People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
My brother did the HSC last year and got a UAI of 96. He started studying before the trials and didn't stop until after the HSC - had about a week or two break in all that.

I have no idea how I'm going to do that!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
had he studied at all before that?? did he only start studying a few weeks b4 the trials?

Rahul

Dead Member
hehe thats what i will be doing, i got one part, i havent studied till the trails, the next bit abt studying till the hsc seems a bit harder :mad1:

RIZAL

HSC
A little bit of inspiration for class of '03..

Yeah I only started studying after trials but I didn't stop until after the HSC. To show you what can be done check this:

Economics - Assesment mark 87, Exam 93. HSC 90
Legal - Assesment 84, Exam 94. HSC 89
English Adv - 80, 89. HSC 84
Math Ext 2 - 91, 91. HSC 91
Math Ext 1 - 93, 93. HSC 93

I ended up with a uai of 97.5.

All you gotta do is study about 8 hours a day from now until the damn thing is over and you will get a decent-ish UAI. So yeah, even if you have bludged all year, something can still be done!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
hmm ok but u would have had 2 get decent marksin all ur other assessments including ur trials to get the school mark u did neway

hongkey

HSC
im topping art
i just want 2 say
all u have 2 do is bull crap ur way through and pretend u realli have a point of view

it works!

hk31

HSC
Originally posted by Minai
Economics - 91

Exam Mark: 91
Moderated Assessment Mark: 90

Raw Assessment Marks:
Term 4 2001 - 18/20 (15%)
Term 1 2002 - 17/20 (15%)
Half yearly - 48/60 (25%)
Term 2 - 17/20 (15%)
Trials - 83/100 (30%)
Overall Average raw mark: 83.9%
Hmmm....atm...ive just finished my trials (worth 30% of school assessments...but i havent got my results back.
But, my average for economics for now is 78...not good! (prolly just above avg in my school)

but say if i ended up with 78 for my school mark....is it possible for my overall mark to go up into the 80s? I'm only aiming for the 80s...cos only 1 unit of it will count towards my UAI

so...what Exam mark should i try to achieve?
thx

cam-ee

I did pathways and i know that the best way to get good marks is to lay the foundations in yr 11. It's not to do with how much you study, it's what subjects you do. Do the extension subjects! They'll drag your mark up more than you can imagine.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by cam-ee
I did pathways and i know that the best way to get good marks is to lay the foundations in yr 11. It's not to do with how much you study, it's what subjects you do. Do the extension subjects! They'll drag your mark up more than you can imagine.
do tell them that in the yr 11 forum!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i'm only in year twelve now, and i have *just* started writing out all the answers to my Chemistry dot points..i tell ya in about 3 days I have learnt more than I have in the 18 months or so..just remember that they can only ask what the syllabus specifies, if its not in there they cant ask it, so if you know your syllabus and all the answers to it, then you will do well. also, make sure you know all the terms like 'justify' and 'explain' and all the others, apparently people lose HUGE marks by not knowing them, because they can't answer the question properly.

mong_suse

Re: A little bit of inspiration for class of '03..

Originally posted by Isaaq

All you gotta do is study about 8 hours a day from now until the damn thing is over and you will get a decent-ish UAI. So yeah, even if you have bludged all year, something can still be done!

can this really be done? i have learnt nothing this year, mainly cuz lack of motivation, but i think im starting to worry, since i have sat in the english and maths trials wondering how to do 99% of the actual paper. i think i might be screwed, but Issaq, you suprise me and now im actually kinda thinking i could do soemthing about it.

krissy7685

70's and 60's are very avergae marks...
so are high 70's... unless u get in the 80's and 90's your uai wont be as good as u want it to be,,

my boyfriend got high 70s and low 80's ad his uai was only 62;..
shows u how shit the system is

Benno

HSC
Any tips on how to study in the 6 weeks between trails and HSC???

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by krissy7685
70's and 60's are very avergae marks...
so are high 70's... unless u get in the 80's and 90's your uai wont be as good as u want it to be,,

my boyfriend got high 70s and low 80's ad his uai was only 62;..
shows u how shit the system is
but what were his subjects?
Originally posted by toisthbe
oh crap oh damn, oh crap..
oh crap..again, did i say crap!? crap!
post in the main forum as well if u want, coz not many people come to this thread

crazylilmonkee

HSC
I got 97% in 3U maths once.. I call it lucky cos everything I studied was in the exam.. I spose all I can say is.. do heaps and heaps and heaps of questions from past papers and I recommend Fitzpatrick! Apparently its more advanced than the textbook I use at school... and understand what you're studying and relate it to everything around you.. thats what I do for bio.. hope it helps.. and thanks to other people's tips! :D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by crazylilmonkee
I got 97% in 3U maths once.. I call it lucky cos everything I studied was in the exam.. I spose all I can say is.. do heaps and heaps and heaps of questions from past papers and I recommend Fitzpatrick! Apparently its more advanced than the textbook I use at school... and understand what you're studying and relate it to everything around you.. thats what I do for bio.. hope it helps.. and thanks to other people's tips! :D
excellent mark!
what text do u use at school?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)