Notes - Handwritten or Typed Up? (1 Viewer)

axwe7

HSC
N/A
Which way is better?

Handwritten notes

Or

Typed up notes

I usually do handwritten but most of the notes I've seen on BOS are all typed up...

Which method is more effective?

Thank You.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Which way is better?

I usually do handwritten but most of the notes I've seen on BOS are all typed up...
I think it's because its hard to upload handwritten notes without scanning em lol

leehuan

HSC
Handwriting takes effort but if you're bothered then they're better because writing is much more effective than typing when it comes to memory recall (assuming legible handwriting)

blackbird_14

HSC
Handwritten notes are good for making sure you remember stuff, but it takes so much more time than typing. But typing, you don't recall the information as quickly.

So perhaps do a combination of both? I type up all my notes, and then hand write the important stuff I need to remember

sida1049

HSC
All of my notes were handwritten. Like others have mentioned, it helps with memorisation. It is also easier to format in my opinion, and also encourages you to summarise your points succinctly as since handwriting takes time and effort.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Maths I always would recommend hand-writing; typing is way too labourous.

Most other subjects, handwritten is good for memorisation. Although personally I prefer typing in class to get down information fast*; and then maybe rewriting by hand. *depends on teacher. For english for instance, I had to type; particular as I would take notes during class/during watching a set text.

leehuan

HSC
Maths I always would recommend hand-writing; typing is way too labourous.

Most other subjects, handwritten is good for memorisation. Although personally I prefer typing in class to get down information fast*; and then maybe rewriting by hand. *depends on teacher. For english for instance, I had to type; particular as I would take notes during class/during watching a set text.
Question: What are maths notes?

I am joking, but tbh I never used any.

laura-jayne14

HSC
Uni Grad
I usually type mine up as writing is too time consuming. But if I was doing practice papers/essays I would handwrite. Typing allows it to be easily edited, organised and kept in the same place. It's also much neater.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
typing

you should revisit the information you've learnt each week when you're adding stuff to your notes

typing you can (critically) EDIT the notes each week/ if necessary.

Get into a habit of making new notes and revising current notes each week. I did mine on a Friday arvo each week just after school ended.

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
You can take your hand written notes everywhere and read them ie on the train, during english classes and even in toliets. You can't really do that with digital notes

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
You can take your hand written notes everywhere and read them ie on the train, during english classes and even in toliets. You can't really do that with digital notes
iPad?

print out?

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
tbh on the toilet I'm concentrating on sitting on the toilet if you get my drift

i dont want to sit there for prolonged periods of time

Orwell

HSC
Well, there are pro's and con's for either option. Typing your notes is more convenient, however, I have heard and read that by hand-writing notes, the informations sticks with you.

bangali

HSC
Depends on the person. How I did it?

Typed - because then I could could keep editing it the whole year through; every time I found more information, I could add and rearrange. It let me make super-concise notes because I could keep editing and chopping and rearranging (and the process of creating and constantly improving my notes was one of my best study methods, because reorganising and changing the information made me think about it and process it). The headings and layout was also clearer to read. The most important thing in learning content is synthesising, understanding and linking into a big picture, so keeping drawing little bits from different sources and building it into one coherent concise picture over the whole year is like THE BEST study method. That's why I typed.

But when trying to memorise/rote-learn, I handwrote simply to help my recall - but I instantly trashed the notes, as I wasn't writing them to study off, but to help memorisation.

DLMisme

HSC
It's personal preference, I liked typing them because it was neater.

Carbonunicorn

HSC
Uni Grad
Typed up for stuff like chem bio and physics
but handwritten for English! you need to be able to write fast and neat your hand needs practice practice practice

deekimchii

HSC
typed up notes is way better, much more efficient. If you wanna practice your handwriting and stuff just keep doing past papers, and write essays for english handwritten.

Aside from that, it is better to type the notes and it is much more neater :) in my opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)