• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
kimi said:
In case you didnt fuckn open your eyes- I SAID I WAS OVER IT. SO YOU STFU. if someone teased your team in a way that was preety inconsiderate and implausible, i think one would be obliged to respond agressively.

Now stfu, and move on. I didnt even say anything to you, i think you should take that as a sign and stop hogging up the NRL thread. We were talking about Tri-nations, i would like to talk about THAT.
hogging up the nrl thread with your endless essays that take up most of the room... and you went talking about the tri nations in your last post...so stop being a hypocrite. when are you goig to leave bos? maybe you shoudl talke that off your signature and location...

back on topic i do agree it would of been better with Benji marshall, Sonny Bill williams, Dene, Utai in the squad becuase it would of been more competetive...hopefully next year they can be included.

Last edited:

davo_

good kid
HSC
kimi said:
I also think that Aust willl preety much put a hattrick of consecutive tries or something like that- cos we have Johns the Barge ass and Lockyer so, things could go our way easy. Unless our shit players (mason, tate, ryan, waterhouse) decide to fuck Aust up. Actually, when i think about that aspect- yes, its going be a fairly tight game.
i predict around 36-24, with Matt King first try scorer (im making this all up).

Oh and i just heard Scott Prince is going to test the open market, instead of signing with the Tigers straight away. I saw it on the news- the Tigers Officials are in total shock- as they probably expected him to automatically sign with them. I reckon he's sooo heading for the gold coast. I <3 scott prince, hes adorable.
Just because they probably don't deserve to be in squad doesn't mean they're shit players... And lets face it- all those guys bar Tate are forwards - and reasonably easy to replace in a game of football...
Prince is a toss for even looking anywhere else: undoubtably Tigers are already going to lose a few players because of their seemingly overnight success - but I still think they're on the verge on something bigger than just a single premiership.

oh2sxc

HSC
davo_ said:
undoubtably Tigers are already going to lose a few players because of their seemingly overnight success - but I still think they're on the verge on something bigger than just a single premiership.
aww i think their time has come and their players will be in high demand and as you say maybe a few will leave but I think their luck has run out after winning the premiership.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
brogan77 said:
5 bucks says they are one hit wonders. No team has won the NRL premiership back to back, and only the Broncs have won more than one. I just can't see the tigers building an sort of dynasty, i say 2007 they will not make the finals.
quite a few teams have made back to back premierships. its only this decade so far that there has been no back to back premierships.

i do think the tigers will go good again but like all the other premiers this season so far, i think they will get the premiership agian.

davo_

good kid
HSC
brogan77 said:
5 bucks says they are one hit wonders. No team has won the NRL premiership back to back, and only the Broncs have won more than one. I just can't see the tigers building an sort of dynasty, i say 2007 they will not make the finals.
Ya may be right - the good thing about the salary cap...But they defintitely do have the halves to do it... And I assume when you say the NRL premiership you're talking only the last few years since it has actually been the NRL - in which case I think you're wrong about the Broncs (but I may be wrong). In any case the Roosters could have made it 4 out of 5 if they were good enough g/f performers- but the salary cap doesn't apply to them apparently (I'm only taking a dig- I really don't want this argument to start up again either).

davo_

good kid
HSC
shortygb said:
i do think the tigers will go good again but like all the other premiers this season so far, i think they will get the premiership agian.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that doesn't make sense either...

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
davo_ said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure that doesn't make sense either...
oh sorry typo, i meant that i do think the tigers will go good again but like all the other premiers this decade so far, i think they will not get the premiership agian.

oh brogan you were only talking about since the nrl stated ok then, i was thinking of evry year not just since 98. so then your right since the formation of the nrl no team has won back to back.

*mel*

shortygb said:
quite a few teams have made back to back premierships. its only this decade so far that there has been no back to back premierships.
You must admit, thought, that three back-to-back Grand Final appearances are pretty damn good. :D

Bookie

Banned
HSC
Schoolies 2004 said:
Roberts would be on more than 180, remember they got him during the year he scored loads of tries, and alot of clubs were after him = prcies were bidded up substantially. That also applies to Monaghan, although to a lesser extent. Either way, I naturally exaggerated that to make a point, how do the Roosters maintain what would have to be one of the most expensive backlines in the comp, and still be able to have a forward back of stars?

The only team that rivals them in that stake is the Dragons, and we all know why they have shyted themselves and offloaded Ennies and will possibly Timmons and Thompson.

Meanwhile, the fair teams, like the sharks are screwed over as other teams cheat da cap.

Lastly now, I read someone saying dat their aernt many sharks supporters or something bout bandwagons cos sharks win nothin....the sharks actually have one of the largest fan basis, apart from the entire shire (minus those who are scum and jump on da dragons bandwagon) and there are also alot of supporters in non-shire areas - because the sharks are team that no-one really minds. The same cant be said for teams like da dragons, roosters and manly. Why ppl dont like them? Well mainly because of their supporters, who consist of 90% bandwagon supporters, and partially cos these teams are cheats....cheating the cap, cheating by buying a team full of stars etc.
MMMMMM. I dont think Roberts would be anywhere over 200 though. He's a wnger and wingers dont really deserve much. I know they bought him after he scored 23 tries in a season, but Roberts is a glory hunter and just wanted to win a premiership [even though he just did with the Pennies].

Sharks fans are indeed not bandwagonners, we are Mat Rogers bandwagonners, but in saying that, we're loyal and are unlikely to jump on any bandwagon. There been little glory at the Sharks and we all know that, but hey, theyre an awesome club with fack management.

