New Atar Estimate (1 Viewer)

jarrodoliver1

HSC
Just got all my results back for my first lot of assessments and really happy with how i'm going. Would like to know how well i could do if i keep it up. I know that these ranks can be easily changed. Cheers

Maths 2u 3/15
Software Design 1/12
IPT 1/10
Chem 3/6
English Adv 4/17
IT - No ranking is involved, but i could easily pull first, been that way since year 10. HSC Exam estimate of around 88-93 Raw

School rank: Around 500 :S
Thanks guys. :)

Last edited:

Aysce

HSC
What is your school rank?

Aysce

HSC
Sorry about that mate, completely forgot :p Updated and its around 500 :S
No problem.

I think you're in for about 83-84. Don't be discouraged though, estimates have a tendency to be quite off.

jarrodoliver1

HSC
No problem.

I think you're in for about 83-84. Don't be discouraged though, estimates have a tendency to be quite off.
Thanks, what do you believe would be required to secure a definite 80? I know nothing is 'definite' but as sure as i can possibly be, what marks am i needing to achieve you believe?

enoilgam

HSC
This is a tough one - but I reckon somewhere between 72-82 maybe. It could be anything though, it will really depend on the externals.

jarrodoliver1

HSC
This is a tough one - but I reckon somewhere between 72-82 maybe. It could be anything though, it will really depend on the externals.
Thanks, what do you believe would be required to secure a definite 80? I know nothing is 'definite' but as sure as i can possibly be, what marks am i needing to achieve you believe?

enoilgam

HSC
If you are looking for final marks, try and ATAR calculator as they are generally more accurate than any of us with converting final marks into an ATAR. Besides, you may feel more confident in certain subjects then others, which you can factor in when experimenting with the calculator.

jarrodoliver1

HSC
I think i might bump this to get some more opinions. I realise it is definiately based on my externals, but if i perform well, would it be difficult to get say 80?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I think i might bump this to get some more opinions. I realise it is definiately based on my externals, but if i perform well, would it be difficult to get say 80?
Even though your school is ranked very low you are ranked righ up towards the top for most subjects, as long as you performed to the same standard as you did in school i'd say you should be able to get 80.

jarrodoliver1

HSC
Thanks guys, i'm going to just try as hard as possible to pull off an 80. There are a select few at our school that are receiving extra help, moreso activities that will push us up into the higher band 6s. I'm doing it for SDD/IPT and English Advanced. Pulling off 3 band 6s will basically instantly secure an 80 atar, with decent-ish other scores. IT, i could also pull a very high band 5. Technology is my thing :)

Can't wait for university, and, all in all, if worse comes to worse, i believe i obtain about 8 extra points for going to my local university (4 for a rural school + 4 for local uni!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)