OMFG! Final Fantasy XIII coming to the Xbox 360 (1 Viewer)

Garygaz

HSC
RAGEEE

Do some research

Bluray: 58GB DVD: 4~7GB

FFXIII: Extensive cut scenes, far spanning playable regions, high end graphics, multiple story lines (rumor). Estimates are that it is going to be approx. 35GB

No, it's not as simple as spreading it over multiple discs as done before. The game has been produced for the better part of production with the idea in mind of it being on one disc. ENIX has admitted they DO NOT know how they are going to spread the game-data over multiple discs. No, no link, just google it ><". Also, there is not going to be a similtaneous release, watch the press release done by ENIX, they said that there would be a gap, though they'd keep it as small as possible, but who knows how long that is.

tl;dr: Buy a PS3

PICTURE RELATED

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
wtf is this fnal fantasy BS. should i play the original.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
are you calling them ENIX to sound old skool or something... because squaresoft were the original devs/publishers of the ff series pre-merge

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Garygaz said:
RAGEEE
bluray: 58GB DVD: 4~7GB
FFXIII: Extensive cut scenes, far spanning playable regions, high end graphics, multiple story lines (rumor). Estimates are that it is going to be approx. 35GB
1) No, dual layer DVDs are 9GB, not 4-7GB. Do some research. Blurays are 50GB max, not 58GB. What's the point of overstating blu ray sizes, and underestimating dvd sizes?
2) No. There have been NO official estimates of the size of the game - these are fanboy estimates. Blue Dragon spanned 3 discs, whilst oblivion took up only one disk. So did GTA. So did many other games that seem like they'd be huge.
3) So what if it'll use use more than one DVD? Is it that inconvenient playing the game for 15 hours, then having to switch discs? Why is FFXIII so different that this time, you can't switch discs?
4) Don't forget that Final Fantasy XII, the Final Fantasy with the best graphics, fit onto one non-Dual Layer DVD! 3.79GB.

Essentially, the game is going to be fantastic on both consoles. Oh, and if you don't feel like switching discs (IF it will come on multiple discs), Xbox 360 owners can install it on their hard drives, which will eliminate switching, I would guess.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Garygaz said:
RAGEEE

Do some research

No, it's not as simple as spreading it over multiple discs as done before. The game has been produced for the better part of production with the idea in mind of it being on one disc. ENIX has admitted they DO NOT know how they are going to spread the game-data over multiple discs. No, no link, just google it ><". Also, there is not going to be a similtaneous release, watch the press release done by ENIX, they said that there would be a gap, though they'd keep it as small as possible, but who knows how long that is.

PICTURE RELATED
but, in the end they are going to find a way how to get final fantasy xiii on the xbox 360, and you're gonna end up a sore miserable cunt. why so blue, man? more people are going to enjoy the game.

ohhh, and for your information, disc swapping is a lot better than mandatory installs :cool:. disc swapping is great, actually. that way i can borrow it off a friend when he gets to disc 2.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
who cares what system it's on?

as long as everyone can enjoy it, then it = win.
seriously, all these fanboyism with respect to consoles is annoying.

people protecting the whole ffxiii cgoing on the x360 is to protect their prestigous icon of the ps3, and the great exclusives it has. now that that's gone, they're insecure about the future of ps3. But honestly, play the games for the games. not for the consoles.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
shinji said:
who cares what system it's on?

as long as everyone can enjoy it, then it = win.
seriously, all these fanboyism with respect to consoles is annoying.

people protecting the whole ffxiii cgoing on the x360 is to protect their prestigous icon of the ps3, and the great exclusives it has. now that that's gone, they're insecure about the future of ps3. But honestly, play the games for the games. not for the consoles.
exactly - a game coming out on more consoles benefits consumers and the companies making games! On that note, here's a reply I made to a thread on a sony ffxiii fanboy forum. seriously, these idiots are so disillusioned.

