Open High School (1 Viewer)

entersandman

HSC
N/A
Hey there

Just curious, are there any Yr 11/12 students currently enrolled or planning to enrol at the Open High School?
If so, is it any good? Do they teach the material really well or just give you heaps of homework and make you learn the content independently?
I assume it's better to learn your language(s) at school than the Open High?
Any comments/opinions about it would be greatly appreciated.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Hey there

Just curious, are there any Yr 11/12 students currently enrolled or planning to enrol at the Open High School?
If so, is it any good? Do they teach the material really well or just give you heaps of homework and make you learn the content independently?
I assume it's better to learn your language(s) at school than the Open High?
Any comments/opinions about it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm enrolling.
Pretty much it's up to how motivated you are.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I did OHS for studies of religion in year 11 for a very short period of time. you are required to teach yourself the content.

for my subject only, i didn't like it because i found my correspondence teacher unreliable. the homework and content sent to me was also dodgy, so i quit.

megan13

HSC
don't. i'm not kidding, the teachers aren't like high school teachers at all because there's no real relationship with the student and i'm guessing therefore they hate their job. feedback's bad too. if you are incredibly motivated and can tolerate unreliable teachers then go for it, but otherwise don't expect an excellent, easy-going education like I did.

Eg155

HSC
I tried it for like a month and found it an onerous task that constantly stressed me out because you have no one telling u "this is due tomorrow" or whatever. It's pretty hard at times. Depends are you doing beginners? I japanese continuers and found that in the reading tasks they provided that they used sentence structures that they had not introduced to me and so i found it all so confusing. Also, with a language, it is good to have the teacher-student interaction as you pick up the pronunciation and such when listening and responding every lesson.
But don't let my negative experience sway you. If you think you are that passionate, do it. I found the stress not worth it.

alyssasmirnov

HSC
I am currently enrolled at Open High School (Russian) and i have been since year 10, and i have found that if you really like the subject/language you will find that it is a lot easier because the time frame is a lot more flexible but it does require a lot of motivation. So only enrol if you really really want to do it for your future because you need a goal. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)