Phantom of the Opera (1 Viewer)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Oh and it annoyed me how they cut out the first falling of the chandelier! Behold she is singing to bring down the chandeleir!!! Dammit that part was awsome and its just gone :(

I think if they hadnt put some of the lyrics into dialogue it would have flowed alot better too

neuro_logik

HSC
Ok, after being dragged to see it by some friends, even though I havn't seen the theatre version I found the movie version interesting, the plot, casting and music were good but what striked me was the Phantom was sorta like an evil musical Batman that kills people and writes Opera. Overall good movie, makes me want to see the theatre version now.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
There was a Batman in the Masquerade sequence (a homage to one of Joel Schumacher's earlier movies), and a Zorro (a homage to Antonio Banderas, who was a favourite for the part of the Phantom in the movie).

persephone

HSC
i watched it last night. i thought it was a bit too long and some things were a bit drawn out. i loved the songs and had them in my head all night....i thought emmy rossum was showing a bit too much cleavage and leg. i didn't really get what happened in the end like with the grave scene and stuff. and the rose. wouldn't the phantom be dead because he is like heaps older than christine was and so wouldn't he be dead before christine at least. who is the book by and i think i have to see the stage version...it can only be better. i did like it....really i did

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Christine was supposed to have died at the age of about 65.

The original book is by Gaston Leroux (Le fantome de l'opera). It's very good, and places a greater emphasis on the Phantom being more of a father figure than a potential lover. It also elaborates a lot more on the history of the Phantom (Erik).

I bet I could play a great Phantom. Maybe if somebody stages a production, I might audition.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I'd never seen productions of it before, but I thought the movie was well done. It had one of the best opening scenes I'd ever seen, and Rossum was worth the $11.30.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
Just saw phantom of the opera last night.
loved it. great film. awesome photography, loved the music. singing was amazing, im so buying the sountrack :)
and Rossum was HAWT! :D daum! lol. great voice.... got a feeling she was lip sinking tho..?? what do u guys think?
either way. loved it :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Some of her parts needed to be resang, of course, but a lot of it came from the actual filming.

The only person who was dubbed was Carlotta (Minnie Driver), and in her case, only the singing.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
sorry i mean would a dude enjoy it
thats wat i was trying 2 ask :p :)

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's not as much a chick flick as it is a DATE flick. It's fucking awkward to walk into a cinema and be the only single person there.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
Jazz Man Tim said:
im a dude, phanatical is a dude (i think??) and we both enjoyed it, alot. better if your a student of music tho :)
i did music for the hsc, singing was my performance. didn't like it much

inasero

Reborn
HSC
the movie was okay, im sure i'd appreciate it more if i was a patron of the arts.
On another note, it's interesting that Phanatical mentioned none of the singing was dubbed. When I heard the song in the scene where Christine and Hugo are on the rooftop, I seriously thought that it was Sarah Brightman's version in the original 'Phantom'. I reckon that's pretty ironic given that Emmy Rossum is just a young actor.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I've listened to both the Original soundtrack (Sarah Brightman/Michael Crawford) and the Movie soundtrack (Emmy Rossum/Gerard Butler) to know the difference. Sarah Brightman never was that good, her success was pretty much the result of her marriage to Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)