penrith fun (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
GTR said:
KLH, it seems that you are the one complaining. You state that Penrith people seem to be more polite than what you are used to. This can be taken to mean that you are complaining about the lack of politeness in Cabramatta, the suburb you claim to live in.

Nobody is complaining about Penrith or any of its neighbouring suburbs. I am just saying that they are all toilets, and seem to be devoid of any meaningful life like trees and other vegetation. I never singled out any residents of these "toilets" and claimed that they are rude or uncivilised. I was merely citing the suburbs, not the residents (except for the undesirable elements, which i listed earlier).
True and true GTR. I am a complainer and i do feel cabramatta is different to what penrith is. But i mean 2 places cant feel the same.
But calling penrith a toilet??? It is a good place for a peaceful relaxing holiday place to me. ALthough i am into more action and fun things because of my age group and preferences, i still wouldnt call penrith that just because it has a lack of life. I don tlike cabramatta in some parts but i like other parts of it.

GTR

HSC
I stand by my conviction. Penrith and the suburbs surrounding it are toilets.
A testimony to this claim of mine is no better illustrated than by property prices and demand. Technically, nobody chooses to live out in a featureless shithole like Kingswood or Werrington... or Penrith, but capitalist forces have limited individual choices. Many people are basically forced to live in these slums because they have no choice, or in other words, financially incapable of making a better choice.

Sure if you start a census on the street, you will have at least a few people who claim to "like" or even "love" Penrith. These people are blatant liars. They know that they are pretty much stuck there for the rest of their lives, so they deceive themselves and start being selective in relation to their true beliefs. Either this or they have not seen the better suburbs out there.

I have many friends who live in Penrith and a couple who live in Mt Druitt, and ALL of them want nothing to do with these shitholes after they graduate. Many of these people aspire to move to the Central Coast or the Northern Beaches. None of them want to stay out in the West because it has NOTHING going for it, despite almost half of Sydney's population being based in the Western suburbs... And whilst being on the topic of population statistics, the development of places like Mt Druitt, St Mary's e.t.c. is very slow paced, or maybe even non existent. This acts as another indication that nobody gives a shit about the inner west. Even the government doesn't want to know about it.

And then you can look at the state of UWS. Johnny Howard has basically sacrificed this university, even though it caters for the most diverse range of students (many based in Western Sydney). Funding and course cuts have been in place to cut government expenditure. UWS has been subjected to the most cuts out of any university. What does this tell you people? The answer is simple. I will let you come to your own conclusions because it would not take a sociologist to work out the answer.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
You're fuckn stupid, penrith and its suburbs are fine...
Housing prices are high, average house price in werrington is around 500,000 u dumb shit :rolleyes:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The house we're building in mulgoa, the land costs 500,000 and the house we're building + landscaping is costing 2 million.... people near us are selling their land for 1.4 million (like 40 acres)..

To claim that penrith is a hole and cheap shows that u don't know shit about the area.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Penrith is expanding it's plaza to become almost 2x the size it currently is, there is soon to be an upgrade of penrith station, we're getting a bungy jumping place at panthers....

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It gets... violent late at night, like any place... but it's definately great... better than parra or sydney i reckon lol

Cept they got rid of the turbo rides!

klh

HSC
i think GTR is testing or practising his communication skills since he is doing combined laws.
His negotiation and persuasion and trying to form his opinion etc. onto us.
he can go suck a lemon for all i care, talking about penrith like that...

GTR

HSC
Trust me... I get plenty of opportunities to practise my communication and advocacy skills through the duration of my course.

Property prices are "high" in Werrington and its surrounding suburbs when you look at them alone. When you compare them to the likes of Winston Hills, Toongabbie, Northmead e.t.c., the prices in Werrington et al. suddenly appear to be a bargain.
So essentially you have to look at the market in relation to other suburbs nearby. A typical four bedroom family home in say, Minchinbury is around the $460,000 mark. This figure can only get you a mid-size three bedroom home in the suburbs listed above.

people near us are selling their land for 1.4 million (like 40 acres)..
Forty acres? You sure its not four? Hypothetically lets just say its four acres. Big piece of land, amazing price... Until you compare it to say Bella Vista Waters. 800sqm block with an ordinary four bedroom house has a reserve price of $1.2 million. This makes Penrith CHEAP compared to the more affluent places down in the North West.

