NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Tate's try was pretty good, and it's nice to see Johns to finally get involved, although it was a very soft try

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Tate's try was pretty good, and it's nice to see Johns to finally get involved, although it was a very soft try
although i didnt like his inclusion into the squad, that try was awesome

gasnier scores 18 - 14 now.

EDIT: Tate just got antoher too.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
ive always believed in tate... *coughs* *shifts eyes*

18 - 18 at HT, waterhouse had 1 good pass but was pretty average otherwise. ryles had some good runs but still tries to even it up by dropping balls - some of the ref decisions have been favouring the aussies

whod have thought NZ kicked 3/3 as opposed to Aust's 1/4... fitzy's had some tough angles tho

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I accidently made a bet that Australia will win with a -16.5 point handicap. I meant to make it that NZ will win with a +16.5 handicap.
Luckily, my mistake may yet pay off. It's a pitty they didnt score just before half time though.

Come on! 3 more converted tries! Do it for stas.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Vagana will fix em up.

One point. Bad refereeing/linesmanning.

1. Waterhouses unawarded try shouldnt even got so far because there was a deliberate forward pass beforehand
2. They should have referred Websters try to the video ref
3. Gasniers try wasnt a try, his arse was on the touchline
4. The penalty that led to Gasniers try shouldnt have been awarded. Ryles is shit and he tried to pass, the cat was lucky [is the piece of breaknail ever unlucky?] the ball went into Vaganas hands.

I want a beter performance ref, like the one where Morley wwas sent off after 16 seconds.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah that truly was shocking refing. Oh well, has mostly worked in my favour.
Let's just hope NZ don't get fired up again after the half. 4 quick and easy aussie tries will pretty much guarantee my $$$.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
lucky they didnt pick covell the great, stacy 7 from 7
Damn Straight! LUKE COVELL would have added 90 points to the NZ score... and that just would of been embarassing.

GO VAGANA!!!! I knew he could do it!

... Some absolutely shocking reffing though... and suck on that Phil Ghould you piece of shit! YAHOO! I hope they pick a real Australian national side now. Then maybe I could support them again... pick Gallen and Nutley and Australia will win by 30 points.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I didnt listen to Nine, but the ABC commentators reckon Vagana should get half of next season off. And that tryhe scored was the fastest I've ever seen him run.

NZ A beat Aus Invitational 38 - 16. Get back to you with the scorers, but I'm sure VC Covellius had a big say in it.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I dont wanna see Vagana miss the next game... cos if he does I'll have to go for Australia unless they call up another Shark... and cant wait to here the scorers for NZ A. GO Luke "God amongst men" Covell!!!!!!

HSC
Wow, it is about time that an international rugby league game is exciting and not a one sided cricket score. Tate played well, but it was obvious the difference between a NZ side with Stacey Jones and one without him.

Didn't Australia end up using a lock/forward as a centre? Waterhouse, wasn't it?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well that will stop international rugby league being a joke if the kiwis keep playing like THAT

iamsickofyear12

HSC
That is what the Australian selectors get for picking out of form players from teams that didn't even finish in the top 8.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Random 87 said:
Yeah, I dont wanna see Vagana miss the next game... cos if he does I'll have to go for Australia unless they call up another Shark... and cant wait to here the scorers for NZ A. GO Luke "God amongst men" Covell!!!!!!
Eoin, first of all I'm sorry I didnt reply to you on MSN cos I was in the other room watchin Helen of Troy, and normally I'm a quick replyer. Sorry man.

Now, if the Nige is suspended, NZ is lucky they have Covell to slot into the number 6.

And of the NZ A scorers I think it looked something [guessing off the match report] like this;

NZ A 40 [Carmont 2, Covell, Harrison, T Puletua, Ngawini, someone else possibly // Covell 6 or 7 goals, Kris Inu 0/1 goals]
Aus Inv XIII 16 [Cooper, Mason, someone else // 2 goals from someone]

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Wow unexpected, but a great game by the kiwis. those 4 tries in a row before half time by the aussies had me worried. Big ups for David Faiumu he did pretty well in his test match debut. Im thinking Vagana will def miss the next game. Depending on how super league goes sione faumuina can fill in, or leuluia.

