My stupid, skinny, no periods day, immature friend. (1 Viewer)

xJennax

HSC
She probably doesn't have enough body fat, once you get under a certain amount you don't get periods. It's silly she's not taking it seriously.
She could be risking her health for the future, especially if she wants to have children!

I've always been really skinny but this hasn't happened to me though. =/

HSC
yeah i am pretty sure if i was her i would be so teriffied that i would not be able to have kids and stuff.

janaranaran!

HSC
I was underweight for about a year in year 10, and I didn't get my period again until I put some weight back on. Maybe Katie your body is just ok with being skinny? mine certainly wasn't, damn body. And I wasn't even that skinny

but yeah, osteoporosis, low iron levels and junk. always feeling tired, your hair thinning out...

Gloves

HSC
katie tully said:
my body was fucking loving being skinny

do want that skinny again. will get there.
Not if you keep popping babies at the rate you're at.

HSC
I feel sorry for you that you have to put up with her crap but we all have a friend like that, one who won't listen to reason.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
how about..

you wait till she likes dies from whatever blatantly unhealthy condition she has

then laugh.

and poor some cereal on her grave.

HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
Today, I had a heated argument with one of my friends about her health issues, she brags about not getting her periods like us normal girls do
i'd be jealous too if a friend of mine lost some weight and made the rest of us lazy girls look more ugly and obese in comparison. :eek:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Man I'd love to have less frequent periods, and they're pretty clockwork, right on the dot every month. But yeah if she's having a period every 6-8 mths from skinniness...she needs to get that checked out. That's completely not normal. She sounds really stubborn though--you might have to physically drag her to a Dr.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
lala2 said:
Man I'd love to have less frequent periods, and they're pretty clockwork, right on the dot every month. But yeah if she's having a period every 6-8 mths from skinniness...she needs to get that checked out. That's completely not normal. She sounds really stubborn though--you might have to physically drag her to a Dr.
Man, I love the Pill. No periods at all!

But seriously, it sounds like she's malnourished (duh) and suffering from a back of body fat. Females need a certain amount of body fat, or our reproductive systems start to go on hiatus (evolutionary adaptation woooo).

chamelia

HSC
She is not going to go to a doctor if she doesn't want to.

And at the moment she doesn't want to be 'fat'.

Maybe you could research an article on the net - print it out for her to read.

Scare her into acting sane.

HSC
Well if her hormones go out of whack making her lack of period, she can loose her hair, get hairier in other places, her metabolism will get so bad that everytime she eats she'll bloat, she can't have kids, can give you bad acne, the lining that sits there is more prone to turning into ovarian cancer cells, and when your older diabetes, heart disease/attack etc...It just goes on and on.

It can be quite serious after a while. If she doesnt want to go you can't force her, but keeping her aware is good.

plus no one wants to cuddle with a stick ;)

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Not eating can also really stuff up your metabolism...what ends up happening is if you starve your body for too long it gets used to it so everytime you DO each it stores the food because it wait for you to starve...

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
What's funny also is that few week ago we went to the beach along with other of our friends, i couldn't help but notice she's got bunions, I told her 'oh my god, go get it checked out' she said oh its fine, doesn't hurt at all. I now nickname her duckfeet :eek:

So now she's got a diet problem and bunions too :p

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Darryl Kerrigan said:
i'd be jealous too if a friend of mine lost some weight and made the rest of us lazy girls look more ugly and obese in comparison. :eek:

Hmm for a tall person like me, I'm far from fat or chubby at all, I don't have obese friends, because they're only there for food not friendship.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
lala2 said:

Yeah we're planning to soon, pretend to her we're going on a road trip but take her to a local doctor out of town. ;)

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
Yeah we're planning to soon, pretend to her we're going on a road trip but take her to a local doctor out of town. ;)
why not tell her that you need to go to the doctor and ask her to come along for support, and then while your their ask the doctor "questions about another friend" and when she hears the response she might get something done

BabyK

HSC
Anorexia and Bulimia: infertility, fragile nails,severe thinning of hair, rupture of organs, high risk of heart attack, not to mention you'll be able to iron clothes on her chest she will have no feminine features :)...and the list honestly goes on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)