Dragons = Shit
Knights = Shitter
BULLDOGS = Premiers!!!:D
DRAGONS = overrated, inconsistent, underperforming, overpaid, 2005 Premiers
Knights = more overrated and just shit basically
Bulldogs = 2004 Premiers, two-time ALLEGED gang rapists, and proven cheats

HSC
See what happens with no Rylesy?

24-12, hopefully now Bennett will make some decent selections.

ThePix

no not becuase of ryles..... bcoz of the other swag of australian players out.....eg. gower, lockyer... your always going to struggle wen the two playermakers are out, whether u like them or not, the australian team has been training to run under those two men's game plan with gower and lockyer running the show... without the usually trained with halfback n five eight, any team will struggle to a certain degree

and ill take all the criticism about the knights, more than happy to admit we suck and the chance of us turning around are resting on our one decent off season purchase kurt reynoldson (however his game stats show hes's a work horse, he aint no gamebreaker)... however ill stick by team, just as i admire u for sticking by the dragons as they consistently under acheive

id love to see dragons win a premiership just so that maybe for once we could see such talented players, showing a display of collective talent :uhhuh:

ThePix

ohwhenthesaints said:
See what happens with no Rylesy?

24-12, hopefully now Bennett will make some decent selections.
like keeping ryles as far away from the starting line up as possible and bringing in O'MELEY to show him how a real forward plays!!!!

Bobcat

HSC
ThePix said:
lol so your new found amazing scoop that newcastle struggle without johns should inspire us to go for another side ? also johns was not the only injury, when he first got injured we were being competitive and then even more injuries were added to johns

tahu, o'davis (as always), kennedy, simpson, seage, hughes, clint newton... so on and so fourth but im not going to defend em, just as i have shown we arent all a one man team ill admit we rely on one player heavily

and being a dragons fan you've gotta tender to your own backyard, a team of champions but never a champion team, and your track record without barrett is less than impressive, not as bad as newcastle but still highly unflattering, difference is, we've won a premiership in the last 5 years
I wasnt trying to 'inspire' you to do anything. I was just stating my opinion.

Im quite aware of the dragons underachieving, im reminded of it everyyear. Though, Barrett doesnt make our team. Dragons win just as many with Barrett than without.

Bobcat

HSC
nerd2die4 said:
brett kimmorley?

there is no competition in rep footy. the britts are getting there, but they only look decent coz australia has been playing some dodgy footy.
Rep footy is great to watch, best of the best from each country. Brits certainly have given the aussies a run for their money, this year.

ThePix

Bobcat said:

Im quite aware of the dragons underachieving, im reminded of it everyyear. Though, Barrett doesnt make our team. Dragons win just as many with Barrett than without.
fair enuf indeed... my apoligies if i seemed to get alittle over synical, sometimes the one man team things just get a bit dry n i over react, as u said, just stating ur opinion n im sorry if my post seemed in any way rude or oppressive (as strange as it may sound im trying to be serious)

and i think you'll find that if you count the games which barrett did not play, the percentage of those games won without him does tend to show what i said

however my point isnt that teams who lose without a star halfback are one man teams, i have always believed its bcoz the halves are the cornerstone to any side, change them around and uve got a recipe for choas bcoz the game plan needs to either encorporate a halfback who follows the same style (very hard to find) or change the game plan to suit the new player makers... without solid halves there week in week out, the attacking potency will always be diminished

Bobcat

HSC
ThePix said:
however my point isnt that teams who lose without a star halfback are one man teams, i have always believed its bcoz the halves are the cornerstone to any side, change them around and uve got a recipe for choas bcoz the game plan needs to either encorporate a halfback who follows the same style (very hard to find) or change the game plan to suit the new player makers... without solid halves there week in week out, the attacking potency will always be diminished
Nicely Put.

HSC
ThePix said:
like keeping ryles as far away from the starting line up as possible and bringing in O'MELEY to show him how a real forward plays!!!!
Ahhh so predictable. It's the little things that Ryles does which makes him so important, the things that go unnoticed by most. His ruck defence is the best of any forward in the comp.

Great Britain's 2nd and 3rd tries indicate why O'meley isn't ready on both sides of the ball. He left the line short on both occasions when his shoulder charges didn't come off.

While I rate O'meley pretty highly from the form he showed towards the end of the year especially, claiming that Ryles should be as far away from the side as possible is a little stupid.

And no, this isn't just Dragons bias. I am more than happy to bag our own players, e.g. Trent Barrett,

ThePix

ohwhenthesaints said:
His ruck defence is the best of any forward in the comp.

Great Britain's 2nd and 3rd tries indicate why O'meley isn't ready on both sides of the ball. He left the line short on both occasions when his shoulder charges didn't come off.

While I rate O'meley pretty highly from the form he showed towards the end of the year especially, claiming that Ryles should be as far away from the side as possible is a little stupid.

And no, this isn't just Dragons bias. I am more than happy to bag our own players, e.g. Trent Barrett,
once again ill first admit that saying he shouldnt b anywhere near the side is opinionated and bias so im not goin to hide that, but just so u know my beef isnt that hes a dragon, more so his lack of attacking presence on the field...

many of the offloads which so easily stock up on his stats record result in the ball going to ground as his means of trying to foolishly get rid of the ball while he is being drilled in midair

in the last game webke and himself both played in for australia...... ryles averaged over a metre less ever hit up which he did, and this isnt including the metres lost when he was driven backward

im not going to sit here n continue to try n debate why i think o'meley is better bcoz its too subjective, i just feel that in an overall sense, the potential impact that o'meley can hav on a game is far greater than ryles and ill admit that his performance and "potential impact" in the test was lack luster at best

eg Statistics dont compensate for the value of a 15 metre fitzgibbon charge down the blind side to bring the Blues out of our own red zone!

im more than happy to bag my own players too...eg the injury list of robbie o davis... but im not going to tell u that everything i say is unbias, everything is bias in some form (curse history extension course)

Dragonschik

Bobcat said:

Wrong, I thought that aswell untill I went back and looked at all the game for the last two year, we have a 75% win rate with Trent Barrett, therefore whoever says Baz is not needed at Saints is a fool and not informed.

ThePix

yeh but what needs to be found out to get a true indication........is exactly how many games the dragons have played without him since hes been at the club, and then find the ratio of wins to losses

i myself know that without him, winning hasnt been fruitful for the dragons but to what extent i dunno

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Who watched the Tri-Nations final? The first half was absolutely brilliant. The Poms shouldn't have talked it up so much, I think they got jinxed. They were absolutely stunned. Woo!

I wonder what the game against the Americans is going to be like?

fehdeh

Go Da Eels Dere Goin 2 B Un Beatable Dis Year And As Long As Da Raiders,doggies,&broncos Dont Win I Do Not Care

Pace Setter

Anyone catch Aus V USA this morning? USA led 18-0 before Aus came back to win 36-24. Game was played over four 20 minute quarters, and played on astroturf rather than grass.

HSC
It was strange - I read the paper today and found out that one of their wingers was an amazing kicker for the NFL but he saw a game of league and was hooked.

Apparently he turned down offers to play in the NFL where the slary for a first year players is between $A300 to $500 000! :eek:

ThePix

i think it'd be awsome if usa could get heaps good at league, i just been reading the match reviews n im so cut i missed the game bcoz of work :(

can anyone tell me was it like a pretty decent aussie squad and do the usa have any players that could possibly play nrl in a few years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)