Notes: Typed Or Written? (1 Viewer)

H4rdc0r3

HSC
how long do you take to write notes? how do you take your notes?

bored of sc

HSC
cy91 said:
what do u prefer to do:
type ur notes or write them
At the risk of this already being said, why not do BOTH? And use different formats so the knowledge sticks easier.

~caramello~

HSC
I type my notes so its neat and organised and you can always edit it. But i write it out before the exams as it helps me remember it.

wendybird

HSC
Typing. (but supplemented by writing and hand drawn diagrams).

Actually... mostly laptop, because our school provides tablet laptops that we can both write and type on.

Best of both worlds really. :spin:

Though i have a feeling this laptop attachment could haunt me, considering i've dropped the thing several times, and it's rather abused... hope there's no ominous Computer God up there looking to smite me or something... :uhoh:

BabyEars

HSC
H4rdc0r3 said:
how long do you take to write notes? how do you take your notes?
Look at the syllabus dt points and write summaries. You cannot be asked a question outside of the syllabus. Master the syllabus and you my friend will = 100+ UAI.

~caramello~

HSC
BabyEars said:
Look at the syllabus dt points and write summaries. You cannot be asked a question outside of the syllabus. Master the syllabus and you my friend will = 100+ UAI.
lol. That and do a crap load of past papers.

akrinis

HSC
I HATE writing notes onto paper. It takes forever and my fingers hurt. It's just much more quicker to type them up on my laptop. That's my I'm getting an ASUS EEEPC specifically to type up my notes in class. I hope my school allows, cos I can just print and stick them into my books later on. :]

selablad

HSC
Written. But then I don't really take 'notes' as such, I mainly study through doing problems/exercises or jotting down comments made by teachers and stuff. So going through and making proper notes out of these takes a lot of time which for me is pretty much wasted, as I never re-read notes. To each his own, though :D

lou071

HSC
N/A
i personally think written is better.
that way you learn to write neat and fast

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
lou071 said:
i personally think written is better.
that way you learn to write neat and fast
That's a good point. Writing them can help increase your speed and help in the final HSC exam. I totally forgot about that... I have always hand-written my notes though, I find typing just to be weird because everything else at school is written.

soporific

HSC
personally, i do both depending on the subject. like in yr 10 i use to type up notes for history during the yearlies and half-yearlies and rewrite them by hand. for other subjects, it's just purely hand written. but hey, sometimes i just read through a textbook without making any notes (i.e. geography) >__<

different methods work for different people so there's no harm in doing both ! :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
soporific said:
personally, i do both depending on the subject. like in yr 10 i use to type up notes for history during the yearlies and half-yearlies and rewrite them by hand. for other subjects, it's just purely hand written. but hey, sometimes i just read through a textbook without making any notes (i.e. geography) >__<

different methods work for different people so there's no harm in doing both ! :)
Just reading... I doubt that method will work for this year and the next :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Very difficult style of rote learning... not exactly my style :) Although reading things a lto helps (not as good as rewriting).

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Aquawhite said:
Very difficult style of rote learning... not exactly my style :) Although reading things a lto helps (not as good as rewriting).
well most people end up reading their own notes anyways :)
so its just reading, and a bit of time to write ur own notes
but i dont learn like that

zaa

HSC
Written.

I find that if I type my notes, I'm not really concentrating. Whereas when I write notes I actually have to pay attention. Plus I find it easier to remember the stuff I've written. I actually prefer my notes to be a bit messy, because only I can understand it...and I can't pay attention if it's really neat. I'd be in awe of the prettiness ^^

lou071

HSC
N/A
apparently written is better coz it last longer,
and that is why i prefer written

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)