• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ohh the joys of studying! And are these holidays actually holidays? (2 Viewers)

enoilgam

HSC
For a 72 ATAR, a person with average intelligence.
1) needs to do all their classwork and be productive in class
2) Do their homework
3) Do cramming before assessments

A 72 ATAR can be gotten without consistent studying effort. But that said, do a decent amount then you can't regret it later by "if I put a bit more effort in, what if???" but don't kill yourself with study and stress when you only need a 72 ATAR for what you want.
This, especially whats in bold - most people who study and stress for a super high ATAR when they only need something small end up kicking themseleves when they get to uni.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No study --> no uni
motivation enough?
Yeah, pretty much.

But if you want to get 72 ATAR, that's just above average... so do your work and just try and you'll get that easy.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Approach the HSC at your own pace. I did absolutely no study during the HSC except focusing on assignments and I did extremely well. Don't buy into the drivel about studying every day for X amount of hours. It will only end up frustrating you further.

RishBonjour

HSC
Well I only need an ATAR of about 72 to get in at UWS.. I wanna do BOA and graphic design. Get into photography.But the start of my highschool experience was damaged by some bad decisions and being part of the "wrong crowd"
don't worry about anything from before, i only started taking school seriously from year 11, before that i didnt care

and ATAR of 72, I'm sure you can get that with ease :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)