MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

mrstripedshades

HSC
SUper happy with how the sem went so far, but guess we'll see when I get results. Handwriting was awful, particularly in accounting (so far only one where it could be , most mine are maths based).

For my next one I need a mid 60's percentage to get a D for the subject :D. A few days away and its my least favourite subject so I'm pretty happy.

Also apparently no first year subjects are double pass anymore. SO yay for everyone

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
SUper happy with how the sem went so far, but guess we'll see when I get results. Handwriting was awful, particularly in accounting (so far only one where it could be , most mine are maths based).

For my next one I need a mid 60's percentage to get a D for the subject :D. A few days away and its my least favourite subject so I'm pretty happy.

Also apparently no first year subjects are double pass anymore. SO yay for everyone
I think they are cutting down on double pass units...

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm having a "back in my day!" moment now.

I'm super jealous. I'll admit I failed a few units based entirely on a few marks in the final exam and it sucks. Second attempts, no double passes. You guys know how much quicker I could have finished? Maybe a whole semester!!! :cry:

mrstripedshades

HSC

I'm super jealous. I'll admit I failed a few units based entirely on a few marks in the final exam and it sucks. Second attempts, no double passes. You guys know how much quicker I could have finished? Maybe a whole semester!!! :cry:
Does second attempts mean you can only do a unit twice and thats it?

I also dont understand the concept of failing a unit and not being able to do it again... Isnt your degree basically over.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
I'm thankful I havent failed anything (yet)

If i pass consolidated financial accounting next sem i'll be stoked.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm thankful I havent failed anything (yet)

If i pass consolidated financial accounting next sem i'll be stoked.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I've got consolidated financial accounting this semester :chainsaw:

I'll be stoked if I pass it to!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

I also dont understand the concept of failing a unit and not being able to do it again... Isnt your degree basically over.

No, you do units more then twice. Apparently in ACCG224 when ilikecats and I did it last year people were there who had done in 3 times already.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad

Double passes make everything unnecessarily stressfull :(

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad

Second attempts I was referring to was the exam policy (If you failed the exam but we're close to passing, you get a second go).

If you fail a unit twice, you do get another attempt. You have to apply to be allowed to take the unit, and you usually need to explain to them what you have done to ensure you won't fail again. There's usually also additional meetings and monitoring of you to make sure your not falling behind again. This will continue until you pass the unit, or until you are formally refused another attempt.

In short though, if you're failing units multiple times and can't show the staff you've done anything to fix the issue, you won't complete your degree. Given the amount of support services available, it's unlikely most people would ever get to this situation though.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC

Double pass doesn't mean what you think it means. Double pass is where you have to pass the unit overall (50%+) AS WELL AS pass the final exam (50+). It seems like you think double pass is something to do with repeating a unit.

mrstripedshades

HSC
Double pass doesn't mean what you think it means. Double pass is where you have to pass the unit overall (50%+) AS WELL AS pass the final exam (50+). It seems like you think double pass is something to do with repeating a unit.
actually I didnt. i was asking what she meant by second attempts, and I've heard of certain units which can only be done twice or once, if failed you have to drop the degree. I just wanted to know if theres really units like that or not.

Also, whens the post date for exam results? Will it be after Session 2 commences.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Bag room
Dates
Mason Theatre (E7B)
Operating from midday on Tuesday 13 June until the end of the formal exam period.
Note: Mason Theatre (E7B) is operating for all sessions (including 6pm).
Price Theatre (W5A)
Operating from midday on Tuesday 13 June - Friday 23 June (inclusive).
Note: Price Theatre (W5A) is not operating for any 6pm sessions.
X5B Theatre
Operating from Wednesday 14 June - Wednesday 21 June (inclusive).
Note: X5B Theatre is not operating for any 6pm sessions.

Source:https://students.mq.edu.au/study/exams-and-results/exam-timetables

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Not sure if any other first years think the same, but a unit that provides students with questions on content that wasn't covered - only promoting confusion, is a good example of a poorly run unit (BBA102). Lecture 13 Revision gives questions not covered, and unfair dismissals (a question a student got) isn't covered in the textbook nor the lectures (the concept is, but not the types of unfair dismissals).

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Results are always released before semster starts. If you fail a prerequisite unit, you'll be automatically unenrolled (there's an email too)

On another note, that exam was a bitch. FML

ameher

HSC
No, you do units more then twice. Apparently in ACCG224 when ilikecats and I did it last year people were there who had done in 3 times already.
I remember 224 back in the day. Tough unit no doubt, was the toughest unit i ever faced in my 6 years of uni.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Forgot to mention power went out during the exam. It was an interesting turn of events.

Kolmias

HSC
Forgot to mention power went out during the exam. It was an interesting turn of events.
Get on my level. I once had power go out during work in the middle of a storm. We washed dishes in the dark and I got my phone, put it in a dry ic cream container, turned the phone torch on and booom, who needs powah. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)