• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

New Ipods: which one should i get? (1 Viewer)

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
pete_mate said:
Someone's a fanboy.
Haha not quite! My first one died, second one was a gift, which is in the process of dying and I won the shuffle in a raffle.

I wonder if anyone actually has 80GB of music, legally obtained. :ninja:

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
gmail92 said:
>< there's like 80mbs free on my 4gb nano

and there's alot more music i havent put on yet =/

wish it was bigger....or that I had spent a bit more to get the 8gb

80gb classic = 20 4gb nanos
160gb classic = 40 4gb nanos
How much was your 4GB?

I remember my 2nd gen nano was $2xx and it was only 2GB :X

bawd

HSC
Farfour said:
Free lossless audio codec, only sweaty fat nerds who jack off to 12 year olds use it
Even I (self-proclaimed audiophile) didn't know what .flac stood for. Therefore, STFU.

Man, I wish I lived in America. The US Apple store has Macs for significantly cheaper (even after currency conversion), and they come with a free iPod of your choice. I want a free iPod!

sf_diegoxrock

HSC
bawd said:
Even I (self-proclaimed audiophile) didn't know what .flac stood for. Therefore, STFU.

Man, I wish I lived in America. The US Apple store has Macs for significantly cheaper (even after currency conversion), and they come with a free iPod of your choice. I want a free iPod!
Just get it sent over.

I recommend PriceUSA, she's an awesome mail-forwarder.

johnnywalker

HSC
why not just get an iphone? a phone and a media player in the same device.:p

04er

HSC
i'm really stingy with mobile plans (spend about $15/month) so iphones are waaaayy too expensive for me :p plus i dont work at the moment (am on youth allowance tho) so not the best time to be splashing around cash.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
johnnywalker said:
why not just get an iphone? a phone and a media player in the same device.:p
they lock up apparently.. and they are expensive

rolror88

HSC
N/A
sf_diegoxrock said:
Haha not quite! My first one died, second one was a gift, which is in the process of dying and I won the shuffle in a raffle.

It is possible; I've heard about people who have extensive CD collections, who rip them and put them onto their iPods.

HSC
bawd said:

www.priceusa.com.au

take the US price, whack on 5% for shipping and you're done.

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
they lock up apparently.. and they are expensive
They were pretty dodgy until 2.1 software came out. Running mine on 2.1 jailbroken 3G iPhone (Also vendor unlocked) and it's an absolute delight. Perfect for note taking, browsing, media, watching movies and of course managing my fucking retardedly large phonebook. Holds up really well, too, getting about 8 hours of call time per charge. As a phone to run your life and a business off, it's a dream.

HSC
sf_diegoxrock said:

My Girlfriend's dad has about 400GB of Music ripped from an extensive CD collection.

bawd

HSC
New question, should I get a MacBook or MacBook Pro? And 1GB memory, or 2GB?

As I said, I'll use my MacBook mostly for school work, organisational programs, and general photos, music and movies.

HSC
Macbook, for you a pro is overkill. Ramp up the memory as OS X loves memory what with being UNIX and all.

EDIT: Just order the base model and install the RAM yourself. Buy the RAM from www.msy.com.au and install it yourself or get a mate to install it for like 1/10th of the cost apple charges for the RAM upgrade.

seakebab

HSC
youBROKEmyLIFE said:
Macbook, for you a pro is overkill. Ramp up the memory as OS X loves memory what with being UNIX and all.

EDIT: Just order the base model and install the RAM yourself. Buy the RAM from www.msy.com.au and install it yourself or get a mate to install it for like 1/10th of the cost apple charges for the RAM upgrade.
I advise you to not open the laptop and install new hardware. It's a lot harder than a desktop computer.

I don't really think there is much of a difference if you get the pro or just a normal MacBook, I'd personally get a Pro, but it's up to you.

2GB FTW. The more RAM the better. I'm running on 1, and want to die. :hammer:

Last edited:
HSC
seakebab said:
I advise you to not open the laptop and install new hardware. It's a lot harder than a desktop computer.

I don't really think there is much of a difference if you get the pro or just a normal MacBook, I'd personally get a Pro, but it's up to you.

2GB FTW. The more RAM the better. I'm running on 1, and want to die. :hammer:
Dude, to install new RAM, you pull out the battery, remove one screw, and push the lever to remove the old stick, put in the new stick. Then push the lever on the other, put in the new, replace the screw and replace the battery.

gggggggg

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
it is simple on most laptops.
I got my RAM working with my guitar pick.. I know have a guitar pick lodged in my laptop

aimhigh10

HSC
wendus said:
omg yeah my 2GB one fits NOTHING
it is so annoying.
mmmm i have a 4GB and it fits only a little bit
but its from 2006 i think
2nd generation..
not that that was relevant sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)