• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

No appetite in the morning. (1 Viewer)

quik.

HSC
If you are not used to eating breakfast your body will not find it appealing

Basically harden up and have breakfast, eventually your body will come around

simplyyme

HSC
I wake up in the morning, and I can't eat, if I do I'll spew...but I need to eat, because breakfast IS IMPORTAAANT.

What can I do?
Can I just take supplements instead? Is that a healthy alternative?
What can I do to eat and keep it down....?

you're exactly like me, i don't eat in the morning cause i feel like crap afterwards, maybe try something with bread, it doesn't make me feel as bad as if i ate something like cereal.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i always eat breakfast, whether i got 3 hrs sleep or 10 hrs sleep.

if im not too hungry, and i gotta go to uni/work, then i eat a slice of bread with some form of spread, and milk+milo.

if im off/its a weekend, and im ravenous, i make myself an omelette.

luv2luvurmama

HSC
I wake up in the morning, and I can't eat, if I do I'll spew...but I need to eat, because breakfast IS IMPORTAAANT.

What can I do?
Can I just take supplements instead? Is that a healthy alternative?
What can I do to eat and keep it down....?
Do you wake up with a taste of acidity stuck in your throat? If so you may be sufferring from Reflux, seek a gp and he can give you some medication for that. You could also be sleeping with your mouth open,possibly snoring, and in a humid room? That could lead to something disgusting in your throat and mouth making u not feel like eating.
I would most logically guess you have the symptoms of Reflux, and it is alot more common than you think.

Also Excess-Stress can cause some acidic crap getting stuck in your throat making you lose your appetite. Thats what used to happen to me, but now as im finished my hsc, not stressed = no loss of appetite.

Furbob

HSC
maybe if you want to have the apetite for breakfast, eat a smaller dinner = hungry in the morning hence, eating breakfast?

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Lol, I never ate breakfast the last two years. I found Up and Go's helpful during exam times though. They're healthy, delicious and they fill you up for 3 hours. Well, at least they did for me :p

HSC
wow thats late. i wouldnt survive the morning let alone the whole day lol.

i love my breakfast and id rather turn up to school late than miss it.

anyway maybe its something you're eating that makes you throw up, like milk.
maybe youre lactose intolerant and didnt know about it...

i know my mum cant stand even the smell of milk.
Me without food=death

D: I looovee my food. My friends cannot believe the amount of food i eat during recess, yet i can't put on weight to go blood donating...

Maybe you should see your GP. Going without eating is bad for your brain and body D: I do the non-eating thing, thought, on weekend mornings, when i wake up about 9am... i don't eat till my mum comes home with maccers, around 4-5 pm.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I've been waking up at like, lol, 4 am starving to death.
I eat
And then stay awake
until midnight.

Repeat ad infinitum.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
it was the same problem I had.
I ate every morning, even if I would vomit. and I had to drink heaps of water to make the food go down.

and now, I don't have a problem with eating in the morning at all.

breakfast is essential. try to eat every morning even if u dont have an apetite for food

icecubeX

HSC
wow. breakfast is like the most important meal
I always have a glass a milk with my breakfast

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Hey guys, thanks for your input.

I tried to eat this morning, but couldn't. Walking past the kitchen almost made me faint, so I stayed away from it and just went to school. But I think I made up for it with two slurpees later on. Yaaay.

Not having an appetite in the morning causes so many problems. I don't have breakfast, and I also don't take anything to school, because I just can't look at food in the morning.

Tomorrow I'm going to try again. Perseverance...

+ last night I woke up suffocating in the middle of the night because of my retainer...I really think it has something to do with it, because before it, I would always eat breakfast...

waller

HSC
do you exercise a lot? or like eat heaps at other meals during the day?

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I don't exercise by will, I just move around a lot because I have to. It depends, some days I eat very little, others, I eat quite a lot.

I just realised...this is perhaps affecting my GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT OMG.
I NEED TO SEE A DOC ASAP OR I'LL BE INFERTILEEEE! : O

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I don't eat past 5:30/6:00pm and I try and drink at least a litre of water a day.
Hmm idk something's not right.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
can you not wear the retainer at night? or do you have to?

I used to have this problem, not the retainer thing cause I've never had one, but the breakfast thing. I started by just eating very small amounts of food, like 2 bites of an apple or half a cup of tea, and after I did that for a few days I found myself waking up actually wanting to eat.

I still don't eat a lot at breakfast, usually just a cup of tea and a tub of yoghurt or a piece of toast. But it does the job.

Maybe start with something like a cup of tea or even just a glass of water to get you used to the idea of putting something in your stomach when you wake up. Then you can move on to actually eating food.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Start with something small, increase it as your body gets used to it. My b/f used to be like this and now he actually feels hungry in the morning because his body has come to accept breakfast. Start small and plain...breakfast is very important!

CecilyMare

HSC
I have an appetite any time of the day. I only don't eat breakfast because there's nothing to eat without having to spend over 10 mins making it. I also don't really bother with muesli bars because they're so small they're not worth the energy taken to shove your hand in that tiny gap that they let you open and pull it out.

klaris

HSC
I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I've never ever eaten breakfast, even when I was little (5 yrs old) and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Now, the only thing I might have for breakfast is a coffee. That's it. Nothing else.

As a rule, I don't usually eat anything before midday. I just can't be bothered and I'm not usually that hungry. By lunch I haven't eaten anything all morning and have a hamburger or something.

But if it worries (and obviously it does) you I'd go see a GP.

Like melsc said, start off really small. A glass of milk? A coffee? A muesli bar?

I feel physically sick from the thought of having a big breakfast at 7 in the morning, too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)