penrith fun (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
i agree with natstar.
i am based at campbelltown this year and ummm there inst anything there is a good way to put it.

travel up to penrith plaza is alrite, or go to mt druitt westfields or summat.

uws has bars and suff and trivia, sport comps and gym if thats what you like.

if you go to b'town, there is lke a swimming pool , a bit of envy there for some of us.

My bet is to look at fun somewhere else?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Penrith has panthers leagues, aqua golf, heaps of night clubs, hoyts cinema's (large n very cool), the plaza is good for shopping, if you're into cars heaps of car groups go out to krispy kreme's for some reason, heaps of places to play pool, lots of bars n such...

I dunno about the actual uws campus but the suburb isn't that bad...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
kingswood is shit & a pretty violent place....
but it's just 5 minutes away from the main centre of penrith, i believe 3-4 different roads.

klh

HSC
violent? really? ive never seen any except for this one time at an asian fast food outlet...
damn punk kids bullying shopkeeps...

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
i moved from the northern beaches to penrith like beginning of 2003 and i was asking mysefl the same thing 'wat the hell is in penrith' u know.. i was like so totally relunctant to move and i hated penrith... but i put up with it, i still hate it but there are worser places, i.e. bathurst... so i cant complain...plus i can always go 2 parra or the city every so often so im not totally restricted to the small 'plaza' they have here.

But u can still have fun, juz becuz it doesnt have a beach... wat else is missing? lol there's a river.... ?

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
natstar said:
Yeah th eonly reason I hat eliving out west is becasue there no beaches nearby. Im so used to have a beach within 10 mins drive from me....arrgg its gay lol. Oh well there are pools and a river...
Penrith Plaza aint that small. It has pretty decent shops, movies, food court etc

not small??? have u been to any other shopping centre? like warringah mall or parramatta or burwood or even chatzwood? cmon this penrith plaza is a joke... fair enough u got 'some' decent shops and yeh the movies and food but doesnt every other shopping centre? this plaza juz doesnt have enough shops.. i think i'd prolly go in about 10 stores if not less out of however many there are, i can go round the plaza 10 times within 2 hrs and go in and out of every store.. in any normal shopping complex u could spend a whole day doing one round of the place, so dont try and sell penrith plaza as being a good shopping place. If it were so decent why would they build extensions.. 2 make it better yeh? obviously wasn't good enough as it currently is ryt?

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
penrith has better cinema's than parra.
They are building extentions because we need new shops.... they haven't yet attained the shopping perfection of paramatta :rolleyes:

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
natstar said:
calm...
Yeah ive been to parra and warringah..and i admit that penrith is small compared.
I only said it wasent that small dont get ur knickers in a knot. Im not trying to sell it off as being good. I like it tho, its close and it has the shops I like...so yeah. Anyway im not from Sydney so a shopping centre like Penrith is fucken good compared to the shit we have back home....I only said it wasent that small....jeez.
If its not up to ur standard go somewhere else.

Whats up with the new generation of posters on this forum...why is everyone so insecure.

i do go else where, as if i'd be seen walking at 'penrith plaza'.. u westies always seem to wana argue bout nothing, i wasnt 'getting my knickers in a knot' but obviously u wouldnt take it n e other way and imediately assumed i was firing up.. i was juz merely saying my point of view. deal with it.

woa.. penrith has an alryt cinema.. ? 'okay' :eek:

-=[ think outside the square u live in ]=-

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
natstar said:
um we wernt arguing in the first place. I made a point that Penrith Plaza was not THAT small. There is smaller shopping centers. What about Nepean Sqaure. Even Blacktown's Westpoint and the moment is smaller than Penrith Plaza. You talk about you stating ur point of view. Thats what I was doing. Penrith Plaza is a hell of alot bigger than what im used too, and btw..im not a Westie. Lets be a bit more mature than say "As if I would walk around penrith plaza" its a shopping centre for fucks sake.

Okay natstar.... "dont get ur knickers in a knot" lol.
Sif i'd wana be mature?
If ur not a westie then wot r ya? a husie?
Watever... i really dont care

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Pfft as if you'd shop in australia, i import my meat from western europe like civilized people do.

Yeh, i get some stuff imported from paris and rome and uk toooo, but not meat?

cowsushi

HSC
N/A
well you can all quit knickers knotting and b thankful u dont live in the southern highlands... i think today (bein several days b4 summer) we are currently having a nice temp. of 9 degrees. we also can entertain ourselves with stopsigns, roundabouts and retirement homes, its officially the least multicultral region in Aust. If ur feeling like really going out and havin some fun, u can grab a devonshire breakfast.

Living in God's waiting room really is increadibly enthralling....

ThePix

mibiony said:
.. u westies always seem to wana argue bout nothing, i wasnt 'getting my knickers in a knot' but obviously u wouldnt take it n e other way and imediately assumed i was firing up.. i was juz merely saying my point of view. deal with it.

-=[ think outside the square u live in ]=-
lol u should be able to tell that Natstar isnt actually from the west, (im from colyton, its not as good as st clair, but not as shit as st marys LOL)

If Natstar was REALLY from the west, she wouldnt argue with you, wouldnt a westie take your fone, rape your loved ones and steal your shoes becoz they actually have a brand not just Payless homebrand stylehehe:)

lol what always baffles me is that they are walking along on the train, they ask for a dollar, but they always want more than that :mad:

GTR

HSC
UWS "Penrith" Campus really has nothing to it. There is one bar, a small gym and thats about it. Kingwood Campus is more populated than Werrington South because the buildings are denser and it has been more throughly developed. It also has a fair few trees when compared to Werrington, which is like a wasteland with fields of grass and asphalt.

The actual suburb of Kingswood is an absolute shitter. You have a community housing estate right behind the train station. This is of course, where all the dregs of society live, and it shows with all the police call outs they have out there. The only attraction Kingswood has is Chickenman, which is right across the station. They actually make some decent stuff at a reasonable price. Its a shame that half the time, try hard gangsters and Bogan's hang out there attempting to look cool.

It is fair to say that any suburb past Blacktown station is a shithole. Mt Druitt speaks for itself. Visiting Mt Druitt station is one hell of an experience, with drunk Aboriginal's and other undesirable elements disturbing the public space. The same goes for Kingswood station to a lesser extent, but it is usually best to stay away from these stations after 9pm unless you are accompanied by other people.

klh

HSC
Penrith isnt that bad...sure its got its good and bad points. I might be biased since i live at Cabramatta and there are alot of stuff going on in the past, so i've developed a kind of immunity?
Kingswood is more desne becasue more courses are held there and thus more students, while werrington is for arts and stuff. WE also have, albeir crappy, video games upstairs in the cafeteria and also a cafe. The best thing about kingswood is thet they have a tv in the foyer part and also in the bar.
GTR, dont be a "Brogden" and complain, the only reason i hate penrith is the weather and the distance from my house. People arent bad there, as a matter of fact, people are more polite and well-behaved than what im used to.

GTR

HSC
KLH, it seems that you are the one complaining. You state that Penrith people seem to be more polite than what you are used to. This can be taken to mean that you are complaining about the lack of politeness in Cabramatta, the suburb you claim to live in.

Nobody is complaining about Penrith or any of its neighbouring suburbs. I am just saying that they are all toilets, and seem to be devoid of any meaningful life like trees and other vegetation. I never singled out any residents of these "toilets" and claimed that they are rude or uncivilised. I was merely citing the suburbs, not the residents (except for the undesirable elements, which i listed earlier).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)