Multiple Choice Answers (1 Viewer)

JRasnier

18 / 20 for meeh for mc then =( one question i changed when i had it right in the first place which is the user involvement...

cause i thought that they not necessarily going to accept the information system just cause they contributed, cause they could lets say they contribute in the colour of the interface, the problem, may not be solved the way the user likes it, where as if it stays on track cause of the user, then the problem would be solved, the way the user wants it, in the first place, well thats was my dumb logic anywayz...

tonberry_kun

O RLY?
HSC
i found the solution :p
those who put 8 * 1024 were all ppl who did multimedia cuz they got it confused with the way to calculate the size of a bitmap :p

note: yes bitmap u divide by 1024 * 8

but this is not a bitmap this is characters, and each character is one byte (using 8 bit binary, 8 bits = 1 byte - remember ur ascii tables from prelim)

and since each character those numbers are already in bytes, u divide by 1024 to get the kilobytes

juber

jhv,m
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by juber
the answer needed to be in kilobytes

8 bits in a byte, 1024 bytes in a kilobyte...
Im wrong...

You only need 1024... Because it is already in bytes, you need not divide it by another 8.

juber

jhv,m
HSC
N/A
question 6 is still a bit weird i thought.

It didn't really ask anything in particular.

The one thing that put me off "a" was "character"

Field name, size, type, and attribute all described the data in the database. and this seemed more attractive than "a" which had "character" in it.

Please tell me does this make any sense? What does "character" mean in terms of this?

holl

Each caharacter is worth 1 bit so u have 2 didivde by 8 to get it into bytes then divide by 1024 for kbs

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tonberry_kun
those who put 8 * 1024 were all ppl who did multimedia cuz they got it confused with the way to calculate the size of a bitmap :p
and since each character those numbers are already in bytes, u divide by 1024 to get the kilobytes
Very true :) I had this one the other page (Page 3 or 4) :p
Originally posted by tonberry_kun
*DING DING DING* we have a winner!
Hey... what about me :p :p J/K! :D
Originally posted by Jeo
I do multimedia and still got it right. :D
I got it wrong, I'm an 8*1024 person ;)
Originally posted by holl
Each caharacter is worth 1 bit so u have 2 didivde by 8 to get it into bytes then divide by 1024 for kbs
Each character is not 1 bit, it is 1 byte.
1 byte = 8 bits.

See tonberry's post, or my post on the previous page.
You do not need to divide by 8 at all, if it is already in bytes
Originally posted by juber
question 6 is still a bit weird i thought.
It didn't really ask anything in particular.

The one thing that put me off "a" was "character"

Field name, size, type, and attribute all described the data in the database. and this seemed more attractive than "a" which had "character" in it.

Please tell me does this make any sense? What does "character" mean in terms of this?
I've answered this in another thread, or perhaps this thread.
Question 6 asked for data structures.
"Which terms are used to describe the structure of data stored in a database?"

File > Record > Field > Character
This was preliminary (Year 11) I believe, if not Years 9-10 Computing Studies for those that did it.

The answer is A, because they are all data structures and can be used to describe the structure of data stored in a database.

Field names do not describe the structure of data, nor does the size itself, or type (data type), quite possibly the attribute will describe ONE COMPONENT of structured data.

Juber, character = the smallest unit of data that people can handle. It is a single letter, number, punctuation mark, or special symbol that can be displayed on the screen. (Taking the literal definition).

I'll quote:

Flat file databases organise data using data structures called ... (you guessed it) files, records, fields and characters.

File
- block of data, divided into a number of records.
Record - collection of facts about an entry in a database, divided into a number of fields.
Field - specific category of data, made up of characters.
Character - smallest unit of data (see above definition).

:)

Rudager

Originally posted by Leap
I put C cause I didn't think there should be a computer in the middle there - I figured that usually it'd be a hub or something but I'm starting to feel confused...
That comp could have multiple NIC's, and a Hub/switch is considered sorta a comp on the network. If it was setup the way it is in C there would be collisions galore about 2% of the data would get to where it supposed to.

It's definatly D

And i dont see what was so hard about 16

point 2 height = 2 = 010
point 3 height = 4 = 100
point 4 height = 1 =001

fatmuscle

HSC
Hi all

hope you all found the IPT exam alright.

Here's an excel doc that has all the MCQ's posted so far. Unfortuantely it's only 6 of you. PLEASE CONTINUE TO PUT YOUR MCQ"S UP ONLINE IN THIS THREAD!!! and please do so with other hsc exams with MCQ's in them. DO'nt be shy!!!

this excel doc shows how many ppl put the different a's b's c's and d's.
it shows the most common answer too.

If you do want this excel file for other subjects, msg me for the password.

http://www.boredofstudies.org/other/IPT-BOS-MC.xls

***LASTEST FILE UPDATE***
25.10.03 - 5.45PM
14 ppl's answers

Ian

Bandit

Originally posted by Rudager

point 2 height = 2 = 010
point 3 height = 4 = 100
point 4 height = 1 =001
I agree with you there... that questions was easy. It might be SDD talking though :\

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
Originally posted by Rudager

It's definatly D

point 2 height = 2 = 010
point 3 height = 4 = 100
point 4 height = 1 =001 [/B]
yeah that is the correct answer but that was B not D

Rudager

Originally posted by cheesegrater
yeah that is the correct answer but that was B not D
whoops so it was :eek:

i think it was in there to test people's binary conversion skills, and yeah maybe SDD had a hand in it

RX8LP

In question 20 of multiple choice........i thought the answer was A.
In the second box on the diagram is always a number (Subj_No) so it should be numeric shouldnt it. So that rules out text for B.
Am i missing something here !

Rudager

The last one is always boolean, second last is always numeric. That only left one answer, B

Can someone please tell me wat they rekon i got with these answers?? plzzzzzzzzzz.................coz the multiple choice section killed me......i atleast want 16 for it............wat u rekon i got??

1) b
2) b
3) c
4)a
5)b
6)a
7) d
8) d
9)c
10) d
11) d
12) a
13) b
14) b
15) a
16) c
17) b
18) c
19) c
20) b

im looking at that excel multiple choice sheet..........for Q17....the most common answer was (c).........i cant c how theyngot this one.......the only one left is (b).........have a look at it carefully?? im not sure..........and also for Q20)...i put b...but having a look at it, i think its (a).......my reason is coz the 4th box, if it was numeric, it would be centred,...however, the seond box is centred with numeric.......therefore the 4th would have to be text since it isnt centred........wat u all rekon???

Rudager

It emphasises BEST in big captiol letters in the question, the best would be B i dont think the centreing counts, Subject number should idealy be a numeric, but then you dont have Boolean for the Fees-Paid, whereas in B there's 2 feilds with statisfactory data types instead of the 1 in the rest therefor B is teh BEST answer

Q17) If it was B then the first set in the coditions Loss<$300 and Police report submitted would result in claim accepted, but it doesnt

Bandit

!!!!!!!!!

I would like to make a point for people to consider.

In 2001 and 2002 Multiple Choice answers, for some questions more than one answer has been accepted. There is no reason for this to not be the case in our paper, and questions with very close answers may be inclusive. For example, Question 8, both C and D may be accepted. It depends on how bitchy they decide to be about it. What they do is, get all the results. They look at the results and if there are any questions where a LOT of people got it wrong and still demonstrated good understanding in their answer, they will award a mark for two answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)