Pen spinning? (1 Viewer)

daryl-d

HSC
I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty much a chronic pen spinner. I've been doing it ever since Year 9 or so. From pencils to highlighters to rulers, I'll twirl stuff around. Is this bad? Does anyone else have the same problem?

that would be me

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I could never do any pen tricks. Still can't.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I learnt a few tricks here and there. I stopped trying though after a while; I was more interested in contact juggling (the crystal ball rolling that was in Labyrinth, for those who don't know).

evil_kitten

HSC
i picked it up subconsciously, and now i spend 70-90% of the time i'm holding a pen, pencil, highlighter etc spinning it.
i really wish i could stop D:

q3thefish

HSC
The fact that pen spinning competitions even exist is just amazing. I wonder how big the prize pools are.
1st prize: Ultimate pen spinner 2009 with pen cleaning products.

2nd prize: ProX Penholder deluxe.

3rd prize: a pen.

jeez bro keep up to date

Winn

HSC
><I've always found pen spinning fascinating. How exactly do you do it? SOMEONE TEACH ME????:cry:

Finx

HSC
><I've always found pen spinning fascinating. How exactly do you do it? SOMEONE TEACH ME????:cry:
There are several tutorials on Youtube, but you won't be able to learn them straight away. The trick is to know how to control your hand, which can take weeks or months to master.

addikaye03

The A-Team
HSC
I never figured out how people do it, there used to be this chick in my legal studies class who would spin it on her thumb completely unconsciously while daydreaming/staring out the window etc, very cool i would always try and copy what she was doing but i could never get it. But i do chew my pens like nothing else, its actually quite embarrassing, i've had people ask me why i always have my pen in my mouth and i don't even realise im doing it...
Haha yer i used to just unconsciously spin my pen in class, people would just be looking at me and i didn't realise why then later i would haha I can't help it now, whenever i got a pen in my hand and thinking or not using it i spin it lol
I can do all the basics perfectly, around the thumb, rotor, rolling it through my fingers etc, just not the really hard stuff. I used to see people trying to copy me in class and i would lol.

Lukybear

HSC
In my year, theres these people who would import pens from korea/japan and modify them so that it is more good looking/spinnable. This is their hobby.

stevemasters

HSC
I found that when i started spinning my pen(in boredom) during class, i ended up holding information better particularly teachers lectures. because when i spin it in tests and exams it jolts my memory. it must be like relation learning or something

to conclude---------> pen spinning = awesome :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)