MQ Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Everyone happy (or at least relieved) about their marks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
But I want to move one of my lectures to a different day because I've now realised that there will probably be an exam in the lecture for one week.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm relieved they're out. I knew I did bad in that exam and knowing one question stopped me from passing suckssssss.
Ah well. Going to have to work harder next semester!

Pretty stoked with my HD though. That's a really proud moment for me.

Need estudent to return so I can completely overhaul my timetable through. I should have been automatically removed from 2 of my units and I'll need to enrol into 2 new ones!

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
The worst part of failing is not repeating a subject nor the decrease in GPA.
It's the fact I've now got an absolutely shithouse 5 day tmetable featuring an 8-10pm tutorial on Friday evenings.

Boo life.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
The worst part of failing is not repeating a subject nor the decrease in GPA.
It's the fact I've now got an absolutely shithouse 5 day tmetable featuring an 8-10pm tutorial on Friday evenings.

Boo life.
Oh gross!

I'm semi worried about taking on four units and working four days.

Somehow, I feel that there is a chance of everything going wrong. I think it's time to go to a print house and get a "hang in there" poster lols.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
The following things I like Macquarie University:

- the size of the campus is manageable (I hated the distance I had to walk around when I was at UNSW)
- proximity to transport facilities i.e train and bus links
- proximity to Macquarie Shops / food court on campus, which is very convenient
- constant accessibility to online lectures (I have yet to find a subject that doesn't post lectures online)
- friendly tutors who are willing to answer (almost) every question you have, provided it isn't directly answerable from the unit guide
- I don't feel pressured - in saying this, I am the type that gets nervous around academically gifted people. I'm not saying the people at MQ Uni are not academically gifted, people were just more pronounced about how intelligent they are at UNSW - which is off putting (personal experience, will confirm not everyone is like that).

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
I have to agree with Insoulvency Reaper on a lot of that.

The campus is really nice. A great size, beautiful scenery, lots of people around. The buildings may seem a bit old and ugly from the outside, but inside the vast majority have been recently renovated and are great.

Online access to resources and services are top notch. I too have found every lecture is recorded (I started at MQ in 2013). Additionally, the timetabling, class enrolment, form submission, and AskMQ (q & a site) are really good.

The location for me is great. You've got Macquarie Centre at one end. Plenty of shops transport and things to do. There are stores on campus too if you don't want to walk as far, and all seem to have pretty good food and prices IMO.

The vast majority of my lecturers and of my tutors have been great. Very knowledgeable, easy to understand and helpful. The support services have also been great.

People seem to attend class and participate, which also means it's a good environment to learn.

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
GOODBYE EVIL FRODAY TUTORIAL.
Hello 3 day time table.

It's a little more spread out than I wanted, but if I only go for the mandatory classes it's an hour on Tuesday, 4 hours on Wednesday with an hour break, and 2 hours on Thursday. Mondays and Fridays are mine to savoir.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
lols changed my subs around again.

Planning on getting finance 1A outta the way. Scared though, cos I haven't done any sort of maths since year 10 [emoji23]

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
lols changed my subs around again.

Planning on getting finance 1A outta the way. Scared though, cos I haven't done any sort of maths since year 10 [emoji23]

It's mostly just algebraic manipulation + wording that most people struggle with.

Also PAL is available + Naralle's lectures are probably the best if you are struggling with the content (hopefully they are recorded for you).

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
https://grapeshotmq.com.au/2016/07/changes-mq-unis-assessment-policy/

Also there has been changes to MQ uni's assessment policies.

"For every group-work assessment, at least 50% of the mark will be devoted to an individual grade for each participant. So no more free rides, bludgers.
Assessments will be designed to further promote academic honesty and prevent plagiarism
The minimum number of assessments for each unit has been reduced from three to two.
Hurdle assessments (‘activities for which a minimum level of performance or participation is a condition of passing the unit in which it occurs’, as defined by Lia Saunders) can be attempted again if initially failed, as long as a serious first attempt has been submitted."

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Accg301 has the same textbook as Accg200.

I regret selling my copy now :evilfire:

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad

ilikecats

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry for the many posts, but I just wanted to say that 3 or my 4 unit guides have gone up already.

That's a record for me!

http://unitguides.mq.edu.au/units

Don't forget to check yours!

Edit: And 1 ilearn page!

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm on 3/4 units up for unit guides. Still waiting for Financial Management.

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
All of mine are up!

Not sure why I'm looking given I'm on holiday

Raining at Perisher at the moment... The worst!

ameher

HSC
I'm on 3/4 units up for unit guides. Still waiting for Financial Management.
You guys are making me miss MQ. amazing place, spent 5.5 years there, so many great friends made, so many experiences. Was one of the best experiences of my life attending MQ by far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)