Most OVERRATED sport stars (1 Viewer)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
lol i hate people who say that people are not attractive when they clearly are.

ZaraKu

HSC
Nope. Just makes them shit.
No I think it just proves that no one is perfect, and in my opinion people had way too high expectations. I mean look at Melbourne Victory, won the title in 06/07 season, then had a dismal 07/08 season.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
a-league in general is overrated.

i don't understand how its possible for them to lose possession by basically passing the ball to the other team, or just tripping over their own feet trying to do a stepover, or simply attempting to dribble, so often in a game.

i think it was a German or Dutch coach who commented that the a-league was the quality of their second or third league.

i think that was probably generous.

its by all means better than the nsl (seriously wtf was that)

but it barely justifies its own existence. so many crap, crap players who think they are king shiz

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
No I think it just proves that no one is perfect, and in my opinion people had way too high expectations. I mean look at Melbourne Victory, won the title in 06/07 season, then had a dismal 07/08 season.
No. Melbourne finished 5th whereas Jets finished last.

That's shit.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Anybody who thinks Ricky Ponting is overrated is a fucking idiot. They're ignorant of the fact:

- he has scored over 10,000 test runs
- he has scored over 10,000 ODI runs
- has the best win % of any other test captain in any other country (To have captained over 20 matches)
- from memory he also has one of the best ODI win % (In australia)

Recent performances haven't been great, but to put any loss solely on him is moronic. You must have forgotten that there are 10 other players in the team. Easily done
His batting is, for the most part, not is question. He makes mistakes here and there and cannot run between the wickets effectively. He isn't Robinson Crusoe though.

Best win % is a misnomer, he still inherited Warne and McGrath for at least half of his test matches. They alone are worth 20-30% to any captains win %. Case in point - Warne's one man mission against England in Adelaide during the last Ashes; McGrath and Warne (and Clarke) somehow bowling India out on the last day of the dirty Singh test in Sydney last year.

Waugh, Taylor, Border were all better captains. Perhaps he is on par with Hughes. And that isn't a compliment. The last test in India will be an indelible stain on his career - you cannot bowl spinners just to avoid missing the next test against NZ reserves when you a legitimate chance of retaining a series - in India no less, the hardest place to win in the world.

i agree for the sake of australian cricket i believe we should change captains and let ponting focus on his batting...although finding a replacement would be difficult. rekon pups up 2 it?
No, he isn't. He is still far too immature. You do not request that the team song is finished early just so you can go home and fuck your gf - no matter how hot she is.

RHINO7

HSC
Scott Prince
Joel Griffiths
Melissa Barbieri
Dale Steyn

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Yeah, because I actually said she wasn't attractive...

fine. i hate people who infer someone is not as attractive as people make them out to be when they probably are, or if they aren't, not enough for what the person said to make sense/be funny in any way.

Roy9

HSC
fine. i hate people who infer someone is not as attractive as people make them out to be when they probably are, or if they aren't, not enough for what the person said to make sense/be funny in any way.
1) I don't understand what you just said.
2) It's called an opinion. You know.... people have different ones....
3) Do you hate people who say someone is overrated or do you hate it when people say someone is overrated? Hating someone because of an insignificant opinion is a bit over the top, don't you think?

kwabon

Banned
HSC
His batting is, for the most part, not is question. He makes mistakes here and there and cannot run between the wickets effectively. He isn't Robinson Crusoe though.

Best win % is a misnomer, he still inherited Warne and McGrath for at least half of his test matches. They alone are worth 20-30% to any captains win %. Case in point - Warne's one man mission against England in Adelaide during the last Ashes; McGrath and Warne (and Clarke) somehow bowling India out on the last day of the dirty Singh test in Sydney last year.

Waugh, Taylor, Border were all better captains. Perhaps he is on par with Hughes. And that isn't a compliment. The last test in India will be an indelible stain on his career - you cannot bowl spinners just to avoid missing the next test against NZ reserves when you a legitimate chance of retaining a series - in India no less, the hardest place to win in the world.

No, he isn't. He is still far too immature. You do not request that the team song is finished early just so you can go home and fuck your gf - no matter how hot she is.

so very true....

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
not you too tim.
did a douche hack your account?

sdent40

HSC
Lucas Neill is pretty shit, he's probably a little too aggressive and makes rash decisions as a defender imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)