open day (1 Viewer)

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Isnt it the red "SAM is hot!" wristbands?

I need one more stamp! (from the bar) to get one :|

Tabris

HSC
off topic: I think SAM should publish a report on whats it doing with our moneh!!!

I mean, the only major development is the student credit union.....we dont need loan sharks, we want something better than that... and why the heel did they put up a framed picture of the MUSC in the cafeteria, "brought to u by...." now thats just wrong

back on topic

What does this job involve? tour guides? $22 an hr is nice......is there going to be lectures? and such?

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Thanks MJ!!

I was a little worried about how they might just be picking males, and so, given that my real name 'jamie' is both a male and female name (i hate when people think that im a female when they see my real name on the internet-dont they know its a common scottish male name...grrrr. click here for a history)
Woah, your real name is Jamie? Now I'm in a similar position as you as to what to call each other-Jamie or James?? And you'd sex the uni up easily!

PwarYuex said:
They should let people who actualy want to do it do it.
How do you propose they find out who is interested in doing it m'dear without sending it off to everyone?

X

xeuyrawp

MaryJane said:
How do you propose they find out who is interested in doing it m'dear without sending it off to everyone?
Oh no, I never suggested they shouldn't send it out to everyone- I said that they should only let the people who want to do it do it. Maybe some sort of short and sweet screening process whereby they talk to someone to find out their motivation for doing it.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Oh no, I never suggested they shouldn't send it out to everyone- I said that they should only let the people who want to do it do it. Maybe some sort of short and sweet screening process whereby they talk to someone to find out their motivation for doing it.
Oh, right. You have to have an interview, so they arent just accepting anyone to do it. Mind you, once you have an interview, I think you're pretty set with having a position on the day. Unless you fuck up the interview, which would be a hard thing to do.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
"So, whaT are your bes-"
"I AM TEH SPWAWN OF SATAN!!"

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, i bet you'd get the job for being a prick and evil hearted son of a bitch, seems to be a running thread through the administration lately

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It probably won't be open for outsiders :(

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
lol Asylum! First its conception day, now its open day- those bastards wont let anyone outside in! Tsk tsk :D

Argonaut, its on Sept 10th, thats a saturday right? So it will be a day after your UNE one. Just catch a train down- its only a 4 hour ride, cheaper and faster than driving!

Grrr I wanna work it!... Isnt it sad that I'm considering going regardless of whether I get paid or not? I love bumming around campus in the sunshine wearing those highly attractive bright yellow "ask me!" shirts.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha fo' sho!

Macquarie Uni: It looks like a jail... COS IT IS!

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
But its a nice gaol with pretty exercise yards and grass and a few ponds/lakes to swim in on those hot summer days. Once you're in you'll never want to leave (not that you have a choice, given you have a sentence of at least 3 years)!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha!

Aren't they glad we're mentors!

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Haha!

Aren't they glad we're mentors!
Goddamnit, I still haven't been got back to about mentoring, and I filled out the form 3 times as I knew the losers would lose it.

I forward that Macquarie is the most disorganised establishment of all time- all the IT stuff, conception day alterations not being advertised, my fucked mentore, the stupid Humanities secretary losing one of my assignments, etc etc.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Goddamnit, I still haven't been got back to about mentoring, and I filled out the form 3 times as I knew the losers would lose it.

I forward that Macquarie is the most disorganised establishment of all time- all the IT stuff, conception day alterations not being advertised, my fucked mentore, the stupid Humanities secretary losing one of my assignments, etc etc.
i dont think they like you :D

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
where to apply? think i'm bit too late now...
actually.... will they email u or something???

^___^
HSC
PwarYuex said:

mentoring during open days or mentoring for orientation day next yr?

if it is the latter, you won't get notified until like end of the semester

X

xeuyrawp

... said:
mentoring during open days or mentoring for orientation day next yr?

if it is the latter, you won't get notified until like end of the semester
I applied at the beginning of this semester. I didn't specify which days I would like to mentor, so I'm not sure when it's for.

^___^
HSC
if it is those yellow looking forms and it has headings like "mentor @ mq", you are applying to be a mentor for orientation next yr

the stuff for open day(this yr) should've been done via email notification...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)