Also i have to admit that i don't know the precise bearings of some suburbs around Penrith and Werrington. Its not like i need to know its precise direction anyway. Just as long as it belongs within that group, its position within the hierarchy of suburbs can be determined with relative ease.

I don't want to become uncivilised and turn this into a swear fest as many of you people have already. If you are happy living in Penrith then its all that matters. However if really fazes me why some of you people get so passionate about my comments. Really... If you people are happy to be in Penrith and its surrounding areas, then you can simply ignore my comments. It seems that i have brushed upon the sensitive side of things. For this, i apologise.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Your comments were rude and showed ignorance...

The owner of the ford dealerships in australia... can't remember his name... lives out at mulgoa, near penrith.
You really shouldn't make a generalisation... or even a false one, by your standard that would mean all of adelaide is a slum.

Let me just make a point... our place, the land we paid $500,000 for... that was like 2 years ago so it's probably gone up a fair bit especially now that there's sewer...
We're building a home that landscaping+house along costs 2 million.... so that's a home of at least 2 and a half million, that's enough to get a decent place in sydney... there are others who have paid even more around our area.

Last edited:

GTR

HSC
Showed ignorance? Maybe you should elaborate upon the "ignorant" parts and educate me, since you are so knowledgeable.

And Ford dealerships are essentially a franchise. There is no one sole owner. Almost every dealership is independently operated. :rolleyes:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea, but he owns sinclair ford... which is a pretty large grouping of ford dealerships.
This is just like the whole uws thing lol people honestly can't believe that some people don't wanna live/go to school in the traffic filled bs city.

Last edited:

GTR

HSC
I thought Sinclair Ford was only "one" dealership and not a "group" of dealerships?
Please correct me if i am wrong...

Many people don't like the City and its congestion of people and traffic. I guess this is the price to pay if you want to go to a reputable university. Prestige counts for a large proportion of your overall "image" in an employment consideration process.
I initially made it into Macquarie to do a combined degree, but they did not have a Social Science Criminology component on offer, so UWS was the way to go.

GTR

HSC
You stated it yourself, Natstar...
These forums are about uni advice
What has the topic, "Penrith Fun" got to do with "uni advice"?

Generator

HSC
N/A
Every suburb has its failings, and I doubt that the suburbs surrounding Penrith are the 'toilets' that you believe them to be.

GTR said:
What has the topic, "Penrith Fun" got to do with "uni advice"?
Grow up and read the first post (but then I guess that you are just trying to continue what is a pointless argument and already know how relevant the question truly is, especially when you have answered it (in a way) yourself).

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
of course there are large areas around penrith that are full of people in housing commission homes... which are usually kept dirty... but to judge penrith and the surrounding areas by them is a joke.

GTR

HSC
if u were studying at penrith, wot would you do for fun??
There is nowhere in the first post that mentions "UWS".

Furthermore, property prices do play a large role in determing a students unversity preferences. Afterall, not every student is unlucky enough to have actually lived in Penrith or any of its neighbouring suburbs. This means that some students need to rent a property for the duration of their studies, so they don't spend hours travelling to attend a two hour seminar. The first thing that the average student looks at is the outgoing renting price of a particular property he/she fancies. The renting price is determined by the purchase price of the property. If a student finds that the renting price is too high, or that the social side of things does not suit them, they may strike UWS out of their preference list.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Penrith has heaps of stuff to do

Urrh some of my friends live in penrith and this is the stuff that i've done at penrith

1. Penrith Panthers at night
2. Krispy Kreme
3. Maccas
4. Acqua Golf! 6 bucks for a bucket of balls! :p
5. Pool Hall
6. Bowling
7. Movies (their movies are pretty good, better than blacktown, parramatta and mt druit
8. Ice skating
9. Chillis lol

hrrmm what else have i done there...
oohh yeahh

10. Nepean River (i think thats what it's called), there's a lota pubs and stuff around
11. Swimming
12. Gym

To those who bag out penrith... lol u seriously need to get out there and explore... penrith isn't as bad as you think. Go join a club/gym or sports team and you'll have more fun....

People who can't find stuff to do at a fairly industrialised place like penrith are pretty sad if u ask me

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
krispy kreme yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)