MS doesn't deserve that game at all.
Why don't they deserve it? Because people who own xbox 360s are all spawn of the devil and deserve to have their consoles explode in their faces?

I'm disgusted. Not sure if it's towards M$ or Enix..... arrgh.
What did MS do? Enix made a logical business decision. If you can have a slice of a 100 million dollar market, which business would forego that opportunity and stick to a 50 million dollar market?

Thats why it has taken so long to dev. I wont be picking it up anymore. All the multi-plat games have sucked
They haven't even started development of the xbox 360 version yet (see square-enix's press conference transcript). They plan to start the 360 version AFTER they complete the Japanese version of the game.

Why wouldn't you pick it up? It's been developed for the PS3. The 360 version will be a port? And all the multi-plat games have sucked? There haven't been many exclusives at all...

i'm about to have a ****ing fit this is such ******** i am very very pissed off WHAT DID SONY DO TO PISS THEM OFF why did they back stab Sony now this is really becoming a ..........................****
Sony didn't do anything. Would you argue Nintendo did something to piss them off as FF was a Nintendo franchise for a long time, and then it came to PS1? No. It's a business decision. It's not backstabbing at all.

what kinda ******** is that. now i gotta get a ****ing watered down version of the greatest rpg . are you kidding me. wow SE just lost my purchase. i hope they burn in hell.
Why will it be watered down? Again, it's developed for the PS3 and ported to the 360. Both versions will be identical.

This entire show was about stealing. They stole the Miis from Nintendo, Singstar, Banjo looked like LBP, The new OS looks like an Ipod, and they copied HOME as well. Then they announce this crap. How about you come up with your own ideas for a change M$.
Gaming is all about stealing. Sony stole FF from Nintendo. They stole many franchises from competitors too. You could argue that Sony actually stole the Home idea from Nintendo's Mii program. Banjo looks nothing like LBP: it's essentially a game heavy on racing. Singstar is a generic karaoke concept. That's like saying Sony stole Singstar from karaoke machines.

Sony has to be ****ing stupid to let this slide. First Gta4 and now this. I mean, those were huge games that they let slip passed them. Slipped being that they could have had them exclusive to the ps3 but decided otherwise.
Dont blame Square enix... All they do is trying to make as much money as possible, blame sony for being lazy ***** who dont want to pay for exclusive rights.
Exclusivity is expensive. Sony analysed how much they would gain from paying for exclusivity. Whether any real profit will arise. They concluded that no, there would not be financial benefits of exclusivity (e.g. paying $100 million to sell $50 million of consoles and software doesn't make sense).

Personally I think this will be a shadow of the game we know it could of been now, my favourite game of all time is going to be limited to the space of DVD and then ported over to PS3. Well they can **** the port I aint being shafted.
Again...they're developing it for the PS3 then porting it to the 360.

I won't buy it if it's muli-platform.
Yes..because if it's multiplatform its worth cheating yourself of an amazing gaming experience; possibly playing the best game of the generation

Absoutley horrible, o well, when sales of the game fail due to it being cut down to 20% of what it could be we can all laugh.
Yeaah lololol totaliii. Not really. That reasoning is hillarious - you have the chance to occupy a much larger portion of the market across multiple consoles. How would sales go down? If Halo was on the PS3, for example, sales wouldn't go down: they'd go up.

The sad thing is, all the resources that could have been spent on a FF7 remake or FFXIII Versus is now going towards making FFXIII on 360.
Ports don't take much time anymore.

Captin gay

Supremacist.
HSC
stazi said:
exactly - a game coming out on more consoles benefits consumers and the companies making games! On that note, here's a reply I made to a thread on a sony ffxiii fanboy forum. seriously, these idiots are so disillusioned.

Why don't they deserve it? Because people who own xbox 360s are all spawn of the devil and deserve to have their consoles explode in their faces?

