People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

D

dragon

yeh exactly... like my priority is to get blind every saturday night haha

nah but i gotta stop... for yr 12... and athletics

swisstruffles

HSC
great advice ppl

Hey all,

this was a great thread to start up. I have heard of that dictaphone thing...but have no idea where to buy one, and how much it costs lol~
i reckon it would help heaps tho, the repetition would drum the info in and stuff.

the typing in notes on a regular basis i do already. i do it each weekend, when i have more time so hopefully........that will do the trick!

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by dragon
aussie people are usually the 'dumber' of the races simply becos they are lazy!

the smart asians and indians strongly put in to their education. And in addition alot of pressure from thier parents.
Education is everything to them...

if the aussie lifestyle was similar to their's, we would easily have the same ability as them.
yes, on the ordinary school level asians usually do well because they can work for their mark.

just an interesting thing: i found that once you look at the people at the absolute top in the state, nation, etc. you'd find that there's actually a normal balance between asians and skips. What I mean by normal is around 20-40% asians...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
true

eg, the guy that topped the state in 3U maths was white - beat every single asian in a traditionally asian/curry dominated subject

spice girl

magic mirror
just a note - the top 3u guy was practically the best result in the 3u paper out of all the people who didn't do 4u as well. so like bout a dozen 4u ppl beat that guy in 3u but weren't eligible for it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by spice girl
just a note - the top 3u guy was practically the best result in the 3u paper out of all the people who didn't do 4u as well. so like bout a dozen 4u ppl beat that guy in 3u but weren't eligible for it.
why not?
thats a bit rorted then..
cos u see the names of ppl that were in the top 10 for both 3U and 4U

spice girl

magic mirror
well that's wot i heard from the guy who used to write the 4u papers (unless my memory's goin bonkers again)

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
i think the 3u guy did 4u as well so i think he beat everybody in 3u fair and square unless BOS wanted a skip 2 come first instead of the usual asian/curry.

jomingara

would anyone who got band 6 in any subject be willing to put up their school assesment marks? this would be a good guide ( to me at least)

cheers

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by Rahul
its a very common stereotype.

u will be smart if ur asian, i know heaps of asians that are dumb. it seems that the really smart ones are who everyone sees and then the rest are presumed smart.

that is all crap coz at my school many jocks are amongst the smartest and the vast majority of asians are not so smart (sorry guys:D )
its true, i know a lot of asians that are definately not smart. i wouldnt go as far as saying dumb coz some are my friends. if asians are smart its because they use the brains they have and enhance them by studying their arses off.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by jomingara
would anyone who got band 6 in any subject be willing to put up their school assesment marks? this would be a good guide ( to me at least)

cheers
Economics - 91

Exam Mark: 91
Moderated Assessment Mark: 90

Raw Assessment Marks:
Term 4 2001 - 18/20 (15%)
Term 1 2002 - 17/20 (15%)
Half yearly - 48/60 (25%)
Term 2 - 17/20 (15%)
Trials - 83/100 (30%)
Overall Average raw mark: 83.9%

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by jomingara

cheers
general maths - 93

Exam Mark: 93
Moderated Assessment Mark: 93

i think my raw mark was about 87 from memory

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MinAi

Economics - 91

Exam Mark: 91
Moderated Assessment Mark: 90

Raw Assessment Marks:
Term 4 2001 - 18/20 (15%)
Term 1 2002 - 17/20 (15%)
Half yearly - 48/60 (25%)
Term 2 - 17/20 (15%)
Trials - 83/100 (30%)
Overall Average raw mark: 83.9%
manlys marks must reeealy be scaled, I wonder if the other selectives are scaled as much....

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pri
manlys marks must reeealy be scaled, I wonder if the other selectives are scaled as much....
It just depends on what everyone else achieved in your school ... and in the exam!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by pri

As flyin' said, schools marks dont get scaled in the way u think. It all depends on how ppl in ur school do in the HSC Exam - BOS and UAC dont take into account raw assessment marks - only ranks. Remember, the highest HSC exam mark in the school becomes the assessment mark of the person ranked 1st, so everything depends on the final exam.

Eg. all year, Person X can get like 30% in their assessments, and be say, ranked 1st, but in the HSC exam, they somehow get 98 cos they study their ass off. Therfore their Assessment mark would be 98, exam mark 98, and HSC mark 98.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
Originally posted by pri
it is very relative to the difficulty of the school assessments.

Originally posted by MinAi
Eg. all year, Person X can get like 30% in their assessments, and be say, ranked 1st, but in the HSC exam, they somehow get 98 cos they study their ass off. Therfore their Assessment mark would be 98, exam mark 98, and HSC mark 98.
this can also work the other way, that the school gave easy assessments, so then the raw mark drops dramatically also.

manly may just set hard assessments

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tammer
manly may just set hard assessments
Not just Manly. I mean I only managed to pass most of my Physics assessments and still managed band-5! :rofl:

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
yeah it was an example. my school sets hard assessments too

i failed ALL my bio assessments by quite a bit (like not just 45 and stuf) and still ended up with 66. (dont know how tho)

i think its better to have hard ones than easy ones

pri

HSC
N/A
My schools assessments are kinda hard, but I think they have started to make them easier

when u ppl say hard does that mean when every1 screws em up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)