Partner-free formals (1 Viewer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Yeah it happens.

Solution- take someone from your school.

Trajan

HSC
Yeah this happened at my school...luckily we had enough people to go around.

yeah I also thought it was quite absurd at the time tbh.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
we can take ppl frm other school

we just have to provide ID >_<"

xJennax

HSC
We're not allowed to bring people from outside the grade. Lots of people hate it, luckily my bf is in my grade lol.

4unitfreak

HSC
We can only take people from our grade at our school. I think it's insane; heaps of people in my grade (me included) are going out with people outside of school or in a different year.

MTP

HSC
wow that really sucks, everyone is allowed to bring one, if not two, people to our formal.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Nobody outside of school and had to be in the same year. It's pretty much the norm, security purposes/safety is the reason.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
I can understand why they did it, but its still unfair if people have partners outside of their year while others do. My school has allowed the year to bring partners outside of school, but if the non-partner rule was used, it wouldnt really impact me since my bf is in my year anyway.
Just go with someone in your year then i guess!

HSC
Formal is for school, you can go out with your partner any other night. Formal is basically celebrating with your year that school is over, and bringing other people may cause problems between people ect.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
the name i want said:
Formal is for school, you can go out with your partner any other night. Formal is basically celebrating with your year that school is over, and bringing other people may cause problems between people ect.
and why cant you celebrate with the people that you love if that is your bf or gf. I think that we should be allowed to bring anyone we want.

michael1990

HSC
Were having our formal on a boat. (4 hour cruise).

We aren't allowed to bring partners either. Its only our grade who are allowed to go.

not sure if i like the idea of having it on a boat though. Oh and there is no alcohol even for the people over 18.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
It's better not to bring outside dates.

They don't know anyone (most of the time) so you have to entertain them all night. Spend some quality time with your school friends, it's the last time you'll probably all be together.

michael1990

HSC
Exphate said:
The no-alcohol deal is a DET policy/psuedopolicy rather than a school decision.
Oh okay.

I suppose that makes sense.

HSC
do you really want to spend your formal - a celebration of your time at school, with your peers - with someone who isnt one of them, that badly?

just hang out with your friends for one of the last times. surely its not that hard to have one night with just your friends?

HSC
scaredytiger said:
do you really want to spend your formal - a celebration of your time at school, with your peers - with someone who isnt one of them, that badly?

just hang out with your friends for one of the last times. surely its not that hard to have one night with just your friends?
I agree with scaredytiger. I find i enjoy myself more with all my mates rather then just one on ones. Enjoy your last year with each other, you never know what will happen in the future but let their last thoughts of you be positive. It's a once in a life time experience. Your not gonna be with these people like this ever again so enjoy every moment given and everything they have to offer

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Exphate said:
The no-alcohol deal is a DET policy/psuedopolicy rather than a school decision.
unless you hold it at a club and after 9 declare it officially over, open the bar to those over 18, and continue.
this only works when, a, parents are invited, and b, generally you use a club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)