What did MS do? Enix made a logical business decision. If you can have a slice of a 100 million dollar market, which business would forego that opportunity and stick to a 50 million dollar market?

They haven't even started development of the xbox 360 version yet (see square-enix's press conference transcript). They plan to start the 360 version AFTER they complete the Japanese version of the game.

Why wouldn't you pick it up? It's been developed for the PS3. The 360 version will be a port? And all the multi-plat games have sucked? There haven't been many exclusives at all...

Sony didn't do anything. Would you argue Nintendo did something to piss them off as FF was a Nintendo franchise for a long time, and then it came to PS1? No. It's a business decision. It's not backstabbing at all.

Why will it be watered down? Again, it's developed for the PS3 and ported to the 360. Both versions will be identical.

Gaming is all about stealing. Sony stole FF from Nintendo. They stole many franchises from competitors too. You could argue that Sony actually stole the Home idea from Nintendo's Mii program. Banjo looks nothing like LBP: it's essentially a game heavy on racing. Singstar is a generic karaoke concept. That's like saying Sony stole Singstar from karaoke machines.

Exclusivity is expensive. Sony analysed how much they would gain from paying for exclusivity. Whether any real profit will arise. They concluded that no, there would not be financial benefits of exclusivity (e.g. paying $100 million to sell $50 million of consoles and software doesn't make sense).

Again...they're developing it for the PS3 then porting it to the 360.

Yes..because if it's multiplatform its worth cheating yourself of an amazing gaming experience; possibly playing the best game of the generation

Yeaah lololol totaliii. Not really. That reasoning is hillarious - you have the chance to occupy a much larger portion of the market across multiple consoles. How would sales go down? If Halo was on the PS3, for example, sales wouldn't go down: they'd go up.

Ports don't take much time anymore.
who r u quoting.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i was quoting myself, quoting others and replying on a ps3 fanboy forum. all those things said were lolworthy, and were only in the first page of replies. shows the stupidity of fanboyzz

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
there's a reason i stopped posting on gaming forums, especially neoGAF (despite being a fantastic, and sometimes insider, source) - stupid americans and 14 year olds

Garygaz

HSC
Garygaz said:
RAGEEE

Do some research

PICTURE RELATED
succesful troll is succesful

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lawlz. well trolled, although the irony is that there are thousands of people who do believe what you say, and say they'll even boycot the ps3 version because it's now coming out on the 360.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
badquinton304 said:
Recent podcast:
"Final Fantasy XIII on 360 announcement swung the ball towards Microsoft. At Square Enix's Japan event in 2 weeks, they will swing the ball back towards Sony".

Source 1up.

Couple this with the fact that SONY didn't really seem give a crap about the FFXIII on 360 announcment.

This can only mean one thing, FFVII remake exclusive to PS3.
OMG!!! you were right. They really did announce the one thing it could ONLY mean.

nothing.

Cyborgsanta

HSC
FFXIII on Xbox 360

At E3, they announced that Final fantasy 13 is now on xbox 360 and final fantasy is no longer exclusive to PlayStation. I say good on them, eat that ps3 fan boys.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Re: FFXIII on Xbox 360

Okay,
1: there is already a thread outlining this
http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=177729

2: Who cares if it's not an exclusive anymore? the more people that play it, the better it is for everyone.

3: I remember a while back where xbox /xbox360 fanboys said "FF Series sucks." Now they're going "whoopeee" because of this news.

4:
I say good on them, eat that ps3 fan boys.
that quote annoys me. Only fanboys write that. seriously..

Legham

HSC
It's not even that big news.. None of the latest FF games have been huge hits anyway. Not since 7, and i think 8 - 10 were kinda big? Corrent me if im wrong. All those lame fanboys should of at least waited until info was released to see if it was a decent story or not.

poWerdrY

HSC
i dont like how the protagonist of ff13 is going to be female. its weird, because i just cant fully immerse myself into a game when i cant make myself believe that im the player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)