (at a simpler level). Just know how to answer questions by doing lots of past papers. And get feedback on them. Don't just do them and leave them.

adriano_negr0

HSC
what I gather from physics is that u make notes and then understand these notes and then be able to apply them

hul0

HSC
hmmm thank you everyone for your advice
really helps with this subject !!!!!!!
:headbang:
so its all about knowing, understanding and applying as adriano_negr0 said

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)