multipul choice (1 Viewer)

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
cassie8 said:
hey with outwings omg i didnt realise u go to schookl u must be so smarrrt i alawys look at all the stuff uve posted i think it came in handy today!!! hhehehe
did u do health of young people?
what school do u go to

did you ever know that your my hero, everything i would like to be... hehe jokes

good luck on finding where she goes, its covert. except for school 529. itll all b told one day wings... just you wait!

Nite (again!)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Oh by the way changing my option paid off :) I looked at improving performance and my jaw dropped (well i didnt bother resummarising my notes the two nights before) Then my eyes wandered over to the sports and phys act in australia questions: EASY!!! Incredibly easy. I wrote 2 booklets for this option (11 pages i think)

Stilla

NNGHHH
HSC
The improving performance option was the easiest question in the exam for me.
It was releif from the rest of the exam, i studied not so hard had no idea about things, i had no sleep the night before, an insane headache and felt generally sick, i was so screwed i couldn't even remember one of the ottowa charter sections.

Oh without wings, all the stuff you've done on this website helped me out a bit with my hsc, thanks heaps and good luck, but it doesn't sound like you need it.

Last edited:

cj_bridle

HSC
i thought the question about the greatest impact on state govt health expenditure was hard... i was tossing up between public hospitals and medical services... i went for medical services cause i thought it was more general and would cover more expenditure... but public hospitals seems logical aswell :p

meh..

xprshn

bum...
HSC
N/A
Can someone please post up the correct answers, not just the letters A B C D, but also the actual answers. Thanks, it's becuase i don't have the exam paper with me, and forgot some of the questions.

hehehehehe......

Anh Yeu Em Mai Mai..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
she goes to a school which not many of us would have heard of

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Best way to confirm if youre 100% correct (or at least, be assured to a certain extent) is knowing that you have 5 of each letter - as in PDHPE (and its a fact) that they have 5 A's, 5 B's, etc.

SweetSeasons

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
Oh by the way changing my option paid off :) I looked at improving performance and my jaw dropped (well i didnt bother resummarising my notes the two nights before) Then my eyes wandered over to the sports and phys act in australia questions: EASY!!! Incredibly easy. I wrote 2 booklets for this option (11 pages i think)
That's like the worst thing you could do in an exam. I did that as my option in class, any one who did it as an option would have such an advantage over you because they know the content of the syllabus and arn't just waffling about stuff.
I wrote about 6/7 pages for a and b.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
No, I studied for the option the day before for about 6 hours, therefore I would know the syllabus vaguely. The indigenous one was very easy - mentioned some games they played and that the physical activity and sports were for skills related to life. Also for establishing identity as there were many tribes. Then i contrasted it to modern life today with urbanisation loosing abo identity. And I explained how some role models exist in order to find indigenous identity and used cathy freeman during the olympics with the flag as an example

The following question I just waffled on as you said. I knew most of the syllabus points but there was just sooo much I could say.
I started explaining roles of women and men in 19th C Britain + Australia and how the development of womens sport happened. Then I went on to talk about the media and their constructs of gender.
Then i talked about sexuality anod a little about homophobia in sport. Also the Australian sporting identity and officials being primarily male.
I forgot to talk about the sport rates women as opposed to men participate in (Although i only used the general ones: rugby as opposed to gymnastics). Not sure if that will loose me marks.

SweetSeasons

HSC
lol, that's good then I just got worried for you. Your answers sound pretty much spot on to mine.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
excellent :)
I loved this option, it was really interesting and an easy read. My mind can remember lots of useful facts, but when it comes to stuff like memorising technical things (eg improving performance) my mind goes blank
I started reading it the day before and was just interested so decided to change it

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeha it was an interesting topic. I don'tt hink I answerd the question that well, my thoughts where jumping all over place. I also put a bit in about how increased media, sponsorship n participation in "female" sports would influence our constructs and take away from the steriotypes placed apon ppl. I thought the 2nd part was so hard.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah me too. For some reason i thought of it as 'women' instead of gender when i started writing and it took me about 2 pages before I had to somehow lead on to my introduction about women into the two genders.

My conclusion, I think was that sport in Australia is a domain in which sterotypes exist. This is due to traditional things such as patriarchal binaries. Gender, is constructed in sport through these values as well as through the media's portrayal. Role models try and challenge the stereotypes in female sports, whilst male sportstars add to the male gendered stereotypes, as working outside the norm could lose sponsorship etc.

You get the drift

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah. Did you talk about the meanings of feminimity and masculinity. man i can't spell.
I just screwed the option up big time, grah. I found I was repeating my self a lot. And waht I said about women, I just wrote the same thing but in context for males. oh well. I guess we'll see. I think I'll get around 70%

stazi

Nightman
HSC
you mean literally the meanings? eg femininity means someone attributed to female characteristics or whatever.
I didnt do that but i did talk about what femininity's characteristics are

SweetSeasons

HSC
hmm, yeah like rugby leauge is seen as maculine because it shows agressin and physical contact

nicola99

for all of u who are saying there has to be 5 of each letter in the multi choice thats so not true. Look at the 2003 answers. There were 6 b's and 4 d's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)