Nervous Breakdown (1 Viewer)

Muz4PM

HSC
I am not too worried at the moment, but then again I haven't experienced any real major screw ups yet this year, and touch wood, I don't in the future.

danieljkim

Atheism is non prophet
HSC
haha... well at least you guys still seem to have ur wits about urselves ~ :p

i just slam the table when i get one of those pissy moments.. lol

yeh-- i agree wid every1, it IS pretty exhaustive emotionally.

try runnin or a few push-ups: something relatively "intense" physical exercise if only fer a seconds may clear up ur mind and ur emotions

g'luck with all.

HSC
I think for me, its not about the hsc generally. Its the major works and how close the due dates are, the after school, before school, recess and lunch lessons etc.

Annalisee

HSC
Rebekkie said:
erm, no. i've found the whole yr 12 experience rather underwhelming and anti-climatical. and yes, i've done my trials. even they weren't too bad.
yeah same, I had a little freak out in term one last year but other than that I've found it's gotten easier.
Although I find exams less stressful than assignments.
Maybe I just don't give a shit anymore?

danno1990

HSC
Ive found myself just not caring anymore. Whatever happens happens. Of coarse i still want to do well however why stress so much that you cause yourself to have a breakdown.
Remember in life there are alternatives to EVERYTHING.

gpipirw22

HSC
N/A
Ew, wouldn't the Hsc bring a negative impact upon anyone?
Its horrible!

well, at least it will be over in 3 months...starts in 68 days...ftl!

I haven't exactly had a nervous breakdown per se, but ive come close, self-harm, unable to stop weeping, writing suicidal poetry, screaming, ou get the jazz.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I havn't I have been very very stressed at some points but not tears, I am sad to hear chris has though:(

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Charity F said:
Had a horrible breakdown on the Sunday night and Monday morning before an English assesment last term, but I think it was in response to weeks of suppressed anxiety. I couldn't reclaim control of myself for ages. The experience really freaked me out, because I'd always thought that there was nothing at school worth crying about.

Nevertheless it proved to be incredibly effective - i walked into the assesment completely calm, without having prepared any essay or whatever, and was thus able to think clearly and managed a high B-range mark.

It's important to note that we all handle/experience stress in different ways.

Just having someone close to talk to is the most important thing. :)
Remember all that stuff that we discussed through PMs about parental pressure and nervous breakdowns etc?

Ok, so I had a nervous breakdown in front of my parents a few weeks ago. Uncontrollable crying and repititive sayings about how I can't handle this anymore; everything just got too much and I snapped. The pressure was immense and I was so stressed out. Afterwards I was actually quite relieved that it happened, like everything wasn't on my shoulders anymore. My parents are a little more lenient and understanding and my teachers were really good about it. Especially one teacher that knows I get stressed easy and he tries to prevent it any way he can. But I now look at school differently and the whole work perspective.

So, don't let stress and the school work/load get the better of you. Talk to someone before it's too late.

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
Charity F said:
I forgot to thank you again for all your help and support. I appreciate the strength it gave me to tell my parents everything, even though it came in the form of a nervous/mental breakdown.

Woot for friends, family and reliable teachers <3
Xx.

bao28

HSC
nervous breakdowns cant happen in dota

not if u win every game
:ninja:

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Seriously, I read this thing on SMH that has totally changed my perspective of the HSC. I'm not stressed at all anymore. What I get, I get.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Wassup? said:
Seriously, I read this thing on SMH that has totally changed my perspective of the HSC. I'm not stressed at all anymore. What I get, I get.
thing in SMH?

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
-may-cat- said:
thing in SMH?
Yep, my bad. Yeh, it was this forum sort of thing that had comments from people who had completed their HSC, and it showed me that even without a great UAI, you can still be successful. I'm still gonna try my heart out, but no more stress. :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Wassup? said:
Yep, my bad. Yeh, it was this forum sort of thing that had comments from people who had completed their HSC, and it showed me that even without a great UAI, you can still be successful. I'm still gonna try my heart out, but no more stress. :)
damn you, i wish i was like that, i dont know how not to stress

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)