Multiple Choice Answers (1 Viewer)

sin340

question 8

the answer was (D) if you have a look in your text book it should have a diagram..and it says a star topology has a central computer with each device connected directly to it. The central computer serves as a switch.
so therefore it needs the the computer in the centre thats where all the data and everything is transferred through.

morrisoner

Originally posted by sin340
the answer was (D) if you have a look in your text book it should have a diagram..and it says a star topology has a central computer with each device connected directly to it. The central computer serves as a switch.
so therefore it needs the the computer in the centre thats where all the data and everything is transferred through.
yeh i thought this but then i thought the computer in the center is the same as the others, not a hub or switch or anything.

i rekon they will give both c and d for this question

Zenum

1. B
2. B
3. C
4. A
5. B
6. B (But its A :()
7. D
8. D (just look in the text book)
9. B (i can back it up to an extent :p come on BOS give me all u got! :chainsaw:)
10. D (been there done that :p)
11. D
12. A
13. B (That was a giveaway mark)
14. B (ohh... :()
15. A
16. B (simple binary)
17. C (time consuming)
18. C
19. C (A and B are wrong cause u can only have ONE primary key in a table)
20. B (Could also be A)

hrmmm... 17 or 18 out of 20... not bad... but dissapointing :(

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
1) B
2) B
3) C
4) A
5) B
6) B (agree that it was A)
7) D
8) D
9) C
10) D
11) D
12) A (I believe both a and d are correct, depends on the use)
13) B
14) D
15) A
16) B
17) C
18) C
19) C
20) B

JRasnier

12 cannot be d, as when they say between each person computer and the wireless network server, they mean just that, between those two, not any other computer, not even to isp, just that from personal computer.... and also why replace wireless???theres no point???

also with question 6, dont see how (A) is correct, cause field, record, and file, is a structure of a database, but (B) is what i see to be the 'structure of data' in a database...

Last edited:

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Originally posted by JRasnier
12 cannot be d, as when they say between each person computer and the wireless network server, they mean just that, between those two, not any other computer, not even to isp, just that from personal computer.... and also why replace wireless???theres no point???
Regarding 12, I believe this depends on the actual use of the network itself - which is not specified in the question.

If a faster connection to the internet is what will be MOST beneficial - depends on the users of the network, then it is A. If the users generally do not need the internet, then it can't be most beneficial (in practice). So, therefore I believe both can be right, this IS a poorly phrased question, and requires judgement that is different from situation to situation. I think it is likely that it will be answered correctly for both A and D in the end, after some debate at the marking centre.

I do however not the fact that broadband may be technically non-feasible (due to the wireless connection being abandoned), or at least technically unlikely, as if it was satellite wireless broadband you would need satellite connections for all the terminals, and that is just... well whacked...

Overall, my preferred answer was A, if I had to chose a second, it would be D.

JRasnier

anywayz time for my answerz...

1.b
2.b
3.c
4.a
5.b
6.b ( still beleive this is correct)
7.b ( also beleive this is correct)
8.d
9.c
10.d
11.d
12.a
13.b
14.b
15.a
16.b
17.c
18.c
19.d
20.b

with 7. i really beleive that ensuring that the development stays on track, is mor ebeneficial then the user more likely to accept a system to which they have contributed, b, would mean less time wasted, less expenses, also develops a information system which ssolves the problem, as where the answer d, could cost more, take more time, and may even after numerious times, never solve the problem......

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Originally posted by JRasnier
7.b ( also beleive this is correct)
*Dances*

Somebody else put B!! :eek:

I didn't even consider any of the other answers until I got home, logged into BOS and saw that 10+ people had put (and were certain of) D.

Still, even if we're both wrong, it was good to have this special moment.. :p

JRasnier

but dude, i still beleive im right, i had 7.d but then changed it since i had half an hour left, to go through the whole paper, and i know i wouldnt of changed an answer unless i truelybeleived it....thats the only question i changed, besides another one, which i quickly changed back...

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
It does make sense in my eyes.. option D sounds a little too selfish for the staff (what with not wanting to waste their time and money for something the user isn't going to want) and B does focus on user satisfaction - something the entire course practically devotes itself to.

The more I think about it, the more it seems right. For a prototyping approach, for example, users are constantly involved in the development to make sure everything is Ok (or in other words - staying on track).

Could someone who chose D offer their justification? I can't help but feel I've overlooked something..

Last edited:

JRasnier

also, when they cointribute, that could mean just help out with user interface and thats all.....they might accept it just because they done user interface, but they must be stoopid too...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
according to my teacher, 8 (the network topologies) was c, because, oh no, the computer in the middle doesnt represent a hub..
grr
but apart from that i think you and i have all the same answers, apart from a couple that i had no idea and guessed.
lets hope we all do well!

EDIT: oh, and 14, i put b which was apparenly right according to m teacher, as to calculate file size you do 8*1024..or something like that.

but all this being said, its quite possible my teacher was wrong ;)

Last edited:

Jeo

Question 8 is D, because the all the computers represent nodes not computers.

If you think about it, even a computer can act as a hub, but when there is nothing there, its just not right. ;)

Since one character is 1 byte or 8 bits. The correct answer for 14, should be D.

can someone tell me why Q17 is C......till now i cant c how it is.....to get a claim accepted, theres only one tick in that box, the rest have crossed......u look above u onlyneed a report submitted.....y wouldnt it be (b)......i still dnt understand??

Adam

HSC
I didn't understand that either, I used common sense, which may have not been the best way to do it I think.

For example, if its less money, they'll accept it, if you have a report, they will submit it etc.

friday13th

i reckon question 6 was a. an attribute is by definition "a field copied from a master table". the rest (field name, size, type) are descriptions of the attribute. a is logicol, it goes up in structure, from the smallest factor to the largest. any agree???

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
Regarding question 7, I eliminated B because it is the job of the Project Manager - and that is something we HAVE learnt in the course.

Seriously, look at real life situations, if a company contracts something out to a third party, it is that party's responsibility to ensure that the project runs on time, you don't go trying to run personnel you don't employ.

D was then the best answer, and is true, although iffy as pointed out above. But makes sense when you look at prototyping, negotation skills, interview techniques, and the rest of INCAT.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Delta32, do you believe that B is acceptable if not the most appropriate answer? Cause that'll do nicely enough for me. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)