Photographs (1 Viewer)

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
this has occurred to me recently in a kind of epiphany that photographs, no matter how annoying and silly they are now, will probably be the best thing in the future

People avoid photographs, some people simply dont take cameras, whatever the reason the reason is usually superfluous and superficial as these photographs give us memories of who we are at the time of taking, a quite literal snapshot of our lives, thus far

shows us our friends at the time, how we dressed, our overall demeanor,

the reason why im bringing this up is that i realise i have little to no photos of my life between yrs 7-10 and its only now that im realising that i really should take or get in photos

Does anyone take photos like regularly? And if youre in the same position/completely opposite, please give your views or just what you think in general

yups

HSC
this has occurred to me recently in a kind of epiphany that photographs, no matter how annoying and silly they are now, will probably be the best thing in the future

People avoid photographs, some people simply dont take cameras, whatever the reason the reason is usually superfluous and superficial as these photographs give us memories of who we are at the time of taking, a quite literal snapshot of our lives, thus far

shows us our friends at the time, how we dressed, our overall demeanor,

the reason why im bringing this up is that i realise i have little to no photos of my life between yrs 7-10 and its only now that im realising that i really should take or get in photos

Does anyone take photos like regularly? And if youre in the same position/completely opposite, please give your views or just what you think in general
strangely, i was at a party last night and was avoiding photos the whole night.. then when i got home, i had the same epiphany . i realised that although i'm not photogenic i should just try to take as many photos as possible from now, because these moments won't last forever...

pman

Banned
HSC
Nickelback said:
Look at this photograph,
Everytime I do it makes me laugh,
How did our eyes get so red,
What the hell is on joeys head
take photo's cas you won't always remeber what happened!

klaris

HSC
This is why I love photos. Not because I'm a poser or superficial or want to capture who good I look with all my friends. But, because I want to remember.

When I was about ten or eleven I began going through my parents old photos. From their teen years, their early twenties, wedding photos, candid photos, photos with old friends. It made me fall in love with taking photos, as many photos as possible.

I have hundreds of my friends and I. Just to remember.

Haha, I could probably make a little flip-book because our early teens have been so well-documented. :p

pman

Banned
HSC
This is why I love photos. Not because I'm a poser or superficial or want to capture who good I look with all my friends. But, because I want to remember.

When I was about ten or eleven I began going through my parents old photos. From their teen years, their early twenties, wedding photos, candid photos, photos with old friends. It made me fall in love with taking photos, as many photos as possible.

I have hundreds of my friends and I. Just to remember.

Haha, I could probably make a little flip-book because our early teens have been so well-documented. :p
why were you looking at candid photos of your parents?

klaris

HSC
why were you looking at candid photos of your parents?
LOL.

I was going through old boxes of stuff (because I was bored shitless and decided to snoop lol) and found a few boxes worth of photos.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I leave photo taking to my friends. There's always at least 2-3 cameras at every single outing. :p

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
I agree. When I'm 80 and my youth is a dim memory I'd love to have photographs as a physical reminder.

I try to take a camera with me whenever I go out. Also on special occasions I take hundreds if possible, e.g. holidays, family reunions, birthdays.

This year on our last high school camp, at Jindabyne, we found this wonderful hill and my friends and I spent almost every free afternoon taking photographs of and with each other. Sure, people called us vain/superficial/etc., but I don't know if I'll stay close with this people in the future, and when I do look back I'll have beautiful, high quality photos to reminisce over.

I also have thick childhood albums.

Seriously, I'm the most unphotogenic person ever. I used to hate photos but now I love them just for memory's sake.

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
mmm yeah sweet, thank god people have the same outlook

photographs of your parents are a good reminder too

and klaris, youre not alone, we've all been there lol :D

HSC
I leave photo taking to my friends. There's always at least 2-3 cameras at every single outing. :p
Omg, you're the cameraless bitch on outings :p
I hate it when my friends rely on me to take all the shots. I want to be in the photos too :(

To be honest, I'm not really photogenic at all, I always look worse in pictures than I do in real life. I like natural pics as well (caught laughing, talking) etc

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
Omg, you're the cameraless bitch on outings :p
I hate it when my friends rely on me to take all the shots. I want to be in the photos too :(

To be honest, I'm not really photogenic at all, I always look worse in pictures than I do in real life. I like natural pics as well (caught laughing, talking) etc

oh god, please dont tell me youre the one whos getting the photo taken like mid eating whilst looking at the camera and posing for natural photos are you?

and the 'bad' pics (we know the ones) should be good too guys, i mean, dont flaunt the fact that in this pic it looks like youre a pedophile on facebook, but the occasional shameful moment on your birthday or something is alright i think :)

HSC
oh god, please dont tell me youre the one whos getting the photo taken like mid eating whilst looking at the camera and posing for natural photos are you?
Haha, it wouldn't make it natural if I posed naturally

But I do take photos of everyone eating :D

klaris

HSC
i love looking at photos of my cousins and me when we were little. i used to be the cutest little kid...what happened lol.

i absolutely HATE photos of me from when i was 11. Total awkwardness. Yuuuuck.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Since I got my camera phone I've been taking heaps of photos as it's just so convenient. I love photos, specially when looking back over them later and remembering good times [saying that makes me feel old, haha].

I have literally no photos of/with my friends in primary school though, since I hated photos then. And that makes me kinda sad now D:

chaff

HSC
i love photos!! i have heaps of pics of me, mates, family and even pets.. i wanna be a photographer.. :D but dunno how good my work is.. but photos are definately important..!

gella

HSC
have brought a camera with me everywhere i go since year 7 or 8
photos are in the thousands

HSC
I take heaps of photos :D love photography, i love looking at photos, I print out alot photos and have them on my wall my "Wall of loved ones"

I have two cameras:
-Nikon D60 SLR
-Fujifilm Finepix Z3

both are amazing :D

Makro

Porcupine
HSC
At every familyish occasion, my brother has his $2k camera and takes lots of photos. It makes people look prettier than they are, I like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)