On the A game,

40 - 16 actually
Kiwis upset Aussie Invitational XIII

Saturday Oct 15 20:00 AEST
All eyes were on big-name halves Scott Prince and Trent Barrett in the Tri Nations curtain raiser, but unheralded half Jeremy Smith was the standout in New Zealand A's surprise 40-16 win over the Kangaroo Invitational XIII at Telstra Stadium.

Smith, who guided Parramatta's Premier League side to grand final success against the Sydney Roosters from five-eighth, was just as effective from halfback, scoring a try and setting up several others.

Clive Churchill medalist Prince and Dragons captain Barrett had few opportunities to push their Test claims after the visitors dominated possession and field possession.

The match, which was reduced to 35-minute halves, was an opportunity for fringe Test candidates to impress national coaches Wayne Bennett and Brian McClennan, with Bulldogs pair Willie Mason and Mark O'Meley and Dragons centre Matt Cooper the Australian players most likely to press for the main team.

Both Mason and Cooper crossed for tries in a well-beaten side, but the high-profile Australians were otherwise well-handled by the Kiwi defence.

Cronulla winger Luke Covell, who was selected for Country Origin this year, got the visitors on the board first with a try in the left-hand corner in just the fifth minute. The score remained 4-0 after Parramatta junior Kris Inu missed with the conversion.

The Kiwis went further in front after Newcastle flyer George Carmont accepted a beautiful pass from Smith to stroll over for a try in the 14th minute. Covell's conversion extended the lead to 10-0.

Smith was involved in the next two tries, scoring one in the 19th minute after some clever lead-up work from North Sydney hooker Billy Ngawini, before putting hard-running Penrith backrower Tony Puletua through for a try five minutes later with a brilliant inside ball. Covell's conversions gave New Zealand an imposing 22-0 lead.

The Australians finally got onto the scoreboard just before halftime, with controversial Test omission Matt Cooper's converted try narrowing the gap to 16 points at the main break.

But the game was all but over when Carmont grabbed his second in the 44th minute. Both teams traded tries in the second half, the best a barnstorming effort by Tigers youngster Bronson Harrison right on the fulltime buzzer, with New Zealand never seriously threatened.

Last edited:

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
Eoin, first of all I'm sorry I didnt reply to you on MSN cos I was in the other room watchin Helen of Troy, and normally I'm a quick replyer. Sorry man.

Now, if the Nige is suspended, NZ is lucky they have Covell to slot into the number 6.

And of the NZ A scorers I think it looked something [guessing off the match report] like this;

NZ A 40 [Carmont 2, Covell, Harrison, T Puletua, Ngawini, someone else possibly // Covell 6 or 7 goals, Kris Inu 0/1 goals]
Aus Inv XIII 16 [Cooper, Mason, someone else // 2 goals from someone]
No problems man.

I was watchin Payback....i always watch Mel Gibson movies, and i have a feeling thats about the 12th time that one has been aired on channel 9 and im guessing I would of watched that movie about 11 out of the 12 times.....I cant explain why.... and i wont bother trying...

OK! back on the topic we all wanna talk about: NRL.....who am i kidding! we dont wanna talk about NRL....alright ill secombe to it...LUKE COVELLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Bookie, you have no idea how hard I laughed when i read this:
Bookie said:
I know it is true....but honest to god, whilst thats exactly what I was thinking, i just couldnt have phrased it any better :D

Good on LUKE and his efforts in the NZ A squad...one day he'll realise you cant be picked for real rep sides when you play for the sharks. He should secombe to the massive paycheck offers coming from all the big clubs that want so desperately to sign this LEGEND of the modern day game.
Instead, LUKE continues to stick with the sharks because he doesnt want the glory or the big checks..... he just wants to try (in both senses of the word). So good on you LUKE COVELL one day you will get your revenge.

thanks for the stats from the game both Bookie and Copious.

and finally.... LUKE COVELL FOR MAN OF THE SERIES! and dont you know it!

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
barrett deserved the spot more than lockyer. but how many times did we drop the ball. kennedy. king. ryles. ... simple stuff. simple stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)