• Early Bird

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Sane and prefers to study during daylight

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters

mam_2011

HSC
N/A
Well, I think that either is effective as long as you get enough sleep before an exam. However I'm being hypocritical as today is the day of my english paper 2 trial and last night i stayed up until 2 practicing and woke up at 530 to practice more. When I tried to get to sleep though I found it really hard because my head was buzzing from all the stuff I had been doing, so you definitely need time to wind down. However, even though I am functioning on 3 and a half hours sleep I am feeling pretty confident for the exam... so test out both and see what your body can handle!

ciaobella17

HSC
Would you suggest an amount of time I try it out for? I tend to stray away if I don't have a set out goal...

Well, I'd perhaps try it for a few days-try getting up a couple of hours earlier than you normally would then have a few days where you can get back into your normal rhythm and then try a few late nights. Which ever one you find easier and more effective would be your answer.

specky2009

HSC
Do i count as nocturnal if i stay up late not studying?
Win.

In response to the original query; I studied yesterday afternoon for the English Trial Paper 2 and was in bed by 9. Although at 9:30 got out of bed and stayed up until 11 studying more because I was worried. It all depends on what works best for you and how much preparation you've actually done.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Thanks for all the reply people. But I guess it really depends on the person. Again. How I love these answers...

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
If you get distracted during the day try going to the library to study or turn on some classical music to blot out sounds.

As for me during the gsc I was always a nightowl and usually my most productive hour wad the one just before u went to bed (cause I always scrambled to do work so my whole day wasn't spent doing no work!). This was only because u had a most ftucked up sleep schedule and those "stay awake" hormones only kick in until like noon so my whole morning was spent like a zombie. This doesn't happen anymore now that I sleep better.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
If you get distracted during the day try going to the library to study or turn on some classical music to blot out sounds.

As for me during the gsc I was always a nightowl and usually my most productive hour wad the one just before u went to bed (cause I always scrambled to do work so my whole day wasn't spent doing no work!). This was only because u had a most ftucked up sleep schedule and those "stay awake" hormones only kick in until like noon so my whole morning was spent like a zombie. This doesn't happen anymore now that I sleep better.
I guess that's not exactly productive when you have an early morning class XD
I tried the library. It was so comfy I almost fell asleep... I get bored easily. I think I need a smart buddy to study with so I can ask them when I don't get something and vice versa. When I don't get something I have a bad habit of staring at it until something pops up :/

jnney

lemon
HSC
Nocturnal ftw. Sometimes I don't even sleep...LOL.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I was an early bird. But people who did better than me, and people who did worse than me were nocturnals.

Moral of the story? Doesn't matter what time you study, it matters how you study.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
I was an early bird. But people who did better than me, and people who did worse than me were nocturnals.

Moral of the story? Doesn't matter what time you study, it matters how you study.
OK.. any suggestions as to great study methods which worked for you? o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)