• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Nokia N93 vs. N80 vs. N73 vs. E70 (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
The newer S60 devices (v3) are much faster than the old ones... and when I say much faster, even bootup... my 3650 (v1) and 7610 (v2) took nearly a minute to boot up every time- and that's considering they only had puny amounts of external memory (16mb and 64mb respectively) whereas my N93 has a 2gb miniSD.

As for music editions- I wonder how much more they'll cost because the only differences (from what I understand) are a change in the music player which affects the stereo widening capability, and the cosmetic change (ie. black in colour). Based on what I've read in other forums, some people have used the NSU to change their N73s into music editions- but for me, the risk isn't worth it since my sister doesn't really need the music function and it uses a pop port connector... maybe one day we'll buy the pop port -> 3.5mm adaptor with mic.

There is one thing I didn't like about the N80's size/shape- the slider was awkward for me to use. Maybe with time I'd get used to it, but it's nothing like say.. the D600's slider mechanism. *shrugs* Personal preference I suppose.

mrzeidan1

Tigers '08
HSC
Had the N80 for a few days, then swapped for D900. Didn't like the slide mechanism at all and the camera wasn't all that flash..

Miss the wi-fi though :(

D900 is sex

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Samsung sure know how to make great sliders. The D900 is the really thin/flat Ultra with the smallish looking screen right? That was actually my 1st pref for my sister's phone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)