pay (1 Viewer)

psycho_mushy

HSC
yeah but how about working at office works? I love that place! not alot of customers and yet there's not alot of pressure! hehehehe..... its an arm of the coles-myer so it would be around the price they pay for employess of coles....

but then again... its all stationary and I love stationery!

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i'm 18, i work at a restaurant on weekend nights and a kitchen most days of the week/weekend

i get about 13 bucks an hour at the restaurant
and at the kitchen i get 12.90/hour + 10% casual loading + uniform/laundry allowance. weekends i get 25/hour but.

dezzy

HSC
im 17, work at Pizza Haven and get $9.64 cash in hand- NO TAX!!!
its pretty lame-o wage, but it pays the bills...lol....barely!!

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Wow Pizza Haven pays cash in hand?? I didn't think a recognised chain like them would pay cash in hand...man when I was 17 I only got $8.50 cash in hand, so your wage is pretty good!

Fry

Originally posted by chip
sales type person at DYmocks for $13 bucks an hour

i think there is a thread a while ago made by me in the non-school section where heaps of people wrote where they worked and how much they got paid
it might be called part time jobs
wow, how'd you get that job?? ive always wanted to work in a bookstore but i thought they only hire oldies.

JimBob

HSC
N/A
16, Bunnings Warehouse, $8.70/hr, $13 something on sunday.

I gots to get me a well-paying job.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
^ $8.70 for a 16 yr old is not crappy pay, I guess you could do better but I would be happy with that if I were in your situation

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i get $7 an hour i'm 18. i work in a discount store. all my life i had a shitty pay. is it will be allways like that?

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i dont have woolies around my place only coles, yeah i will try there. i have 4 years of work experience like serving customers, register and still get the shit pay.

kalli

HSC
I think i have the shittest job of the lot.

i work casual at Big W and i have to call at about 4:30pm every afternoon to see if i am working that night from 7-10pm. sometimes i dont know if im working until 6:30.

i do really hard work (and work back late) and get only $10 an hour.

if i turn down work for one night (i did it on my 18th birthday) i dont get shifts for at least a WEEK!!!

argh!!!!

p.s. sometimes i dont get paid for staying back either... :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by kalli
I think i have the shittest job of the lot.

i work casual at Big W and i have to call at about 4:30pm every afternoon to see if i am working that night from 7-10pm. sometimes i dont know if im working until 6:30.

i do really hard work (and work back late) and get only $10 an hour.

if i turn down work for one night (i did it on my 18th birthday) i dont get shifts for at least a WEEK!!!

argh!!!!

p.s. sometimes i dont get paid for staying back either... :(
look for another job, that's bs

kalli

HSC
i wish i could get another job... where i live, we have the 2nd highest unemployment rate in NSW....

im moving to melbourne for uni the end of dec anyway.... :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh ok, otherwise i would say to start looking while you still have your current job, then quit

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i recieved letter from big w " you are not suitable for our store other applicants are much better" i have like 4 years of experience of work, i'm actually glad that they regected my aplication form what i read above.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by piccaninny
i recieved letter from big w " you are not suitable for our store other applicants are much better"
:confused: they said that? or you rephrased

Generator

HSC
N/A
Most of you seem to expect much more than you deserve... You are only young part time or casual workers in the service industry, so I can't see why you are all expecting great wages.

Edit: I'm at coles, working in a set casual position, and I really can't complain about my pay rate.

Last edited:

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
i work as a casual lifeguard at the local aquatic centre. i get $17.05 and hour which is awesome pay for around here...but it doesnt go up when i turn 18..all the lifeguards get the same pay whether they are 16 or like 40..so..its pretty cool

ak47

HSC
babygoose im a casual lifeguard too, and swim teacher, im 18 and get 18.23 for teaching, and 18.85 for lifeguarding. lifeguarding is like the easiest job, i stand there doin absolutely nothin. recommended to anyone.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
Originally posted by ak47
babygoose im a casual lifeguard too, and swim teacher, im 18 and get 18.23 for teaching, and 18.85 for lifeguarding. lifeguarding is like the easiest job, i stand there doin absolutely nothin. recommended to anyone.
i reckon hey! how easy is it...! its pretty much the bludgiest job there is...and pretty decent money as well!

Dammit

what qualifications do you need to be a lifeguard

are u talkin about at a pool or at beach??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)