Motivation for weight loss... (1 Viewer)

muscleman09

HSC
The only thing that i know that is working for me is having a picture of my self in undies next to Brad Pitt from Fight Club on my desktop... i mean, my flabs could be wrapped around his body at least 2 times...

What do you guys do to remind your self, or even motivate your self to losing weight?

Actually, it doesn't even have to do with weight, what do you do to motivate your self in general in order to achieve a long term goal? i.e HSC?

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
why are most of your threads about weight loss/kfc?

get off bos and fucking excercise jeeze

Guesss

HSC
The only thing that i know that is working for me is having a picture of my self in undies next to Brad Pitt from Fight Club on my desktop... i mean, my flabs could be wrapped around his body at least 2 times...

What do you guys do to remind your self, or even motivate your self to losing weight?

Actually, it doesn't even have to do with weight, what do you do to motivate your self in general in order to achieve a long term goal? i.e HSC?
To be honest i treat myself with something... like a reward system!

If i study for a specified amt. of time i get a chocolate of sumthing... you get the point.

ANd with exercise if i train for a specified amt. of time each day i get 2 go shopping!!! Ur a guy so u could moviess or sumfing if u dnt like shopping. lol

good luck :)

Lori.

HSC
i dont really remember how i motivated myself at first, i guess it started when i started to read women's health and when i got to watch dr. oz on oprah on a regular basis lol (i later bought his book - 'you - the owner's guide' - pretty good book imho!). All the education you can get out of things like that can really help you to change your mindset about food and exercise to the extend where you can successfully change your lifestyle (yes, that's such a cliche, but it is the only way to go - and really not as hard as one might think). So if you read a mag, like Men's Health in your case, that can be a good motivator, because theres a new one every month and then you have something new to look forward to.

Secondly, as above, a rewards system is great; what i do is i have one of those yearly wall calendars and i get a gold star for every day that i go to the gym (and a blue star for every day that i go running lol). that's something you can look at everyday and be proud of and work on.
Another great reinforcer is tracking your progress in a spreadsheet, so you can record your weight, measurements, how much weight you're pressing at the gym, etc etc etc, for every week or fortnight and then again you have a visual reminder of how well you're doing!

So i guess what they all have in common is that they're motivators that keep motivating; the magazine teaches you something new every month, the calendar gets better and better every day and the spreadsheet every week.
Your photo on your wall, thats not telling you how well youre doing, thats just bringing you down by reminding you of how awful you feel about your weight! if youre undertaking a massive change in your life, like losing weight, you should have something tell you that you're bloody awesome for it!

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I was at a Woolworths store the other day.
I was walking along and was just about to walk past an obese hag when she moved backwards with her trolley knocking me off balance.
Then that Woolworths worker said "You know that was going to happen".
Yes of course it was, if it wasn't for her monolithic ass she would have missed.
Now this obesity epidemic is really irritating me.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Seeing Mischa Barton on The OC makes me feel flabby.

gurusson

HSC
One of my mates wanted to join the army. this provide motivation for him to drop about 50kg. so if you have something you want to achieve like running a marathon, this should provide the motivation. my suggestion is aim to ride the sydney to wollongong bike ride next year!!

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
when people tell me they are noticing i have lost weight keeps me going, and makes sure i do not stop, or when i put on that skirt i made during the holidays and realise i need to take it in

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Your only motivation should be to imagine how good your going to feel when your lighter, sleeping better, breathing better, having more energy, looking sexy (you fag) and picking up the chicky babes.

If that doesnt motivate you, then go live an obese life.

muscleman09

HSC
Your only motivation should be to imagine how good your going to feel when your lighter, sleeping better, breathing better, having more energy, looking sexy (you fag) and picking up the chicky babes.

If that doesnt motivate you, then go live an obese life.

Thanks cunt =)

kara42

HSC
My motivation is that I'm going to QLD at the end of the year and I have to be thin for that.

...that being said, I don't do any physical activity so whatever.

Smokee

HSC
Hmm, I'm trying to find a motivator for myself but usually I have an image of what I want to look like, preferably before summer, one where I can just be confident and feel great rather than being to scared and self conscious to prance around in a bikini.
That thought usually keeps me motivated for about 30 seconds.

Or I just look at all the pretty toned girls in the magazines and wish I had there bodies. That is kinda motivational to.

Yeah I suck haha

HalcyonSky

HSC
Hmm, I'm trying to find a motivator for myself but usually I have an image of what I want to look like, preferably before summer, one where I can just be confident and feel great rather than being to scared and self conscious to prance around in a bikini.
That thought usually keeps me motivated for about 30 seconds.

Or I just look at all the pretty toned girls in the magazines and wish I had there bodies. That is kinda motivational to.

Yeah I suck haha
eww, you're fat as well as being an alcoholic bogan?

Pacchiru

like bonnie and clyde
HSC
youre supposed to be motivating them not putting them down

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
actually
maybe i won't get fast food tonight

miss silvstedt, eat your heart out.
i'm wearing my new bikini to the beach woo

sleazy italian backpackers woo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)