People who got >90 in subjects: how did you study? (1 Viewer)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by pri
My schools assessments are kinda hard, but I think they have started to make them easier
maybe ur just getting smarter? :p

but in the end it doesnt matter
hard or not hard - just do ur utter best in assessments to gain urself the best rank that u possibly can

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Slice of heaven
My uai may not seem too impressive to many( 99.05)
hey, congrats!! its an excellent uai & u deserved it! dnt stress urself out like that again, n i'll remember 2 try n not stress myself out so much!

yeahyeahyeahs

just a question-- say how many people outta the 20 000 people or so who do the HSC get over 95UAI and how many over 99?

Twintip

99+ I think is about 850, 95+ would be about 4400?

Based on what I think happened last year, 44 people getting each 0.05 increment and 22 people getting 100. :confused:

I think the number of people doing the HSC is closer to 60,000 than 20,000 too. :)

Last edited:

yeahyeahyeahs

Originally posted by Twintip
99+ I think is about 850, 95+ would be about 4400?

Based on what I think happened last year, 44 people getting each 0.05 increment and 22 people getting 100. :confused:

I think the number of people doing the HSC is closer to 60,000 than 20,000 too. :)
:jaw: bloody hell the odds are against me!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by yeahyeahyeahs
:jaw: bloody hell the odds are against me!
Look at is this way ... someone has to take those place ... Why not you?!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Twintip
Can anyone verify those figures? They were just educated guesses. :)
I think they are right ... Or they are 21 with 100 and 42 per 0.05 down! :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by flyin'

I think they are right ... Or they are 21 with 100 and 42 per 0.05 down! :)
Yeah I recall 22 with 100, 44 with 99.95

The University of New South Wales is again the top choice for the State's highest achievers in the 2002 Higher School Certificate. In an increasingly competitive environment among the State's 11 universities, UNSW has attracted the greatest number of students in the top 1 per cent band of the UAI. Close to 45 per cent of students with this result (380 out of a total of 850) chose UNSW as their first preference. The most popular degree programs are medicine, law and commerce.

In addition, UNSW attracted the highest number of students with a UAI score of 100, with half of this group choosing to study here.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
hmmmm... iwonder if i could get into the top 850... and pray what are the stats for BOS hehe:D

krissy7685

Guys i be honest in saying that study dueing the year

but the nite before the exam get a good nites sleep.. get up early.. im talking if ur exam starts at say 9:00pm be up at 6pm... get someone to take u to school or whatever... but quickly revise through ur notes after uve had breaky.. breakfast is really important..

but that morning study helps and a bit of chat wiht u friends too cos u learn things by talking more than u do by listening

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by countess_kalina
I didn't get above 90 but my marks were almost identical (All in between 80-86), so I can reccommend a method of studying which will let you study evenly.

I made my notes, typed them up, then recorded them onto tape using a dictaphone, then listened to them over and over and over - anywhere I went, my walkman went with me. Listened to it while walking, listened to it as I was falling asleep at night.

Also, use a rewards system, you don't want to torture yourself. Personally I love listening to music, so start by using that as a reward if you're listening to your notes. Once you've listened to your notes for 2 hours, allow yourself a CD.

My notes are on my homepage, go there if you need to torture yourself with what you're going to get over the next few months. (That to the new students, hi to everyone in "year 12" at Brigidine St Ives and Roseville College - especially Emma and Dom and Meera)
Hi,
I use the tape approach too :)

At the moment, I am starting to put notes on my homepage (afterall I've spent too much time online! hehe)
:D

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
Originally posted by Isaac Reyes
well I didn't get in the top band for legal but I did get 94 in the exam: learn each bullet point from the syllabus inside and out.
Economics (93 in the exam) and 90 overall: same thing, helps to learn what the graphs mean and how they work. Learn current stats and past stats. E.g. Budget outcomes for last 10 years, CAD for last 10 years, relationship between growth and just about everything.........arghhhh i'm blahhing.

maths: practice.....I'm angry about the way 4u was scaled this year....it scaled moderately better than legal and eco which any idiot can learn.
For my half yearly, I learnt all the dot points for physics, I didn't do too well, always losing one mark or another for a question. I thought it was adequate :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by sugaryblue

For my half yearly, I learnt all the dot points for physics, I didn't do too well, always losing one mark or another for a question. I thought it was adequate :(
make sure u find out wat u didnt write right (mayb not enuf info) and add it 2 ur notes 4 next time! it's all a learning process!

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
make sure u find out wat u didnt write right (mayb not enuf info) and add it 2 ur notes 4 next time! it's all a learning process!
how do you know if you've written enough? I mean, for some dot points it's obvious (like, identify...) but for others I'm not so sure about. I was thinking I should just write as much as possible, but then I realised I'd never remember it all :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)