Need help! >< (1 Viewer)

Yesty

HSC
Hey guys, im due to start my last year of school. Yay!... And i was wondering whether chemistry is a must to get into medicine. Its been bugging me heaps because some people say "yes you do" and others say "No you dont, you'd need physics". I'm sitting here thinking...wtf? Anyways that's all im wanting to know. TY!

ilikebeeef

HSC
Hey guys, im due to start my last year of school. Yay!... And i was wondering whether chemistry is a must to get into medicine. Its been bugging me heaps because some people say "yes you do" and others say "No you dont, you'd need physics". I'm sitting here thinking...wtf? Anyways that's all im wanting to know. TY!
Chemistry is assumed knowledge for med but you can do bridging courses if you haven't done it at school. If you don't want to do bridging courses, then yes you need to do it at school.

There's been numerous threads like this.

Schoey93

HSC
Chemistry is assumed knowledge for med but you can do bridging courses if you haven't done it at school. If you don't want to do bridging courses, then yes you need to do it at school.

There's been numerous threads like this.
No, it is not assumed knowledge. You are incorrect. You don't need to do Chemistry or a Chemistry bridging course for any undergraduate medicine course in NSW. You will not be disadvantaged by not doing Chemistry.

nottellingu

HSC
No you dont need chemistry to apply at most undergraduate universities across Australia. Most medical schools teach you everything you know, a chemistry background would be useful but is not essential.

Chemistry is a pre-requsite subject at the following unis: Monash, JCU and Bond.

Yesty

HSC
LOL, well since the majority is going with no then i just wont do chemistry :haha:

ilikebeeef

HSC
No you dont need chemistry to apply at most undergraduate universities across Australia. Most medical schools teach you everything you know, a chemistry background would be useful but is not essential.

Chemistry is a pre-requsite subject at the following unis: Monash, JCU and Bond.
Usyd has Chem as assumed knowledge, and UTAS has Chem as a prerequisite.

UWS has Chemistry and Biology as assumed knowledge.

Last edited:

ilikebeeef

HSC
LOL, well since the majority is going with no then i just wont do chemistry :haha:
Firstly, one person on this thread is saying no, one person is saying mostly not (that means if you want to be safe for med at all unis, then you should do chem), so that's not a majority, and secondly, why wouldn't you do want to do Chemistry if you want to do med? They interlink.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)