Partner-free formals (1 Viewer)

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
cannibal.horse said:
I have no problems with our formal (parents invited, no couples)

The idea of a formal is that you have finished school, and dressing up in formal attire and attending a formal occasion is symbolic of the fact you've grown up.

There's too much pressure on students with couples (some break up before the formal making things awkward, some couples hook up all over the place to show off, others dont have a date at all and feel isolated) and also without the parents it just becomes an opportunity for loud kids to be loud, which happens everyday of the week anyway.
That's not really a formal (in the context of this thread), its a valedictory dinner.

LingstyleZ

HSC
not allowed
to bring ne1 from outside of skool?
thats weird o__O

we can bring as many..as long as we pay the money lols

michael1990

HSC
the-derivative said:
Partner-free formal - that's pretty stupid, especially if you go to a single sex school like mine. I wouldn't want to pay to attend a sausage fest. Also having parents at your formal - awkward much?
Most single-sexed schools actually allow people from outside of the school attend their formal. Otherwise as you said, no one would attend.
They also have another school in which (opposite sex) the school regularly do events together.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
holy crap was OP meaning to their year 12 formal?? that is ridiculous indeed.

i vote just smuggle them in. the public has a duty to break rules it sees to be unjust =D

kara42

HSC
jaggy snake said:
We're not allowed to bring people from outside of school to our formal, is this the same for anyone else? It's ridiculous IMO.
I'm pretty sure it'll be the same for us, too.

hairspray

HSC
HUH? What kind of a rule is this? At our school we can bring whoever we like!

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
michael1990 said:
Most single-sexed schools actually allow people from outside of the school attend their formal. Otherwise as you said, no one would attend.
They also have another school in which (opposite sex) the school regularly do events together.
Yeah that's true. We have a sister school which we're pretty close to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)