• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn198718

well australia will win but will be a close game. is scott prince playing and why didnt hodgson get picked for fullback over minacello

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Why drop Mini? Im not a fan of him but despite that he played out of his skin in origin and did well on a poor performing roosters team. hodgson would be right behind him in the pecking order if mini got injured though. as with prince, cant really see him getting a game unless some serious injuries occur.

Glenn198718

brogan77 said:
aww copious i was giving a really acerbic reply to the west tigers thread but you closed it! :(
why dont you post what you were going to about the tigers here so i can see what you are going to say

Glenn198718

yeah ok man you cnt offend me i would care if ytou said something shit about them seriously because all i have to say back is who are the premiers and thats all that matters ok

Random_87

HSC
N/A
well, if LUKE "God amongst men" COVELL was playing for NZ I would predict 124-6 to NZ, but I guess since he's not playing it will be more like 30-6 NZ's way because of Vagana....... am I deluded or what? only Covell can have a 'match winning' impact. Vagana isnt half the player Covell is... oh well, GO SHARKS...uurm...I mean. GO New Zealand... sorta.......

GO LUKE COVELL!!!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kiwis wont win. for all of you crazy bastards who think they will bet $100 for a $700 return at the TAB.

Bookie

Banned
HSC
We love Covell we do we love you Covell we do. Who cares who wins, as long as Covell scores some points for NZ A, then everyones a winner!

Go Vagana. Show em your the best 5-8th in the game.

LUKE COVELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!

Lukus.
Covellius.
Maximus,

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nope. i'm only having max $20 on my account at any one time. Currently all the $ is occupied with other bets :)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I thought Leica Falcon was gonna win for sure. But I also read that he's a 3200 runner.
Railings made a great dash at the end. High five to him.

random 87 said:
Leader of the 4 armies of the north.... blah blah blah.... and he will have his revenge in this life or the next
2 armies of the South [Sharks, NZ], he will have his revenge THIS life.

Random_87

HSC
N/A
Hahahaha, sorry brogan, I didnt think anyone would recognise it. especially since I didnt know if i quoted that part correctly.... but LUKE COVELL is the peoples champion! He is like the good Russel Crowe..... you know, not throwing phones and stuff.....

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
australia 42 - 10 Kiwis

edit: haha i cant believe i just spent half an hour reading last few pages of the thread .... seriously you guys need to chill and dont get so emotional on every, good luck for the hsc - dont stay up at 4am mowing over the definition of "bandwagoner" lol ;)

Bookie

Banned
HSC
TVNZ said:
Surprise selection for Covell?

Oct 6, 2005

Celebratory drinks will be on offer even if Cronulla winger Luke Covell doesn't become a surprise Tri-Nations selection for New Zealand on Friday.

Just five months after making his NSW Country debut, Covell, 23, is hoping to cap his best NRL season to date with a Kiwi call-up for the Tri-Nations opener against Australia on October 15.

The goalkicking winger was named in the Kiwi squad this week, switching allegiances after Sharks teammate and New Zealand centre Nigel Vagana "got in my ear".

But Covell will be smiling even if his name is missing from the Kiwi side on Friday thanks to his groomsman duty for former Wests Tigers teammate Anthony Laffranchi on the same day.

Covell watched with mixed emotions as the Tigers - where he played during 2003-04 - claimed the NRL premiership last Sunday night.

But that hasn't stopped him missing out on a celebratory tipple.

"I'm groomsman for Anthony's wedding this Friday. Anthony's sort of had a buck's week rather than a buck's night after their win," Covell laughed.

"I've ducked in for a couple but they (Tigers) haven't stopped yet.

"I've definitely got mixed emotions but I am happy for them. I'm still good mates with a lot of them.

"I had a great experience at the Tigers but I am not regretting leaving them."

No wonder, his extended game time at the Sharks and the unavailability of injured winger Matt Utai may just earn him an international call-up on Friday.

Covell shone on his Sharks debut in 2005, notching 186 points in 22 games - doubling his career first grade matches (44) in just one season.

He was identified by Kiwi coach Brian McClennan in April - and quickly got Vagana on the case.

"He (Vagana) got in my ear, told me how good an experience it is and that when opportunities like this come along you've got to take them," Covell said.

"He's definitely played a big part in the decision. I thank him for it."

Covell is eligible for Kiwi selection thanks to his New Zealand-born dad.

"The Kiwi selectors got in touch with me before the Anzac Test and asked me what my thoughts were which took me by surprise so I just said `not at this stage'," Covell said.

"I was still trying to cement my spot with Cronulla so I gave it a miss.

"But I am happy with my year. I got in touch later in the year and made myself eligible.

"I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed."

Vagana admitted: "I have been on Luke's case all year".

"Kiwi management got a hold of me and asked me to speak to him to see what his thoughts were on representing the Kiwis," said Vagana, one of four Sharks in the Kiwi squad.

"It was a bit of a shock to the system for him early on, he had just played City-Country and we left it at that.

"But he had a think about it and said he wanted to put his hand up for the Kiwis which I think is great."

McClennan was also singing Covell's praises in an encouraging sign for the winger.

"Luke's made himself available. To have a goalkicking winger is exciting and certainly strengthens our squad," he said.

McClennan said Covell was identified by using a database of eligible players with Kiwi parentage.

"There's a lot that can qualify. We are always on the lookout," he said.

Source: AAP
Aaaah, that explains why Covellius didnt make the team.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Australia 0-18 New Zealand
After about twenty mins. This is what happens when you pick on name, not form. Open your fuckin eyes selectors. Even if we come back and win the game, it sure is an eye opener.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
wow im amazed at how the new zealand team has started i knew they would be strong but not that strong, i expected a closer few mins...

thats right, i dont agree with this team...they should of went for the players more inform than the regulars. and now look what happens, australia needs to start to play better or NZ will run away with the game.

oh an noooooo! not Tahu, i so hope hes ok :(:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)