As for the cap, I'm sure we're closer to breaching it than many other clubs [but keep it quiet].

Random 87 said:
Well, NZ could of won had they have played Reece Williams, Hutch Maiava, Latu and LUKE COVELL!!!!!!!! but instead they will lose, eventhough im supporting them tonight... im no Kiwi, and it pains me that they won the Union Tri-nations. BUT, they have Vagana and I just wanna see the man play well and win them the game.... it wont happen....

WHY O WHY DID THEY NOT PLAY LUKE 'God amongst men' COVELL? He is an obvious match winner!
I was gonna type something about Tri Nations, but what he said. ^^^

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
**MeL**88 said:
You must admit, thought, that three back-to-back Grand Final appearances are pretty damn good. :D
well yeh back to back grand finsalist is the next best, and rooster have doen it quite a few times, so i dont see why it can be so heartbreaking than not making it at all....but oh well thats just me and my "eels bias perspective":D

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
shortygb said:
hogging up the nrl thread with your endless essays that take up most of the room... and you went talking about the tri nations in your last post...so stop being a hypocrite. when are you goig to leave bos? maybe you shoudl talke that off your signature and location...
Do you know what a hypocrite is? look at your posts and yourself. Fullstop. And don't tell me what to do. And after you told me to shut up, you kept going. That. Is. Hypocritical.

shortygb said:
well yeh back to back grand finsalist is the next best, and rooster have doen it quite a few times, so i dont see why it can be so heartbreaking than not making it at all....but oh well thats just me and my "eels bias perspective"
Of course you don't see it, but if you think you're good enough to use the fact "we have been to the GF for a few years and choke" against us when you tease us, then your good enough to understand it possesses a degree of humiliation, thus embedding a sense of hurt amongst us. And yes, you are an Eel and you're not a Rooster fan. So uh yeh, point being? Oh and you're not funny.

davo_ said:
Just because they probably don't deserve to be in squad doesn't mean they're shit players... And lets face it- all those guys bar Tate are forwards - and reasonably easy to replace in a game of football...
Prince is a toss for even looking anywhere else: undoubtably Tigers are already going to lose a few players because of their seemingly overnight success - but I still think they're on the verge on something bigger than just a single premiership.
Yes, i suppose theyre not shit players- but compared to the others picked- they dnt deserve to be there.. Hopefully, they do get replaced after tommorows game when selectors realise they will pull down the quality of the test match, or something along those lines. But its only international footy and its gotten worse now. Its slightly enjoyable to watch but, it undermines the players and subsquently, the NRL season for next year cos of injuries, etc. Plus, Australia doesnt have to often put up with close competition anyway, cos we're the best in RL.

I also do agree that the Tigers are on a verge- i don't think they will win the Premiership back to back but they will remain consistently in the top and continue to build as a team over the next few years. However, i think that other clubs will learn to analyse the way the tigers play strategically, etc etc by the time next season begins, so whether they make an impact or not is preety much undecided. So, really- i dnt know. Sheens is an awesome coach, i think Tigers are really lucky to have him. I guess it depends if they can continue to strengthen as a team or not, it worked for them this year. IF next year is like this year, then no1 can really predict anything.

oh2sxc said:
aww i think their time has come and their players will be in high demand and as you say maybe a few will leave but I think their luck has run out after winning the premiership.
Yeh, their players will be in high demand- even Sheen's contract ends next year i think. Plus, Benjii Marshall and Prince are off contract end of next season too. Theyre like some of the key people in first grade, so without them, tigers could be in trouble. But theyre luck isnt out, theyre on a verge and anything can happen.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Woah, that was like 20 minutes of my life wasted.

I can't believe I just read 4 pages of personal attacks on the NRL thread. What a load of garbage.

Now I can't even be screwed to comment on the ACTUAL NRL stuff that people randomly spattered across the last 60 posts.

Goddamn this crap pisses me off sometimes.

From now on, talk about the NRL rather than telling everyone else how much of a dickhead they are and how they are more "qualified" than another person to comment on the game.

Simple enough?

I think so.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Bookie said:
Type some one liners kimi. no one reads your crap.
true bookie.

DRAGONZ said:
Woah, that was like 20 minutes of my life wasted.

I can't believe I just read 4 pages of personal attacks on the NRL thread. What a load of garbage.

Now I can't even be screwed to comment on the ACTUAL NRL stuff that people randomly spattered across the last 60 posts.

Goddamn this crap pisses me off sometimes.

From now on, talk about the NRL rather than telling everyone else how much of a dickhead they are and how they are more "qualified" than another person to comment on the game.

Simple enough?

I think so.
very simple, im stopping now...there is no use because she will always feel the need to relpy with an essay...and keep doing it...until she "wins"

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Bookie said:
Well Bogan was just talking about the sex appeal of league, and the reasons why females watch it. I'm supporting bogan on that one.
well yes, alot do watch it/support a team because of the "hotties", but not all supporters who watch /support a team because of that...but you have to admit that alot do.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Alright guys lets get back on topic or there will be some post deletage.

Predicted score tomorrow night? Aussies 32 - NZ 24

Cityboy

HSC
NZ 34 (7 tries and 3 goals due to poor goal kicking options) to Aus 16

This is one of the worst AUstralian teams I have ever seen, I hope they get thrased so that the selectors will be forced to change the sections to the touring squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)