Neatness of your work (1 Viewer)

muramasa

HSC
How neat is your work when you hand-write?
I'm not too neat(actually overly messy) but I have friends with such neat notes and work and spend a lot of time doing it.
Is it worth the time to be neat in your opinion?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Nah it isn't worth the time making sure your notes are neat. As long as you can read them, it doesn't matter.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
yeah I was all neat and stuff until year 10 and first 2 weeks of year 11. Then I got fed up with the amount of writing and ugly writing happened

Fiction

HSC
Neat? tots me. I think I lost marks in my inclass English Essay because of my handwriting. There was a very detailed and explicit sentence telling me to improve my legibility at the bottom ;-;

I should be like a secret spy or something. Be all like passing notes and stuff and no one can read it except moi 8D Who am i kidding?

deloving

HSC
Neat? tots me. I think I lost marks in my inclass English Essay because of my handwriting. There was a very detailed and explicit sentence telling me to improve my legibility at the bottom ;-;

I should be like a secret spy or something. Be all like passing notes and stuff and no one can read it except moi 8D Who am i kidding?
I ask for feedback from my English teachers. The standard has become one-sentence-feedback "Improve your handwriting", written neatly on the front page of my essays.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
I ask for feedback from my English teachers. The standard has become one-sentence-feedback "Improve your handwriting", written neatly on the front page of my essays.
would get those exact words on every exam i had at school even my maths exams :(

dim-sims

HSC
My handwriting changes all the time and it made all my books look messy so I finally settled down on one 'font' I guess you could say.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Hopp

HSC
My writing is infamously horrid, which is funny I guess, since all my subjects, bar Bio, require essays and long responses.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
For normal notes, as long as you can read your own hand writing, that's neat enough, however, try to be as neat as possible within exam condition constraints when you are doing exams:)-It makes the markers' job easier-and makes you getting the marks you deserved quicker:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Well think of this way...if you're notes are messy and gross, you'll be too repulsed to look at it, making studying them fruitless. Unless you don't care about handwriting, then it shouldn't matter.

Fiction

HSC
haha really? I never felt the urge to stab the knife deeper/put salt on the wound. I just kinda leave it, and type up any homework instead of writing it. Unless it's like 1 sentence obviously

Wish I could write with both hands *-*

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I have about 6 different handwriting styles
according to my teachers

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
I think notes should be neat cos then u will waste ur time trying to decipher what it says rather than absorbing the info written. It's also good practice for exams to have neat writing because there are teachers like the ones at my school who give 0 if it's messy.

hecticated

HSC
as long as your writing is legible, you should be fine.
try to avoid running writing because thats usually harder to read.
also be careful in subjects involving numbers.

enoilgam

HSC
I never handwrote my notes because I found typing them on the computer allowed me to format then how I liked (for me, formatting helps a lot with learning notes). My actual handwriting is pretty shocking, but it is legible, primarily because my writing style is in block letters which makes it easy to read. It has deteriorated over the years because I didnt write much in uni - I was looking at my Year 6 books a few days ago and my writing was neater back then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)