OMFG! Final Fantasy XIII coming to the Xbox 360 (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
“An Xbox 360 version of “FINAL FANTASY XIII,” the latest in the “FINAL FANTASY” series is planned for release.”

-Majornelson

OMFG. HOLY FUCKING MOTHER OF AIDS INFESTED VAGINA.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
groovy. that game would have been my reason to get a ps3 - now i'll need another reason given that I can play it on the 360 now (Hint: MGS4... *sigh*).

do you have a link?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
There's loads of links, but here's just one: http://www.kotaku.com.au/games/2008/07/liveblogging_square_enix_press_conference-2.html

it's a liveblog of the square enix press conference. the 360 liveblog on the site also talks about it coming to the 360.

MGS4 seems to literally be the only game to get a ps3 for at present. I don't know how MS do it. They seem to be gaining exclusives whilst the ps3 is losing them left, right and centre.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
funniest fucking part of microsoft's e3. i don't care for final fantasy at all anymore but this is a major blow to sony.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
i think i'm going to buy a 360 with my tax return (in a few weeks)

stas can u still hook me up with free games once i get it?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
oh i'm still not going to bother with a 360 actually... i didn't read at the time that it won't be released on 360 in japanz... and i plan to import it anygayz

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Only thing i'm worried about is whether my 360 will survive for long enough to play ff13. Every time I play a game it sounds like a rocket engine and when I play DVD' it sometimes has trouble reading the media. I have already had it fixed for the 'rings of death' problem so i'm assuming it is something that wont be covered under the extended warranty. Alas.

badquinton304

HSC
Recent podcast:
"Final Fantasy XIII on 360 announcement swung the ball towards Microsoft. At Square Enix's Japan event in 2 weeks, they will swing the ball back towards Sony".

Source 1up.

Couple this with the fact that SONY didn't really seem give a crap about the FFXIII on 360 announcment.

This can only mean one thing, FFVII remake exclusive to PS3.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lolz. yeah they were going to say "OMG HOLY FUCK! WE LOSE BAD! OMG THEY GOT FFXIII EVERYONE RUN!!!!" during their press conference.

This can only mean one of a billion things, rather than just one thing.

badquinton304

HSC
At the very least it means an exclusive PS3 title from SE. FFVII will eventually be remade its a question of when.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
It's simply a rumour...speculation for now. It may not mean anything at all. It may mean 'downloadable content exclusive for FFXIII'. It could mean 'we're developing a game for the PSP'.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
i really really hope they don't remake ff7

ffs keep it as a classic and stop milking

although from a business perspective it'd be win

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I never finished ff7 (only played it for about 10 hours). This would allow me to revisit the game, since I'm such a graphics whore :shy:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
badquinton304 said:
Recent podcast:
Couple this with the fact that SONY didn't really seem give a crap about the FFXIII on 360 announcment.
Sony Computer Entertainment America boss Jack Tretton discussed Sony's take on the recent announcement that Final Fantasy XIII will release simultaneously on the Xbox 360 with the PS3 with a round-table of journalists, including our own team at Joystiq. "Am I disappointed by it? Yes," Tretton told the group, adding: "Am I surprised by it? No." He was quick to stress that the game remains a PS3 exclusive in Japan, but that "seeing as there isn't that big of a [PS3] installed base in [there], I don't know how big of a coup that is for us."

sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)